Toymods » The Outhouse » smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34'

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wasn't his car. He didn't own a 700hp GTR.
  Send a private message to this user    
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If statistics from the government managed to show that one particular racial group, religious group, or sex were more likely to have an accident do you think they would restrict them? what they can drive and when they can drive?
I'm guessing no as there would be a huge discrimination outcry..
And what is discrimination? judgment based purely on class or category rather than individual merit... the class is under 25 drivers, the judgment is that they are unable to safely drive high powered vehicles, and individual merit is ignored all together. I don't see this as being any different from discriminating against any other minority.
The solution is, as has been said before, driver education.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:29

Quote:

- Be banned from driving v8's
- Be banned from driving forced induction cars
- Have strict power: weight ratio enforced

in vic its like P's can't drive a car with 130kw+/- or something (some one confirm/correct this) Confused

130kw per ton is what i was told by the little person behind the desk at vicroads.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:55

It wasn't his car. He didn't own a 700hp GTR.

Never said it was, but if restrictions were in place it wouldnt matter if it was his car or not, he would have been BANNED from driving it.

The three items i posted get around any loop hole someone wants to try and use to beat the system.

86twinky wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 21:10

If statistics from the government managed to show that one particular racial group, religious group, or sex were more likely to have an accident do you think they would restrict them? what they can drive and when they can drive?
I'm guessing no as there would be a huge discrimination outcry..
And what is discrimination? judgment based purely on class or category rather than individual merit... the class is under 25 drivers, the judgment is that they are unable to safely drive high powered vehicles, and individual merit is ignored all together. I don't see this as being any different from discriminating against any other minority.
The solution is, as has been said before, driver education.

Regardless of what the government says, the insurance companes will also look at data. Now any data output can be interpreted in a few ways but some of the main things to look at would be:

- The bell curve
- Trendline
- Outliers
- Skew
- Mean
- Median

Take this information, apply it to all accidents and im sure you will more than likely find that they all point to one thing, younger drivers have more accidents.

This may be a result of circumstance that younger drivers are on the road for more time of the day than other age brackets, or that their is a higher percentage of younger drivers on the road, both of these would be a valid synopsis.

But really, bugger off the curfew and introduce the capcity and power restrictions, anyone can kill themselves in a barina if they try hard enough, but the risk and chance of this happening is greatly reduced (thus why you pay less on your insurance for such a car, because it is deemed as being a smaller risk of being damaged/stolen.)

And if you really want to whinge, imagine how much money you can save for an awesome car whilst you are on your p's and gaining experience on the road in a corolla.

86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I understand how the statistics are obtained...
Statistically one sex has more accidents
Statistically one race has more accidents
Statistically one religions has more accidents

Does that mean that ALL members of one sex, one race and one religion lack the ability to drive safely?

Yes young drivers have more accidents, but not all young drivers are irresponsible. A graded licensing system may be the solution where by in order to own a more powerful car you must pursue more stringent license testing.

All I'm getting at is they should not put a blanket ban on all under 25's owning performance cars, they should give individuals the chance to prove their responsibility.

I'm not some kid who just got their P's, and as for the corolla... some middle aged person went through a stop sign and parked their car in the side of mine, so I took your suggestion and saved up my money for a more "awesome" car.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 November 2004 11:32]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard about this accident and then saw the pictures and was sickened even horrified.

Its a sad tradjedy that 4 people lost their lives in such a way.

But I think the fact of the matter is that restrictions could not have stopped this accident. I dont think any law they can make could have stopped this accident.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86twinky wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 22:30

I understand how the statistics are obtained...
Statistically one sex has more accidents
Statistically one race has more accidents
Statistically one religions has more accidents

That would exist for sure, but there would still be a correlation between each of the above categories and age.

For example, if more males had accidents than females, correlate that with age and more 'young' males would be the most prominent result.

And im sure that would go for every one of the above examples as age is a broad defining factor that every person can be measured by rather than forming the above sub groups.

But i see the point.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wasn't trying to be an argumentative for the sake of it or anything. And these restrictions wouldn't effect me in a couple of years time. I just feel it's better to treat people as an individual rather than cluster them up into groups to judge them. A lot of young drivers really need to pull their heads out of their asses, hopefully seeing the results of this accident will be a wake up call for some.
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am 18 and i have had 1 accident and that has stopped me from doing crazy shit.. now i drive 40ks everywhere and all my mates get pissed off... but better them getting pissed off then being dead
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw this in the paper. sad story. sure to bring around discussion of curfues etc.
paper said 15yr old was preggie to 33-34 yr old boyfriend.

