Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 10:16 Go to next message
Hey guys I am going to go nuts over the next couple of months and really try and make the silycar stand out,she is getting forgies computer etc over the next couple of months,but seeing an RB25 with a supercharger and turbo has got me thinking..What do you guys rekkon about the idea? or should I just stick to doing the usual and up the turbo and boost...What are the benefits and will i forever be getting the thing tuned?

Thanks
Nath
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hks used to make kits for the 4agze which netted great results. The only problem is they are difficult to set up.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The results weren't that great actually; most people who had these kits got rid of the supercharger and just put on a good modern turbo. Most people who dabble with twincharging abandon the idea - it's just too much hassle for the result. A well-matched and well-tuned turbo can work just as well for less expense and much less hassle!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

A well-matched and well-tuned turbo can work just as well for less expense and much less hassle!

I'll second that! Very Happy
FOS53L
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way riceburna i wouldnt go forging the 3t until u blow it coz from what i know those things come stock with forged rods and pistons.. its not worth the money ull spend forging it up unless u reali need 2 so id leave em be

jaydee
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock 3T pistons are cast, not forged, and the reliable power limit is generally considered about 250hp; any more than that and an upgrade to forgies is advisable.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 05 December 2004 22:23

The results weren't that great actually; most people who had these kits got rid of the supercharger and just put on a good modern turbo. Most people who dabble with twincharging abandon the idea - it's just too much hassle for the result. A well-matched and well-tuned turbo can work just as well for less expense and much less hassle!

They are a hassle to set up and run properly but the results were good ill point you to http://shell.deru.com/~sgn1/AW11/Mkimod.htm where people in the us are making between 300-350hp with twincharge setups sounds prettey damn good if you ask me.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i too am contemplating this idea... i was looking into supercharger/turbo and NOS... my theory is small supercharger for bottom end to spool turbo quickly, then a nice big BB turbo and then NOS to finish the rev guage...

the issue is what supercharger to get!!! i have been told my best bet would be to get an electric one and that would allow the ECU to turn it off at say 3000rpm or have a switch for it (but then i would be flipping it all the time on and off)

the other idea that has been thrown my way is just to put a big ass BB turbo and take off with NOS and that would do the same thing as the supercharger, not on the streets ofcourse as the bottle is not allowed to be connected while street driving...

the issue with supercharge and turbo is piping!!! especially when trying to get a front mount on or any IC for that matter as there will need to be 2 pipes in... what can be done is not run the supercharge through the IC as it is only really on in first on take off and other than that its not gonna get used which is why people have told me to just take off with NOS and ditch supercharger

at the end of the day you gotta get your scientific calculator out and do the maths and see if its worth it... since im not touching the motor for a while i aint gonna make any calculations till i get to that stage
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Sun, 05 December 2004 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the nos option would be easier but hey its been done before. It is allways good when someone tries something a little different.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Supercharged Turbo 3TGTEU Mon, 06 December 2004 00:50 Go to previous message
FOS53L wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 01:41

by the way riceburna i wouldnt go forging the 3t until u blow it coz from what i know those things come stock with forged rods and pistons.. its not worth the money ull spend forging it up unless u reali need 2 so id leave em be

jaydee

mate you should be carefull when throwing around info like that,as for forging etc,i look at that shite like aftermarket computers,you have to do it eventually so why not get it out of the way..Im going to keep with the idea,ill be having a chat to Jim at Roccos next week and see what he rekkons,always lays it down how it is,so ill weigh up how much I really need to be different...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tg dizzy to 18rg dizzy
Next Topic:18RG piston clearance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 10:06:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01312780380249 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.