Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » gettin sports exhaust question..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
xplodeau
Occasional Poster

November 2004
gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 06:14 Go to next message
hey guys im getin a sports exhaust on my 1989 ae92 on monday, just a question. The guys said to me $250 cat back, and he said that the cat mite need to be changed to a hi flow cat, if its old, the car has done 230km, wat u think, cause i dont wanna go spend 190 extra for the cat.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the original cat should be fine. if it doesn't rattle and it still works then leave it on.my car had its original cat on,up to 280ks.
its up to you... Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi flow is not worth it if you cant afford it

Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AG? 4AF? what engine?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to improve your car's performance, get a decent cat. If you just want to make fart-can noises, don't worry about it.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sat, 27 November 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Begs the question what sport? If it's only something slow like lawn bowls then the old cat should be fine but if you were thinking of entering you exhaust in a trithlon then the hi flow cat could be worth a podium finish.

Only being silly 'cause I can't find a definition of sports relating to exhausts.

Or am I not alone in thinking it's a silly term?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sun, 28 November 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to me a sports zorst is something bigger and improves performance.
maybe i've played too many video games tho ?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sun, 28 November 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive heard 'sports exhuast' going around way too much
when my sister got a sports exhuast they winded up replacing the muffler with a smaller one and charging $250!!!
xplodeau
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sun, 28 November 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea its a 4a-fc so i how do i know if the cat needs changing, wat if the guy tries to get me into it, yea its a bit of a rip, they want $360 total for a cannon, i said f*#@ it im not payin that much just for the look of a cannon. they want 380 for extractors aswell, but im not sure wat they do so im not gonna bother.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Sun, 28 November 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, dude dont waste ur money on an exhaust for a 4afc.. it wont do shit all perfomance wise. not enough anyway to justify the amount u'd end up spending.
if u just want a nice sound then chuck a free flowing muffler on the back. no way i'd spend $380 on a cannon. to fit a rear muffler shouldn't cost more than $70-80.

hope this helps Smile
xplodeau
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: gettin sports exhaust question.. Mon, 29 November 2004 00:01 Go to previous message
ok i got it done,

the fuckin cat needed changing, i even looked at it, it was trashed. the guy i bought this car off 4months ago didnt regularly service it, but i have been lately. he didnt put a hi flow cat in it cost 190, and 265 with labour and bs. so total was 455.

ok the good bit is i have a mad zorst sound now and i feel better pwerformace. its all good.

thanks for ur opinions anyways guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help 1JZ ECU Differences
Next Topic:Clutch/Gearbox Problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 22:50:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052299499511719 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.