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

in vic its like P's can't drive a car with 130kw+/- or something (some one confirm/correct this) Confused

Yep, it's true. It's actually kw but i'm quite sure it's something to do with power/weight ratios.

I was told i could own and drive a GTS-t but not a GT-R until i was on my full plates.

And i agree with power restrictions and all that. Being a P plater not too long ago has taught me sometimes it's hard to really admit you're just a plain dickhead sometimes in front of friends. Hell, i used to push my R33 back in the days and get a rush from it... now that i'm older i think back and realised what an absolutely moron i've been.

With age comes experience and realisation. My condolences does go out to EVL34's family and to the victims family.

I read the entire thread and i couldn't believe it; quite possibly because i was reading the EVLR34's article in SPEED not too long ago. I would have to say it's more common sense than anything else.

1. When my car first stepped out accidentally i noted next time how much gas takes before it does skid out in order to avoid break outs when i was green.

2. I would never race in a area i did not know (especially in a suburban area, my friend nearly hit a small child who ran across the road and his parents were right there!!! IT WAS AT NIGHT AND THE FAMILY WAS WALKING ACROSS A ROAD, IT CAN HAPPEN and thankfully because he was going slow he stopped about 15 cm away from the child and to this day it haunts me when i think about what could've happend as he is a known rev head).

3. When i tried to 'drift' or handbrake rather back in the day, i would drop off passengers.

4. I just wouldn't drive or be a passenger in a 700hp car (driver might be a little... koo koo)

But it would seem in todays younger social mentality norm it's "cool" to not use you head. *sigh and shakes head*

R.I.P

-Jay
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel sorry for the passengers and their families.

whenever ive got other people in the car i try to drive sensibly.

i think that if i drive hard it should be when im the only one in the car. that way im only responsible for my own life.

if i fuck up, i (hopefully) will only hurt myself and no one else.

however, you have to take into consideration other road users. lucky there was no one else in the area (pedestrians or other cars) that could have been hurt too.

ive had a couple of incidents in the past to make me realise this.

i dont know if driver training will do the trick. if you are an idiot and speed excessively no amount of training will make you "safe" or capable of getting your self out of a sticky situation.

my 2 cents
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RIP
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is terrible, people have to stop P platers driving fast cars
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 03:47

i dont know if driver training will do the trick. if you are an idiot and speed excessively no amount of training will make you "safe" or capable of getting your self out of a sticky situation.

my 2 cents

TRUE.

I think that the only effective way of limiting situations like these is to 'let em out in the wild' so to speak. Changing their attitude and accepting responsibility is the main thing.

1. Advanced driver training on L's licence, professional driver's who not only teach them how to drive, but teach them how NOT to drive. Actually have each driver go through intense driving and simulation of a crash ie. sit in a dummy car driven by a pro and crash it into objects.

2. Have a video session each time they come back to the RTA for licence update on actual fatalities and crash investigations - RECENT AND LOCAL to the area so they know it can happen anywhere.

3. Power restrictions. As mentioned above, have a graded system and stratify the social/racial/sex/age groups, of what they can and can not drive.
NO V8's, turbos for any Plate driver, UNTIL they get full licence.

4. Have the minimum age of drivers set at 20 y.o. (not too sure about this but no doubt it'll bring the maturity level up a tad)

Setting all these requirements would be compulsary and if you break the law, you'd have to start from square one, simple as that.

If they want to crack down on these accidents, these are just some ways in which they can prevent the number of fatalities. Of course, there will be dickheads who end up in crashes etc, but it will indeed bring the statistics down from 35% of all teenagers deaths being involved in car accidents.

ps. i just read a report from the first witness on the scene. Chilling stuff
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't someone who actually knew the driver say he was 20 something.... why is everyone talking about P plate restrictions then he wouldn't have been a P plater or have you guys interstate got screwed ruling or something.......interesting thought you have more restrictions on licensing on the east coast yet a higher road toll.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Wed, 24 November 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he was a P plater, but sources i have spoken to say that does not matter, i'm not quite sure what that means though.
Maybe he just got his full licence or he hadn't been bothered to go for his full's?

