Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toyota_Celica_RA60
Newcomer

December 2004
FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Mon, 13 December 2004 11:16 Go to next message
Hi there,

I have a 1982 Toyota Celica RA60 for sale.

Specs are as follows:
- Engine 21RC
- Red in Colour
- Rego Jan 2005

This is a regrettable sale, and it is going cheap for $480.

I have a picture, and if you need any more information, then please call me on 0404 255 645, or email me on hue14@hotmail.com.

The reason for the cheap sale is that the engine needs replacing, but other than this, it is fine. I do not have the time to install a new engine...hence the sale. The body is in great condition.

Regards,

H.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8526http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8526

Attachment: toytoa celica RA60.jpg
(Size: 60.55KB, Downloaded 385 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Mon, 13 December 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are you located? Is it manual?
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Mon, 13 December 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is in fivedock

just round the corner from my house (i can tell form the houses in the backround)

wots wrong with the engine???

bump Very Happy
Toyota_Celica_RA60
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Tue, 14 December 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, the car is in Sydney, Five Dock.

It is manual transmission.

To be honest, I am not sure the exact technical problem regarding the engine.

I do know that there is a tinkle sound, like a ball bearing is loose, and it does not hit around 3000 rpm. But it still goes.

Maybe it is simple to fix. I am not sure, and do not have the time to work it out, but maybe one of you guys would.

Where abouts in Five Dock are you from?

Keep me posted...it is an awsome machine, and if I had the cash, i would get a compete reconditioned motor for it.

Toyota Nut
Regular

December 2003
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Wed, 15 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 2 cents:

Take her off the road till you have the money for an engine. Apart from the motor was their anything else wrong with the car? Anything at all? If not seriously, take it off the road till you got the cash to fix it.
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Wed, 15 December 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when does the rego actually run out so i take it you have still been driving it.

pm also sent.

brad
Toyota_Celica_RA60
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Wed, 15 December 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Rego runs out early Jan.

I am not sure the exact date, but I do know it is very early Jan.

About getting a new engine?

I looked into it, and was quoted $2,500 inc. installation.

I do not have this cash.

The other option is to get a second hand engine for $450, but then I do not know how to install it.
Plus ontop of that, I have been told that you might aswell change the clutch, and get new leads, hoses, etc.. so add another $500 ontop of that.

And this takes alot of time and messing around.

There was NOTHING else wrong with the car. And I have been told that the gear box's in these beasts are indestructable.

This is a regretful sale.

MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Wed, 15 December 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get my pm i wouldn't mind seeing it either saturday or next week sometime....

brad
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: FOR SALE: Toyota Celica RA60 $480 with REGO Wed, 15 December 2004 13:39 Go to previous message
it cost me 2.5 grand to chuck a rebuilt 22re in my car, majority of the cost was the engine. But your car has a 21rc in it and people practically give these things away, so anyone looking at buying this could probably get it runing for under a grand.
The workshop i went to would charge about 300 for a direct swap engine

Good luck with the sale

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 13:41]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: older rear wheel drive car
Next Topic:1987 G100 charade-import twin cam injected turbo motor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 17:30:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047729015350342 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar