Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » 2 door mk2 corona (manual)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bexi
Regular

May 2002

2 door mk2 corona (manual) Tue, 22 October 2002 13:16 Go to next message
well i have a rare mk2 corona... well three actually... but i'm thinking about getting rid of one of them as my long term plan is to have 1 good one and i'm not sure that i'm going to need 2 spare's to make the one that i'm keeping good.
so i'm thinking about selling the one that is probably the rarest... it's an mx22 2 door mk2 corona. most of you know how rare these are and this one is even more rare as it is a manual. it is white...i dont have any pics sorry.
it is not road worthy...meaning that it is not a car that you can drive home and take it to a blue slip place and get it passed... it's really something that would be good for a project car or for restoration. it does have some rust in it (good luck finding one without rust!) but it's not falling apart with rust and it is fairly straight and doesn't have bits missing...it is all complete.
it has been sitting for 2 years so the fuel in it isn't exactly fresh.... i had it running a couple of weeks ago when i sprayed some aerostart down the carby but it stopped when it ran out of aerostart to run on.
i'm not in a mad rush to sell it and will just use it for parts myself if i dont, but i'm not too sure how many people are after these and i did notice a fair bit of interest in the one that was for sale in melbourne a couple of months ago (i'm in sydney)
so i think that's about all you need to know and if anyone's ineterested... feel free to reply here or 'PM' me to come have a look at it.
i'm not really sure how much it's worth and there's not much point talking a bout a price before you've seen it anyway so if anyone's seriously interested, then i'll hear from you soon.

bexi
  Send a private message to this user    
mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Tue, 22 October 2002 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate Put up Some PICS, So I can check it out
Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Wed, 23 October 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bexi wrote on Tue, 22 October 2002 23:16

it is white...i dont have any pics sorry.

bexi
Regular

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Wed, 23 October 2002 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...thanks sprocket

mikey... if you're interested... you're more than welcome to come and have a look
i live in the hills area in sydney

bexi
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Thu, 24 October 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bexi.
I dont think i'm really interested in your car but i'd like to know more about these cars.
Ie. is there also a 4 door version?
what motor is in the 4 cyl? an 18R or some such i assume??

thanks.
CamZH
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Fri, 25 October 2002 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep there are 4 doors. The engines were 6 cylinders - M and 2M in the MX10 and MX22, and 4M in the MX13 and 23. In Europe, the budget models were available with R series engines. They're quite rare nowadays.
Here is a 4 door:http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/PIFeb10b.jpg
and here is a 2 door.http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/JZX23/MX23.jpg
They're ugly as sin, and they're both mine.

Oh sorry to hijack.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 October 2002 03:00]

bexi
Regular

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Fri, 25 October 2002 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only sin going on here is the fact that you just called a mk2 corona ugly!
what were you thinking... shame on you!
hey so gianttomato... which one are you using for your project??
my mx23 is the same colour as your 2 door... yours looks like it's a bit vleaner though.
i'll put up a pic of my mx22 (the one i'm using for the project) when i can get someone to host them for me somewhere
bexi
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Sat, 26 October 2002 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,
If it wasn't that horrible brown colour, the 2-door would look pretty cool Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Sun, 27 October 2002 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 door is getting the 5MTE, 2 door has the 2JZGE. That's off getting the exhaust done at moment - should have it back in the next week and a half. Then Hilux diff (finished and sitting in garage), tailshaft, ECU and suspension. And yeah, probably a paintjob.....somwhere in the distant future.
marty
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Sun, 27 October 2002 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bexi

u still looking to sell it?

i might be interested if the price is rite.....can u move it at all?

bexi
Regular

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Tue, 29 October 2002 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey marty... i'm pretty casual about selling it... like i said, if i dont sell it, i'll use it for parts... but yes it's still for sale. as far as 'the right price' goes, you'll need to look at it before you know how much you wanna pay but i'm not asking thousands of dollars for it.

bexi
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Thu, 31 October 2002 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the only sin going on here is the fact that you just called a mk2 corona ugly!
what were you thinking... shame on you!

Sorry Bexi.. With Giant Tomato.. I have a MX23 .. They ugly as all F%$K.. Mad cars.. I love mine.. but very ugly.. Laughing

Mine even has the wierd mirrors down the front of the car.. Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Fri, 01 November 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bexi,

If you email me the pics to rod@toymods.org.au I'll get em up for you.

And a previous owner and a Fan of the 2 Door Mk II's ....... They are Butt Ugly ..... But way Cool !
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Fri, 01 November 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love my Mk2's, but they are without doubt the ugliest Toyota ever made - the wagon is really ugly (they actually made one!). Hence perfect for stealthy motoring - no body would suspect it.
bexi
Regular

May 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Sat, 02 November 2002 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmm.... i have no more come backs and no support to back it up so.... err!
hey thanks rod... i'll get phil on the case for me with his camera!
bexi
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: 2 door mk2 corona (manual) Sat, 02 November 2002 11:30 Go to previous message
I reckon they look cool! (havent seen a wagon tho)

maybe its just me??
Speaking of cool old Toyota's theres a crown of about the same vintage in my street from time to time, has the same rear lights as the MX22 and 23, but looks completly different at the front, if its there in the morning i'll take some pics and put them up. (this will take some time as i dont have a digital cam)

the plates on the car are XB-428.
Does anyone know anything about it?
maybe i'll just ask the owner??

CamZH
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: Corona or Gazelle
Next Topic:WTB- 1990-93 Corolla sx or gti
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 18:22:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15543794631958 seconds