I've also read the driver had in fact attended advanced driving courses etc, but this still does not tame driver attitude.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img103.exs.cx/img103/9531/R34.jpg
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o...m...g

I'm absolutely mortified at the pics.
It must really kill the dad looking at it and imagining his boy was behind the wheel. I'll say no more...

-Jay
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 09:37

ps. i just read a report from the first witness on the scene. Chilling stuff

Hit us up.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 03:24

Quote:

Yep, it's true. It's actually kw but i'm quite sure it's something to do with power/weight ratios.

I was told i could own and drive a GTS-t but not a GT-R until i was on my full plates.

And i agree with power restrictions and all that. Being a P plater not too long ago has taught me sometimes it's hard to really admit you're just a plain dickhead sometimes in front of friends. Hell, i used to push my R33 back in the days and get a rush from it... now that i'm older i think back and realised what an absolutely moron i've been.

With age comes experience and realisation. My condolences does go out to EVL34's family and to the victims family.

I read the entire thread and i couldn't believe it; quite possibly because i was reading the EVLR34's article in SPEED not too long ago. I would have to say it's more common sense than anything else.

1. When my car first stepped out accidentally i noted next time how much gas takes before it does skid out in order to avoid break outs when i was green.

2. I would never race in a area i did not know (especially in a suburban area, my friend nearly hit a small child who ran across the road and his parents were right there!!! IT WAS AT NIGHT AND THE FAMILY WAS WALKING ACROSS A ROAD, IT CAN HAPPEN and thankfully because he was going slow he stopped about 15 cm away from the child and to this day it haunts me when i think about what could've happend as he is a known rev head).

3. When i tried to 'drift' or handbrake rather back in the day, i would drop off passengers.

4. I just wouldn't drive or be a passenger in a 700hp car (driver might be a little... koo koo)

But it would seem in todays younger social mentality norm it's "cool" to not use you head. *sigh and shakes head*

R.I.P

-Jay

even with restrictions that didnt stop his dad from buy that hotted r34, go on a holiday and leave the keys at home with the son.... at this rate this kind of shit will never stop unless we run out of fuel and use electric or airpiston engine @ 50hp!

track racing should be more cheap so ppl would be racing or what ever off the roads and in a safe enviroment.... as some one said before it might open some eyes to realise that they cant drive for shit at 150km/h and hit a sandbank insted of a poll Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 02:58]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true.

it kind of makes me think if they really wanted to stop all this, they'd limit import cars to track use only with exceptions of some people and more ruthlessly, ban all aftermarket performance products for cars etc.

Of course this would not be happening for business/industry sake, but it kind of makes you think what it will come down to ultimately in the future to really stop the modified car scene.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once again we constantly seem to think along the lines of...well power restrictions wouldnt have stopped him from taking his dads car for a rapp so power restrictions arent guna work...BS! we have to look at the bigger picture,the less likely young inexperienced drivers are behind the wheel of high powered cars the less crashes there will be! to be honest i dont se where there is a need for a 700HP anything on the roads.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 22:41

I heard about this accident and then saw the pictures and was sickened even horrified.

Its a sad tradjedy that 4 people lost their lives in such a way.

Looking at the papers today and all i could do is shake my head.
Agree that it was four people not three that lost their lives.

I remember an accident where a car went into a tree sideways in the wet at 60-70 kph and the guy died.So it doesn't matter what speed the car was doing above 60 as it could have ended in the same result.
NOT being allowed to legally drive this car may have stopped him going for drive but who knows.
Bring on the power restrictions and if you want to drive fast,join a car club and go racing.

EDIT like blacsupra i'm not saying p plater's can't own such car just not drive them till a certian age where most people will be mature enough to not do silly things like 150 in a 50 zone.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 05:48]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the maybe limiting young drivers to lesser powered cars, but wouldnt it all just be the same as to when they get thier fulls and then go out and buy a high powered car?

That doesnt make much sense how can i explain it...

