Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sxturbo
Occasional Poster

June 2002
boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 00:59 Go to next message
hi guys i know this topic has been discussed in length before but i would like some help. i have a blitz dualSBC which i used on my celica with no problems, then when i installed it on my cressida it wasnt as accurate ( would spike a little, at this point mods were filter and dumps), then i added an intercooler (read very large) and now it spikes out of control i have seen spikes of up to 1.6bar (the unit has a peak hold boost) this is with std fuel cut in place so my car would cut. so i reduced all the settings on the controller to try to bring it back with no luck, i then just tried shutting the unit off (should be stock) and the same thing happened, now my head gasket is gone, not surprising considering the boost it was seeing with no fuel.

so should i throw the SBC in the bin and get something like celicamads one or a bleeder??

Thanks

Send a private message to this user    
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nah, IMHO you can't beat an electronic boost controller. Have you tuned it on a dyno?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can swap you a turbosmart bleed valve for your SBC Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 01:41]

sxturbo
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent tuned it on the dyno i just street tuned it, but it didnt make any differnce when i turned all the settings down.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sxturbo wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 12:45

i havent tuned it on the dyno i just street tuned it, but it didnt make any differnce when i turned all the settings down.

how long is all of your piping between the boost controller and the compressor inlet and wastegate actuator
this is how a boost controller should be installed on a 1j
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/turboinst.jpg
obviously your not running hiperboost, but should be relatively the same

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 02:29]

sxturbo
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the hoses are as short as i can get them, they go straight from the housing and join at a T in about the center of the turbos then the same from the wastegate.

very nice diagram by the way
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sxturbo wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 14:05

the hoses are as short as i can get them, they go straight from the housing and join at a T in about the center of the turbos then the same from the wastegate.

very nice diagram by the way

thx, made it a while ago
trza2k
Regular

January 2003

Re: boost control and da 1j Thu, 09 December 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which DUAL SBC do you have?

From about the DUAL SBC spec R they started getting decent, before that they werent that good.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Sun, 12 December 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have recieved many emails regarding the same prob it would appear (its a guess) that the soleniod gets a little worn or maybe coil issues . however replacing the solenoid seems to fix the problem for about a year but at $150 its a band aid .

once you have your engine back on track fell free to email me sales@hiperboost.com
all i can say is simplly fit a hiperboost ....yeah i knmow its a plug but i can guarantee its its results and so can 50 or so people on these forums .

if your not doing the head gasket for a while hang off for the new electronic model coming soon (doesnt work any better but has bling value)
sell the blitz and it will work fine on a single wastegate

otherwise replace the solenoid in mosty cases it has fixed the problem
baldrocker
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: boost control and da 1j Sun, 12 December 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
top graphic
muzzyttt
Regular

November 2004
Re: boost control and da 1j Sun, 12 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an apexi boost controller.and apart from the bling factor it is usefull inthat i can set 10psi for first gear and say 15 from second onwards.why because i have a heavy soarer and its auto .so whant to save off wheel spin and save the tranny.

i love it and wouldnt buy anything else.

btw excellant graphic Jag7799 great stuff

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2004 12:24]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Sun, 12 December 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muzzyttt wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 23:24

i have an apexi boost controller.and apart from the bling factor it is usefull inthat i can set 10psi for first gear and say 15 from second onwards.why because i have a heavy soarer and its auto .so whant to save off wheel spin and save the tranny.

i love it and wouldnt buy anything else.

btw excellant graphic Jag7799 great stuff

you wouldnt get wheel spin on 15 psi in an auto soarer.. would be very little and make the car faster if anything
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: boost control and da 1j Sun, 12 December 2004 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes u do
muzzyttt
Regular

November 2004
Re: boost control and da 1j Mon, 13 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt? yes i do ..from a standstill with no stalling if i mash it will loose traction when boost comes on and leave long marks after second..

if i stall it and go well it would just sit there useless..good for bags of smoke only..this is why its running std boost in first gear..
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Mon, 13 December 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with muzzyttt. my mates jzz30 will wheelspin easily through first gear and then get traction in second. It has exhaust, FMIC and filter. runs 14psi with no boost controller. This is a single spinner like most auto jzz30's.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im talking lsd equipped cars, not crippled single spinnner cars
what good is a person with 1 leg? NONE, same goes for cars(i apologise to anyone on the forum with one leg, you still have a use.. i swear)
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jag is right guys, toyota from factory put special sensors in auto soarers to detect if it has LSD or not and doesnt allow it to wheel spin if it has LSD regardless of PSI.

jag has also one of these special sensors inserted into his arse to divert all of his feces to exit from his mouth.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 12:56

jag is right guys, toyota from factory put special sensors in auto soarers to detect if it has LSD or not and doesnt allow it to wheel spin if it has LSD regardless of PSI.

jag has also one of these special sensors inserted into his arse to divert all of his feces to exit from his mouth.

lol, dick
have you ever driven a 1jz'd 'heavy car' with lsd and auto?. i have(obviosuly not my car)
the fact is that the auto is a lot more tractable than the manual and also has higher gearing and tends to wheel spin less.. I know they will wheel spin on full throttle upshifts though
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 00:20

you wouldnt get wheel spin

Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 14:07

I know they will wheel spin

Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin

why dont u just save some bandwidth next time and say:

"auto 1JZ soarers wont wheelspin but will wheelspin, cause i drove one and it wouldnt wheelspin but then it did wheelspin, cause i said it wouldnt wheelspin it didnt but then it did cause they can wheelspin but i said they can..................... and cant..."

thats a so much more helpful description, cause after all, we are trying to help people in this section and dont want to say anything false.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 14:19

Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 00:20

you wouldnt get wheel spin

Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 14:07

I know they will wheel spin

Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin

why dont u just save some bandwidth next time and say:

"auto 1JZ soarers wont wheelspin but will wheelspin, cause i drove one and it wouldnt wheelspin but then it did wheelspin, cause i said it wouldnt wheelspin it didnt but then it did cause they can wheelspin but i said they can..................... and cant..."

thats a so much more helpful description, cause after all, we are trying to help people in this section and dont want to say anything false.

the minor kick out and bit of wheel spin they get on WOT up changes hardly counts as real wheel spin
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i stall my car up, she will smoke like no 2morrow, seems pointless and only breaks things. eg gearboxs and torque converters..

but from a stand still i can mash the go pedal as hard as i can on 15 psi and it wont break traction (in a straight line)except for a tiny chirp as it shifts to second and the bum gets a little nervous but nothing too exciting.

jza70 auto with lsd.

sorry for hijack Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: boost control and da 1j Tue, 14 December 2004 04:41 Go to previous message
that isn't a hijack, that is real info. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:levin ae86 flip grill
Next Topic:Info on apexi afc 5dial type