Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Wiper motors (yawn)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Wiper motors (yawn) Sun, 21 November 2004 11:15 Go to next message
anyone know a good way to remove a TA22 wiper motor? i can't get to all the bolts, so now ive busted all the ones at the wreckers.
is there a possible swap from any other car? RA28 looks similar, but the connector pins are different... corollas mabe?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Mon, 22 November 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know how you can't get to all the bolts, mine just came undone. I have upgraded to an RA60 wiper motor, much more powerful and better, again that just bolts on. You will have to splice/join the four wires but its a straightforward exercice to do that. Or run the wires into the old connector, but you will not get a newer/better one with the same connector as the TA22 unit.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Mon, 22 November 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using a Mk3 Supra wiper motor which again is a direct bolt on but the connector is different. You will find most Toyota wiper motors use the same bolt pattern so just grab a new-ish one from the wreckers.
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Tue, 23 November 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
went and got an RA60 motor and linkage, but theres too many bolt holes, 4 on the motor and only 3 holes in the firewall from where the 3 old bolts came out (they line up with 3 of the new bolts theres just 1 extra one on the RA60). think i might have to grind off one of the "legs" of the motor housing, where the bolt goes through to attach it to the firewall, either that or grind off some of the firewall to make it fit as there's a protruding piece of sheet metal, which i dont want to do.

also, ra23celica, how did you wire up yours? theres too many wires on the RA60 and not enough on the TA22 (electromagnetic intermittant function?) which ones did you leave off? (colours)

cheers,

Jim.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Tue, 23 November 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found all the bolt holes on the RA60 wiper motor matched my RA23 unit.
The wire colours used on the RA23 might differ from the TA22, but, from memory, two of the four wires were the same colour, power and earth I think, and the other two were just a matter of making a loose connection, wetting the windscreen, and testing it, one was low speed - the other high. If you spend a few minutes studying the wires, it should follow a simple pattern.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Wed, 24 November 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same here.

i got a ra60 motor on my ta22.

only prob is its not fully wired .

i got two speeds. no intermitant.

ill get to it one day.

Nathan
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Sun, 28 November 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did anyone end up getting the motor to stop at the bottom of the stroke when you turn it off? if so, how?
i know that rotating ring is a kind of switch, but i can't quite figure out the wiring, like i said, im not too flash with electronics...

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 08:19]

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Sun, 28 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ What he said ... how?
Cheers

Nathan
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Tue, 30 November 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
i went and got the wiper control relay from the RA60, should make things work a little better. still havn't got the wiring yet though..
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wiper motors (yawn) Tue, 30 November 2004 06:41 Go to previous message
good idea that, getting the relay... didnt think of that.

should help with the return to rest mode on the wipers.

im guna hunt for some wiring diagrams and see what i can find...ill let ya's know

Cheers

Nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 - 4ac - 4age
Next Topic:S13 and S14 front brakes and suspension AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 16:43:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051009654998779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.