Say you get your p's and you drive around in a shitty 1.6 carbied.. laser for example... then you get your fulls and you jump into say.. a highly modified gtr as your second car.. wouldnt it be like learning to drive again? i know some skills, reflexes etc would transfer over but the fact is, its a totally different car...

the sad thing is, the fathers version of the story was on the news tonight, it was really really sad.. he was talking about his son, he was overseas and didnt even know his son had taken the car, i mean, its a nice car but im sure the value of his sons life is worth so much more than his gtr .... he was saying he knows his car, and he went and sussed out the road and that the car would not have been going more than 120, and it wouldnt have been out of 2nd gear, but he was saying that still, even that speed it just too much, and i think that the consequenses, i.e the car being actually ripped in half, really proves it... no wonder he was banned from driving his fathers car...

yeah the 33 yr old, his 15 yr old gf was in the car and yes she was pregnant ( sorry to make this off topic or sound bad or disrespectful, but a 33 yr old, and a not legeal 15 yr old, pregnant, doesnt that make him a peodiphile?)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:02

I agree with the maybe limiting young drivers to lesser powered cars, but wouldnt it all just be the same as to when they get thier fulls and then go out and buy a high powered car?

That doesnt make much sense how can i explain it...

Say you get your p's and you drive around in a shitty 1.6 carbied.. laser for example... then you get your fulls and you jump into say.. a highly modified gtr as your second car.. wouldnt it be like learning to drive again? i know some skills, reflexes etc would transfer over but the fact is, its a totally different car...

But you gain road experience in decision making and understanding traffic flow, the road rules and all the basics of driving. This should be something best experienced in basic car to get a feel for the road.

Sure its a big step up to a new modified car HOWEVER, you atleast have 2-3 years of experience and understanding of how the traffic operates and how to handle a car.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:15

For a car to tear into 2 pieces its safe to say they were well and truly speeding.

In my opinion P platers should:

Nice and simple like victoria in this respect.

and 700hp is just plain silly for a p plater.

Im on my Ls,i havnt had the chance to drive a v8, you honestly think im going to wait till i get of my Ps. Im not just talking for me but all L platers we want to feel the power just as much as you all got to but to a certain extent. This is so hipacritacal i know you have all been threw it but i think we have our own right to choose to do the right or wrong thing. Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 10:33]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:32

Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

Except the law if they change it to reflect the restrictions.

It would be as simple as if you are caught driving a v8 or a forced induction car on your p plates, you lose your license.

Simple effective and a deterent for people to be behind the wheel of these cars.

Why must you drive a V8? my parents said no modified cars till i was off my p's and it was the best thing for me in regards to learning how to drive.

Everyone thinks they are a hero in their fully sik first car on their p's. Lets just not have hero's in potentially high powered cars to start with.

nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Im on my Ls,..... Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

... except maybe a telegraph pole
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:48

Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

Everyone thinks they are a hero in their fully sik first car on their p's. Lets just not have hero's in potentially high powered cars to start with.

If everyone thinks there heros does this mean you think you are a hero, MR hero

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicked wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:54

Im on my Ls,..... Fact of the matter is as soon as we get on our Ps we have freedom and nuthing is going to take that away from us.

... except maybe a telegraph pole

If your a safe driver i highly think a pole insnt going to " jump into your way "
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 10:44][quote title=Hirogen wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 10:05]

Fraid I tend to agree with Chris. I mean i feel bad about the whole thing, but you cant JUST feel sorry for the them when its their own fault. 150 in a 50 zone? now I'm sorry, but even the lowest form of common sense has to kick in there.[/quote]

Well what I'm saying is, you can't be 100% sure it was there own fault, even if the media tells you they were going 150km/h etc. If one of them came out alive and said they WERE doing in excess of that speed i'd be saying they were dumb pricks, but you just don't know.

I don't JUST feel sorry for them - but i feel sorry for their families/friends etc.

and they wouldn't want to hear this kind of 'your son was stupid, no common sense'

[/quote

I too agree with Chris. however how fast do you think they were going to tear that f**ker in half? They were going fast just how fast is up for debate), either of the other two could have given him a smack in the head at any time and said slow down but if he's stupid enough to do XXXKph in a 50 zone then it'd take one hell of a smack to make him pay attention. The skid marks are apparently quite a distance from the "launch point" exiting the dip. I'm sure some physics guru here could calculate the speed required to launch 1500kg X meters through the air.

Sorry to the dad, lost car poss no insurance will cover. BUT son was told not to drive, has a history of being a knob jockey when it comes to driving so for me it's just a question of where's the darwin award nomination form?

