Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What is your next mod for a Celica ST162

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 04:25 Go to next message
Hi champz, just out of interest for those 162 lovers. I wanna spend a bit of money upgrading my car, and was thinking what you guys think i should do. heres the current setup

3SGE 2nd GEN
1st Gen Manifold
Extractors
Pod
Cold Air Intake (Heat shield too)
2.25" Cannon exhaust
17"s

any ideas welcomed Smile

and btw, i'm not going to go turbo for a few years Sad the insurance prooves too much Sad

For a N/A car Smile Its fun and just wanna know what should go next. Thanks all

~CK
  Send a private message to this user    
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about the only other 'basic' mod left is timing.
other than that, the $$$$$$ need to flow a lot more willingly.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camshafts and adj. cam gear, not basic but worth it for 'fun'
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hijack, but what is the go with adj cam gears?? in what way can they be adjusted?? to what end??
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id be getting a decent suspension package under it - and stickier treads..
Then buy a helmet , a fire extinguisher , bonnet strap + a cams licence ans go have fun in it at a track!

If your feeling insane - a MR2 / celica st20X beams LSD like rob's
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 25 November 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy why thank you Stuart Very Happy Wink

I would see if I can get a second gen intake manifold to fit Smile
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I would see if I can get a second gen intake manifold to fit

i'd love to do that, but is it like... really hard to do? whats the diff between gen1's intake manifold and gen2's?

oh... also, is my car a complete "3SGE 2nd gen with everything that comes with it" after i do the gen2 intake ?

Thanks heaps guys
Chopin
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy a GT4 Smile

Quote:

is my car a complete "3SGE 2nd gen with everything that comes with it" after i do the gen2 intake ?
Maybe, maybe not!

I say grab decent suspension and upgrade those brakes - on the track you might struggle a bit with the standard ones, although new pads and discs would help.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You really are limited, with an NA car, to intake, exhaust, cams (adj cam gears) and timing. And generally as you chase the last few horsepower that those mods give you, and face it, its not all that much you will gain anyway (5-9kw), you tend to move the powerband further up the rev range, making it a cow to drive at low speeds around town as all your torque is 1500+ rpm higher up the rev range.
Given what you have I would be more tempted to look at a NOS system than cams and cams gears (for similar money or cheaper), and yes, better suspension, good tyres and a brake upgrade will make it a better all round package to drive.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 01:18]

loki boyracer
Regular

October 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try this stuff:
256 / 7.9mm IN/EX or 304 / 8.5mm IN/EX cams
VERNIER CAM GEARS
TRD valve springs
Port Polished head
0.6/0.8mm metal head gasket
Bigger fuel pump and injectors
Rising rate adj. fuel reg
Quad throttles
Aftermarket ECU
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loki boyracer wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 13:30

Try this stuff:
VERNIER CAM GEARS
TRD valve springs
Port Polished head
Quad throttles
Aftermarket ECU

why a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys are tops!! just given a few good ideas for XMAS! Smile

Might go with the forgies soon though...
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loki boyracer wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 13:30

Try this stuff:
VERNIER CAM GEARS
TRD valve springs
Port Polished head
Quad throttles
Aftermarket ECU

No worries !
All the above stuff here is great - but by the time you spend all this money - you could have a 3S-GTE in there and be that much faster again. You just have to be older before the insurance rates lighthen up on you !
Cheers,
Mitch.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 06:50]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 14:23

Might go with the forgies soon though...

Why?
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering the same thing...
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm amazed no one has mentioned ECU, that's a big part of making power out of an NA engine, kills the legality of the car though. But then, so does just about everything else mentioned Smile
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 26 November 2004 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would keep it as it is, save the money, and in a couple of years get yourself a GT4. As Mitch has stated, to find that extra last few kw, you will end up spending BIG $$$$$$$. But if you really wanted to get yourself a xmas present, I would suggest suspension and brakes.
hydragundam01
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you any of you guys know were to get any body kits for a Celica st162 by any chance.

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the s series inlet manifolds bolt up.. i got a 3sge intake manifold on my 3sgte...

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/cooler-engine.jpg
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
body kits : www.ssv.com.au pricey as .. but if u wanna kit thats where u get it
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hydra - just put a sweet set of rims on it mate - youll be surprised how that change alone makes the st162 look heaps nicer

if yyour in colac sometine too gimme a yell

Berad - thats a handy tip - pity the 3sge has a smaller throttle body ( i beleve ) otherwise it would be ideal for FM installs like youve done ( im battling with the 3sgte one atm )
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swap them over my friend Razz....
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even though i just haev the 3sge throttle body... im puttin out more power than the average 3sgte.... so cant be hurtin it if it is a bit smaller it more than makes up for it in avoiding the heatsoak
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh - ill get a custom one made up with a larger TB before i swap for a little more convenience Smile
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Thu, 16 December 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very true...i was just doin the conversion so it was no hassle for me but good luck
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What is your next mod for a Celica ST162 Fri, 17 December 2004 03:10 Go to previous message
whoopz.. lol i was reading back... i didnt make sense lol... nah i mean i wanted to get the breaks upgraded as my first modifications.. *lol forgies* Rolling Eyes i must be day dreaming back then Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4afc cold start question...
Next Topic:Thermatic fan choice?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 01:56:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070979595184326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.