Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
supercharge or turbo Fri, 10 December 2004 00:22 Go to next message
im looking at building a sleeper ae82 hatch. I want to put a 4agze into it. My question is supercharged or turbo?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: supercharge or turbo Fri, 10 December 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Given that you are putting a 4AGZE into it, I would say that it would have to be supercharged.
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: supercharge or turbo Fri, 10 December 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i meant whats better to buy a turbo capable engine or a 4agze supercharged. i dont even know whats running in it now. Perhaps its a better option to just do that engine up and turbo it.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharge or turbo Sat, 11 December 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You dont even know if the engine is currently super/turbocharged? Easy way to tell is to have a look at the engine. If there is a super/turbocharger on it then yes, else, no.

Rex be guessing you want to run about 3bar and 8 or so seconds 400m ET?

Do you know what turbo/superchargers actually do? If so you'l understand the only fundamantal difference is the method in which air is forced into tha engine.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: supercharge or turbo Sat, 11 December 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want a sleeper then i wold probably go for the 4AGZE as it is already all done and pretty much drop in, where as with the turbo you have to take the supercharger off and do a turbo setup...

but ultimately what is your aim in power for the car? its all good to say you want a sleeper but if you want high power then it wont be a sleeper for long when you do front mount IC, brake upgradfes, etc etc
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: supercharge or turbo Sat, 11 December 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 14:14

if you want a sleeper then i wold probably go for the 4AGZE as it is already all done and pretty much drop in, where as with the turbo you have to take the supercharger off and do a turbo setup...

exactly Very Happy If you want sleeper then go the supercharger. But if you're after power then go turbo. As they say "once you go turbo, you'll never go back" Razz

The 4agze comes with a top mount IC (nned bonnet scoop), which obviously doesnt work as well as the front mounts, so you'll have to change that...

Make sure you know how to control a fwd turbo, before you go out on the road and test what it can do Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2004 03:22]

chutz_pah
Regular

September 2002
Re: supercharge or turbo Sat, 11 December 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feel free to correct me if i'm wrong as i'm only relaying what i've been told.

but my understanding of the two (difference wise)
is that the turbo won't kick in till around 3-4 grand, so that on a fast take-off, you have the first part of that power using your engine naturally aspired. (until it kicks in)

whereas a supercharger, whilst it's heavier and whilst it takes power from your car's engine to get it going, it does however kick in straight away.

therefore, if you aim were to take cars off at the lights, you'd assume the supercharger would be the go, yeah? nah?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: supercharge or turbo Sat, 11 December 2004 13:40 Go to previous message
chutz_pah wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 23:55

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong as i'm only relaying what i've been told.

but my understanding of the two (difference wise)
is that the turbo won't kick in till around 3-4 grand, so that on a fast take-off, you have the first part of that power using your engine naturally aspired. (until it kicks in)

whereas a supercharger, whilst it's heavier and whilst it takes power from your car's engine to get it going, it does however kick in straight away.

therefore, if you aim were to take cars off at the lights, you'd assume the supercharger would be the go, yeah? nah?

you are right that supercharger kicks in from the beginning and heavier and stuff but the turbo produces more overall power, and mainly top end when its kicked in. now with the low compresion there is the lag at bottom rev range and thats why people go for a NOS squirt for take off
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age Alternator tensioner
Next Topic:need help to fix trueno steering
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 13:13:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047519207000732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.