Harsh? Yes True? Mostly Fair? Absolutely

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:59

BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 21:48

If everyone thinks there heros does this mean you think you are a hero, MR hero

Well no, because:

a) its not my first car
b) im not on my p's

I've been driving for close on 5 and a half years and that isn't alot of experience. My job also involves driving around ALL DAY.

By no stretch of the imagaination am i the best driver on the road, but i can assure you i will be better than 100% of the p platers out there, its called experience, and without it, i think you should reserve your opinions for the playground at lunch time.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
power restrictions are the best solution they've come up with for P platers. I've been on my green P's since July, and seriously dont see the need of P platers in highly modified cars. I used to have a ae82 gze (not very powerful) but it should probably be the limit in terms of power for a P plater to drive on the roads.

The curfew wont do anything to 80% of P platers who just dont care, and take off their P plates and risk it. Possibly restricting the number of passenger to 1 from 10pm - 6am or so would help too Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.J.H wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:41

BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 20:15

In my opinion P platers should:

Completely agree.
Also they should try driving on a racetrack somewhere,most will soon find they can't drive as well as they think.IMHO

Agreed. I'm a P plater. It's moronic acts like these that fuck it up for everyone else. Sadly these lives are lost. And for what? To show off that the GT-R goes hard. Who doesn't know that? I could understand someone speeding when there are lots of cars around to show off their GT-R but in a quiet street...
Now the curfew will come in. I'm an adult. I'm about to start working soon and my job finishes at midnight.
What now?
Because of the stupid actions of some I'll have to catch a train home. We all know how great the trains are.
I'm sorry but it really annoys me how just a small minority can ruin it for anyone.
NOTHING was gained by doing three times the legal limit.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my heart goes out to all of the families of the loved ones involved in this terrible accident, Rest In Peace victims and EVLR34...

i feel so so sorry for the father of the driver knowing that his son killed himself,3 others,hit the news and the media hard as in his own high performance skyline that he wasnt supposed to drive, while he was over seas...
its just tragic,and wtf is the son doing with a key to a 700hp monster???

take care everyone, and learn from this...
cheers
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR Thu, 25 November 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lite wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 15:38

some people on the SAU forums say that alcohol may be involved and the female passenger was 7 months pregnant.

anybody can confirm if alcohol was involved?? If so, stop taking out on p platers and being a dickhead and all!! it COULD be ALCOHOL!!

i just feel P platers are treated so unfairly. Im not a P plater btw, so this is coming frm a neutral point of view.

Anybody know exactly where this happened? what the roads were like? Ive seen freeway under construction with everybody sticking to 40km/h!! its just ridiculous when normal speed is 100km/h.

my point is, it COULD be a wide straight road with 50km limit for some absurd reason. U guys should stop making unfound conclusion!!

disregard my signature!!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's also a saying "never believe what u see on tv"
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im so sick of P plater discrimination.

as for power restrictions, u would get ur 1st powerful turbo/v8 when u get ur full license. Whatever license u have, honestly what would one of the 1st things u do with a powerful car??

Test the torque of a car ur not familiar with!! Its dangerous!! regardless ur a P plater or not!!

this argument will never end. thats all i have to say regarding stereotypes on young drivers.

i dont even have an australian license and im 23 in a few months. whatever the outcome is does not affect me. Good luck young OZ drivers!!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 00:56

NOTHING was gained by doing three times the legal limit.

Actually now we don't have to worry about him being on the roads while we are anymore.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another one died last night this time not a p-plater but a thirty year old in a WRX same sought of thing, excessive speed hit tree this time I think and ripped the car in half. Police are appealing to ppl to slow the fuck down so they actually make it to christmas.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really cant understand why everybody is saying stop this discrimination against P platers, why wouldnt there be descrimination when they are the highest age and licence group to kill or be killed or seriously injured in an accident..listen to half the fukked up stories in the war stories and track talk section as an example...Do you think every accident makes the news,this is happening across the country everyday..Unfortunately it is part of natural evolution to be stupid when you are young,as good a driver you may think you are the majority of young drivers dont know shit...we have to stop looking at it that hey im a safe driver and hey I just had a middle aged person cut me off so why the fukk am i getting descriminated against when i can drive better than them;...wake the fuck up! there are 20 million people in this country and on average P platers and young drivers are the more likely to fuck up big time...it will never be looked at by a case by case basis people will always be classed,there is not enough time in the day to manage 20 million individual cases and base systems and insurance around each person,if it worked that way we would pay a shit load more...we have to make an example..drive safely..be courteous,and one day in years to come hopefull we will come out of it all unscathed and look back at how much differently we perceived road safety...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 04:17

lite wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 15:38

some people on the SAU forums say that alcohol may be involved and the female passenger was 7 months pregnant.

anybody can confirm if alcohol was involved?? If so, stop taking out on p platers and being a dickhead and all!! it COULD be ALCOHOL!!

