Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
christo
Regular

July 2004
RA23 window problem Sat, 11 December 2004 05:12 Go to next message
ive got a question i need answering... when i wind my front windows down in my RA23, the front edge falls down and wont work properly. ive been told theres a little white plastic bit that has gone which is why this happens, but not sure? if u no the part im talking bout,could anyone let me no. and if you know where i can get it, that would be great. Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: RA23 window problem Sat, 11 December 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is more than likely the runners in the window mechanism. They are small round bushes that run through the tracks so that your window can move without wobbling. These commonly disintergrate in old celicas, leaving your front windows with quite a wobble. Not sure if Toyota sells these anymore, and if they do they will probably be quite expensive. On my RA23 I am getting my old man to make me some new ones with his lathe.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 window problem Sat, 11 December 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuffed window regulators, and the loss or breakage of the front and rear nylon bushes that run in the channels are the most common problem on the TA/RA series Celica's. The wheels that have been mentioned, act as the final guide to position the window in the up position. The window regulator has an adjustment bar, when out of adjustment, this can also cause "sagging" at the front/rear of the window.

regards Chuck.
christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: RA23 window problem Sun, 12 December 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks fellas. Im now on the search for these parts. thanks heaps for the help.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know if this helps,.. But I have heard that using Lego tyres works well,.. if you get the right size,... Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 14:15

Don't know if this helps,.. But I have heard that using Lego tyres works well,.. if you get the right size,... Smile

that is a bloody great idea!

i made one out of not so hard rubber for my MX23 rear window but i suspect will disintegrate soon.

ill have to pull the ol' leggo collection down and have a look.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know where suitable replacement nylon bushes can be bought?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the issue with the hard nylon bushes is getting the buggers back on without removing the entire mechanism from the door or body.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 14:33

the issue with the hard nylon bushes is getting the buggers back on without removing the entire mechanism from the door or body.

I find this easier to do then finding the bushes themselves Confused
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got tips for pressing on a hard bush with minimal room to get tools into? ie back window of MX23 corona.

actually thats got me thinking what about DIY urethanel kit?

http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/SolidMounts2.ht m

when making my rubber one i was VERY sure it was going to fail and my next step would have been to get some harder rubber from clark rubber. funnily enough it did work so i didnt think about it for the time being. But now i really should go and do it properly.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with Urethane though is that its sticky/grippy which would be no good for the purpose of these bushes Sad
I have thought about trying to make a mould out of something and then using resin to form the bushes. But I think it would be best to exhaust all options finding the buses pre-made first.
christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just found 2 bushes today! went to this wreckers over new brisbane airport and they had an RA23 and RA28 there. Very happy with my find. Not much left on them tho. Thanks for all the info, my window is now fixed.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The windows in my RA28 dont exactly move the best either, so ill also be looking to replace needed bits shortly.

Anyone thought about grinding the wheels out of a solid block of nylon or similar?
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: RA23 window problem Mon, 13 December 2004 13:57 Go to previous message
Thats what we will be doing in the next few weeks. We went to CBC bearings and bought a round piece of nylon for $10 thats about 30mm in diameter and 300mm long. Dad is going to turn some up in his lathe, hopefully they work out alright.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte wiring diagrams... where to source?
Next Topic:4age20v part numbers or sizes preferably
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 23:43:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046219825744629 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.