Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Fri, 19 November 2004 04:58 Go to next message
HEy,

whos got a ATi X800 VIDeo card? is it as good as what everyone says?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what you want to do. Yes it is as good as they say. Yes its quite a nice solution as it owns the nVidia ones for efficiency. If its for Doom3, it will always get beaten by the nVidia cards because they have a better OpenGL implementation.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So u rekon NVidia is the best choice? i mean its hard to decide hey?

but for a relatively Good reliable high end graphics card... i'm either gonna buy the X800XT or the 6800Ultra... i dont know which one to get
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6800 Ultra hands down

or 6800GT and flash to an ultra

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 05:40]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Fri, 19 November 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I prefer the ATI solution, mainly for the heat and noise factor, but the 6800 Ultras are always going to be faster.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Sat, 20 November 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the ati my friends... Ati has always been the best.. Smile And still will be the best Smile
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Mon, 22 November 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It honestly depends on the games you will be playing. The nVidia cards generally work better in OpenGL games, ATI cards work better in Direct3D games. The X800XT is usually faster than the 6800 Ultra in most general benchmarks, especially at high resolutions, but both are still excellent performers.

The previous FX or 5th generation nVidia GeForce cards were shocking. They had quite horrible DirectX 9 performance compared to the ATI cards, and as a result lost a lot of market to ATI. Thankfully nVidia has picked up their act and released a much better product with the 6 series.

I myself have an X800 Pro and it works great in Half-Life 2 at 1600x1200 with everything up full. Put the thing into Doom3 and it still runs great, but not as good as the 6800GT.

That being said, I doubt I will be playing or modding Doom3 anytime soon, so I stuck with ATI. HL2 all the way.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Mon, 22 November 2004 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- i dont mean to go off slightly off topic -

But with these cards, can you play games over 2 monitors ?
or more ? - ie: 2 or 3 screen doom ?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Radeon ATi X800 XT Vid card, anyone have one? Tue, 23 November 2004 09:04 Go to previous message
6800, x800 wat ever, give it a yea when the price goes down, that wat i did and i got a 5900xt 128mb for $300, best money for value (like the ti4200 for $100)... otherwise look elsewhere if you got money to spend Confused

Quote:

But with these cards, can you play games over 2 monitors ?
or more ? - ie: 2 or 3 screen doom ?

and they better! the fx5900xt has dual monitor so as the 9600xt just look at the specs Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Casey Donovan wins Australian idol!
Next Topic:I QUIT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 08:52:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035269260406494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.