It wasnt alcohol. The guy was at home and told his family he was going "for a drive". Mistake from his mum? Maybe, but she wouldnt have noticed the difference from the sound of his R33 compared to the R34 leaving the garage. He headed out to the local BP and filled up a full tank on his credit card, buying a powerade and some smokes. The attendant says he was not drunk and in happy spirits. This is when the couple pulled up to meet him and it is alleged he followed them to the 33yo mans house where they left their car and hopped into the R34.

i just feel P platers are treated so unfairly. Im not a P plater btw, so this is coming frm a neutral point of view.

Unfairly? Yes, but there is every reason to. Look at the stats, insurance premiums, and even what P platers themselves say. This is enough to introduce tough laws regardless if NOT ALL P platers are moronic drivers behind the wheel. They are trying to protect them and other drivers, not hassle them because of their age.

Anybody know exactly where this happened? what the roads were like? Ive seen freeway under construction with everybody sticking to 40km/h!! its just ridiculous when normal speed is 100km/h.

my point is, it COULD be a wide straight road with 50km limit for some absurd reason. U guys should stop making unfound conclusion!!

disregard my signature!!

The road was a long wide straight road notorious for cars doing ridiculous speeds. This is why a proposed 50 speed limit was there not to mention suburban houses all round. Look at the crash scene, that single pole possibly saved the occupants of that house from death.

clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 22:10

either of the other two could have given him a smack in the head at any time and said slow down but if he's stupid enough to do XXXKph in a 50 zone then it'd take one hell of a smack to make him pay attention.

But no, what did the other two do? they allegedly made him go faster. If anyone is the dickhead, the 33 y.o given his age and status with the pregnant woman would have told him to slow down, instead he was into fast cars as well. My point is, yes, this driver had the essence of P plater attitude, but in this situation, you cannot solely blame him for his actions, even though his foot was heavy, there was a lot of things preventable that could have been done because one needs to just expect that a P plater WILL crash with a high powered car, any car for that matter when they are peer pressured or running on adrenalin.

there's also a saying "never believe what u see on tv"

Ive heard first hand information and witness reports, there is enough evidence to suggest he was definitely doing the wrong thing, but this does not make him any different from P plater stereotypes. He sped, he payed the ultimate price.

All you fairies who say "one less moron on the road"; well, who are you fooling when you yourselves would have done similar acts of stupidity? (and dont tell me you havent)
Id rather defend this driver for his actions because he is just a P plater who captures everything a stereotyped P plater holds, so we just have to expect that and ask ourselves WHY this is happening. Calling him a moron is not only disrespect, but also hypocritical.

riceburna73 wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 09:52

I really cant understand why everybody is saying stop this discrimination against P platers, why wouldnt there be descrimination when they are the highest age and licence group to kill or be killed or seriously injured in an accident..listen to half the fukked up stories in the war stories and track talk section as an example...Do you think every accident makes the news,this is happening across the country everyday..Unfortunately it is part of natural evolution to be stupid when you are young,as good a driver you may think you are the majority of young drivers dont know shit...we have to stop looking at it that hey im a safe driver and hey I just had a middle aged person cut me off so why the fukk am i getting descriminated against when i can drive better than them;...wake the fuck up! there are 20 million people in this country and on average P platers and young drivers are the more likely to fuck up big time...it will never be looked at by a case by case basis people will always be classed,there is not enough time in the day to manage 20 million individual cases and base systems and insurance around each person,if it worked that way we would pay a shit load more...we have to make an example..drive safely..be courteous,and one day in years to come hopefull we will come out of it all unscathed and look back at how much differently we perceived road safety...

100% agree.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 23:54]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Thu, 25 November 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its funny becuase you can all talk now but i bet when you where on your P plates you where complaining just like P Platers are now but since you are finshed its okk now to pick on them.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 09:47

It's like going off to fight darth vader without training with yoda in the forest for any period of time.

