Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
wc9964088
Occasional Poster

March 2004
can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 10:22 Go to next message
[B]can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot[/B[/SIZE]] Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user  
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flame away boys and girls...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too much money,

don't know what to do with it hey?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes... drift it... go go go
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good power for an NA, light ass end... hell yeah its good for drifting but you can get alot better for alot less or even the same amount of money... like a 200SX, AE86, RX7 series 1-2-3

basically any car with high power/torque and light ass is good... well they are good when you know how to control them that is... you have to learn how the power is released in a car, ie mid range revs, top end revs... also how the car controls and steers when drifting... its all in the feel
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant imagine an s2000 would be that great a drifter. Power is developed higher in the rev range and not have a huge amount of torque on tap to be able to break traction easy. My 2 cents anyway

Cheers Adam
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a video of tsuchiya dori dori trying to drift an s2000 when it 1st came out. he said its too bloody grippy.

wc9964088
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks a lot guy for the info, i just wanted to know more about the s2000, cos i heard some people say it's good, some say the handling is bad, i presume the car can't be too bad handling, plus it's 50/50 weight distribution, NA car plus back wheel drive, so i was wondering does anyone try to drift with it or not. and how it went.

if it's too much grip, what about use some low grip tyres at the back?? does that makes it easier to drift???

thanks
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty much any car can drift if set up for drift. Don't expect any road car to be good at it in stock configuration; manufacturers tend to design their cars to grip, not slide all over the place.

Of course if you were serious about drifting you'd know this already. Rolling Eyes
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, back wheel drive.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 02:21

lol, back wheel drive.

easy on the newbie
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offense was intended, just found the comment funny that's all. It's no less accurate than rear wheel drive, just a lot funnier.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Fri, 10 December 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you might wanna supercharge it first to make some powerand torque in the mid range.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone drive normally anymore?

[NOB [SIZE=1]Rex 'members when he was drizza'ing fathers L300 to tha MAX. It went hell sick coz there was no waite in tha back. Was rad wen we stuck da slick tyres on tha frunt, hell grippy wen it turned den tha ass wood just go out.[/SIZE] HEAD/]

That is all.
Rex

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2004 01:15]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wc9964088 wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 21:22

<font size="3">[B]can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot[/B[/SIZE]] Rolling Eyes

Thorpey says they're fully sick for drifting.

More Rex 'I speak in the third person' gold. Laughing
wc9964088
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a datsun 240Z, or rx7 seris 1 and 2, do they make a cheap drifing option??? also i need the car not only for driftiing but daily drive as well.

before i was thinking to get a old rx7 or 240z then restore them. but worried about the rotery engine gonna kill my wallet Confused cos heard it needs a lot and lot patrol to pump up the speed. and quite often having problems. so.... still thinking at the moment.

actually just wondering how much patrol the rotery engine needs? i know it's a patrol monster, but just like to know. can anyone tell me? thanks a lot. Very Happy
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf is a "patrol monster"
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a Nissan last time I heard. One with a lot of balls I would assume.
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrol Monsta!!

Fully sik turbo diesel drifta Evil or Very Mad

Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: can anyone tell me does S2000 good for drifting?? why? thanks a lot Sat, 11 December 2004 12:52 Go to previous message
this thread is going nowhere... FAST.

ATTN: newcomer. Please read over some of the previous threads here on Toymods and you will find out the reasons why this thread is not going to be allowed to continue. It simply has no benefit to Toymods or the Toyota community, if fact is has the opposite effect.

locked.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:need help to fix trueno steering
Next Topic:7AFE supercharger kit on the way Go the Corolla AE112
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 13:52:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049681663513184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.