Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » BOV not making much noise???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
icon5.gif  BOV not making much noise??? Thu, 25 November 2004 05:08 Go to next message
Hey guys,
I've noticed recently that my BOV hasn't been making much noise.
Now let me start by saying im not a mad rice dude or anything, i don't have it for the noise, i have it to preserve the turbo.
But i'm guessing that if it's not making much noise, its not working 100%.
This is the BOV i have :http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43808&item=4506764360&rd=1
Can i simply unscrew it to have a look and make sure its not jammed or something?
It is boosting so its certainly not jammed open.
Any help would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Thu, 25 November 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it might have too many washers in it which would not make it work as much.
pull it apart and check.

Just a thought.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Thu, 25 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spring tension too hard??
how much boost??
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Thu, 25 November 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you lowered the boost? if its making less noise than usual and its the same boost it seems like something mechanically has gone wrong with the BOV, which isnt all that unlikely considering its an extremely cheapo BOV.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Fri, 26 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info.
It's still running the same 11psi boost, just not making the same noise. I'll try to loosen the spring tension tomorrow. See if that makes any difference.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Fri, 26 November 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude,

I had the same problem with my BOV (I have a Blitz SS) and i removed it and physically moved the piston with my hands to check for freedom of movement (i thought it was fubar). It moved freely, but since it was late i neglected to realise that the adjustment nut on top of the BOV was completely missing Shocked

I found a replacement nut, and fiddled with its positioning a bit till it sounded the same again.

One thing to note, while adjusting i looked into the trumpet at the side of the piston to watch its movement, and i noticed at some adjustment settings the BOV was partially open at idle which would let air into the system past the AFM...make sure you find a setting that releases pressure when needed but keeps fully closed when manifold is under vacuum.

cheers!
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Fri, 26 November 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome info!
I took it apart yesterday and put it back together playing with the spring a bit. I'll rip it apart again tomorrow and wipe it all out. Then i'll play with the adjusting nut.
Cheers dude!
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Sun, 28 November 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turns out it it was a split it a hose off the turbo that was giving me hassles. All good now. I might check out the rest of the hoses for leaks, coz it seems to only hit 7psi every now and then.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: BOV not making much noise??? Mon, 29 November 2004 01:54 Go to previous message
no worries mate, it always pays to check all your hoses and piping for your intake especially after the AFM (if you still have one) and the turbo due to pressures generated.

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:scewed steering rack i think. what to do...
Next Topic:SR20DET vs 3TGTEU vs 3SGTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 13:59:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048880577087402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.