Here you go luke.. take the lightsaber, Darths over there.

totally off topic, but thats the BEST analogy ive EVER seen
hehehe awesome

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not pikn on you at all mate,eg of me on my P's,I was a really good driver raced go carts and had a couple of stints in club racing,but i still hooned with mates in the car,had the record for getting from penrith to the city in 24 mins in heavy traffic, ended up drink driving and loosing my licence,drove under all types of drug induced states and the list goes on..unfortunitely that is pretty conservative by some comparisons on what other p platers and young drivers get up to...what i am trying to say is I was stupid, took unnecessary risks but as i am a bit older now i wouldnt dream of doing the same things...and this is what young drivers need to understand that in their perticular sociagraphic group they are more likely to take stupid risks thus resulting in more accidents..its really a brain chemical thing,you wont realise untill you look back on it all in a couple of years and go fukk I was really sure about my stance on P'platers being Ok drivers and myself for that instance but youll look back and go fuck i did some stupid things and was lucky, then look at how you drive at the current time and go fukk i dont do any shit like that anymore nor do I have the urge,and then you will realise what people like me and the rest of the general population are on about..it all takes time and a level of maturity that 99% of the time only comes with age!

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 00:25]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 10:53

Its funny becuase you can all talk now but i bet when you where on your P plates you where complaining just like P Platers are now but since you are finshed its okk now to pick on them.

Thats a very fair statement. But you have to know why we are 'picking' on you's/them now because we have gone through that stage (thankfully we are still here) and we KNOW what to expect.

Experience is all the difference. I can say to you now that compared to being on my P's, i'm a totally different driver, you won't know that because you are still in the beginning stages of driving, but when you get down the track, 5 yrs on, i can gaurantee that you will look at your driving behaviour and say you were not experienced enough.

If i was made to stick P plates on my car now, and rewind my driving ability, i would definately want some laws written - to save my own life
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of looking back @ p platers and being stoopid.. heres a story

years ago, i was at a party, sober, being 17 at the time and just finished work, rocked up @ 11pm to say hi, everyone else was drunk as all hell (being 17 at the time...) and a girl who got her P's that day, (the only person with a liscense at the party coz no parents...(theres the raeson for 30 drunk 17 yr olds))

she had her dads v8 commo wagon, nothing fancy just a wagon v8... and was talking herself up abouty how great she was... blahblahblah

anyhow 2am rolls around..
shes drunk as hell and grabs the keys and 3 other drunk people are says, "were going home....seeyas"

"uhhh what?" was my general reaction

"yeah im driving these guys home, hope we dont get rbt'd ahahah"

"fuck.. your hella pissed, no way your not going anywhere" *grabs keys*

girl starts getting HELL pissed at me *my dad doesnt know i have the car blahblahblah*

a passenger, 1 big fuckign 6ft massive wall of a league player says "fuck you cunt gimme the keys"

uhhhh, im not a big guy... to say the least, so i declined his offer and said ID drive them home (i only had my L's... but granted id had them for a about 6 months and done a lot of hours with my mum in her excel and i was only person sober..."

now this is where i was tossing up my 2 options

a. getting bashed and them driving home anyway and crashing in a blazing drunken inferno... which at the time suited the big fucking moron tard but not the girl and ehr 2 cute friends... the world needs cute girls you know...

b. driven them home and walk the rest (the girl lives 2 suburbs from me, it was a walk from the train otherwise anyhow..) and possibly get picked up by the cops, but at least the car and them would be OK...

so off we go, auto, commo, v8... and the it start raining
so im taking it easy... real easy... ach.. so much torque...
this wanker starts shaing the chair from ebhind.. faster faster... yeah right wanker , siddownanshuddupyacarnnt

so approach lights
right hander 60° corner
rain
wet

take it at a slow speed
*PHEW* io made it
apply pedal

WOAHHHH sidewAYYYYSSSS.. countersteer.and get off throttle,, arrgh worse!! back on throttle sloowly .. okok its coming back.. phew ok we are ok now..

at this point the girls are screaming and the guy has passed out ahaha loser... we stop, she goes nuts and wants to drive i park the car and take the keys and start walking off, she begs me to drive them home (were 40 mins from home...) so i take it REAL slow from there... BUT we ended up getting the car back ok

i also called her dad the next day and told him of the incident and his stupid daughter... and my l's, needless to say, the following week she had a beaten up charade and nothing to say about her stupidity

moral to this long ass story? p platers are generally pretty fucking stupid and cocky at the best of times. and drivers with little training are not to be put in v8 commodores...

so i agree with the power limiting within reason for provisonal drivers.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahah Garth you wise sod! Laughing hero!

EDIT: I think it is safe to say that NOT ALL P platers are wankers/reckless drivers, but it is enough to propose tough laws against such acts performed by the few individuals.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 01:21]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yet again:

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectio nid=1258&storyid=2288498
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 07:53

Dude, don't come here and just do the usual P-plater bitch without fully understanding what everyone is saying here. Go back and READ what they are saying, not just think you understood it.

Obviously it can't be all P-platers and inexperienced drivers, but clearly a large amount of the problem lies there, a young male in particular has a hard time getting insurance for a reason, the insurance companies don't pull figures from their arses.

You may not be one of these P-platers that have contributed to this statistic, but clearly you are one of those who will always bitch about how unfairly they are being treated without thinking about why.

/end rant
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im off my P's now but when i was on my P's i had a CB lancer with and exhaust Razz

yeah, pretty gutless but i thrashed it.

i was always thinking: "im gonna save my money up and get an turbo S13 asap".

now that im off my P's ive had the chance to drive my dads modified SS commodore. this thing pulls HARD. i went out driving with my old man in it a little while ago and he said "go! give it some stick! its not supposed to be driven like a nanna!" (nice role model huh Confused )

anyway, when i did, i didnt get past 3rd gear and i was like "nope, ive had enough of this, this car scares the shit out of me, im taking it home".

so he said: "pull over, ill give it a go"

i was complaining loudly Razz shit...i thought i was gonna die that day. i wont mention the speeds we were going but you can imagine.

plus, my bro took me out in his 311 bhp S13 silvia. we were heading up into the hills to my sisters place.

that freaked me out too Embarassed

I have now established:
1. i HATE being a passenger
2. ive decided not to get an S13 for now. im gonna stick with the ae86 Very Happy
3. i'd take good handling and quick corners over top speeds anyday.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and again:

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11 505006%5E1702,00.html

i was there 2 hours earlier Confused
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two wrx's crash in the past 48 hours, i'm over defending young drivers Embarassed
If the accident involving EVLR34 didn't come as a wake up call to all young drivers then fuck em. There's gona be more cops on the road and more heat for all owners of performance cars regardless of age.
I now agree that someone who's just got a license lacks the maturity to drive a fast car and make smart decisions.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was doing the speed limit officer, is there a problem?

oh its a random breath test! i see..

yes officer i am the owner of this vehicle

no officer i havent been drinking tonight

yes officer it is engineered, here is a copy of the engineers report and rego certificate.

no officer i dont engage in illegal activities in my car

no officer the ride height is legal, it says so in the engineers report your holding.

no officer im not being smart, im answering your questions politely.

yes officer the wheels are legal size and width for the vehicle

a typical night coming home from work...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha just print that out Garth.

I guess they're only doing their job, but it is the small minority that abuse their power - abit of a double standard really!!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The worst thing about it all is that one person can completely ruin it for every one...

Im sure there are SOME P platers out there that drive reasonably fast cars responsibly.

The only P plater rule I totally agree with is no more than 1 passenger after say 10pm... Almost every multiple fatality has occured late at night... If there was only 1 person in the car... There wouldnt be such a loss... If you wanna go out and take your car to the limits when there is less people out (i.e. midnight) go for your life... but don't take your mates...

I dont want to come across as a dickhead... but thats how I feel... I have a mate that drives his dads GTO monaro regularly... He does a fishy now and then but he rarely breaks the speed limit...

The only worthwile solution is TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING! Training in different cars at high speeds in dangerous conditions... in a controlled environment...
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 15:49

oh its a random breath test! i see..

ahaha and they just "randomly" followed you for the past 3k's to pull you over for this completely "random" test.

gotta love that one

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 05:11]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: smacked up R34 GTR R.I.P. 'EVLR34' Fri, 26 November 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
They should make a video full of horrific accidents and make you watch it... to scare the living fuck out of you...

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:computer gurus look in
Next Topic:STARGATE FANS?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 00:37:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.17724394798279 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.