Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Mon, 13 December 2004 02:38 Go to next message
Quote:

The sprinter has run a 10.979@131mph at its first run of the night and backed it up with a 10.950@132mph 60fter of 1.79 on pump gas.

That is a bloody good effort I reckon! It is making 370rwhp at the moment.

Does this make it the quickest sprinter in Australia? or is there a toyota powered one that can keep up?
  Send a private message to this user    
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11.59 was as far as i know ran by adam from jem

what engine does this have?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im guessing an rb25det....
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RB25DET Embarassed

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/5056/wtf5wb.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 05:10]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, rb25.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can hardly be called the fastest Sprinter. It doesnt even run a Toyota motor!

Still, Takes alot to get a car into the 10's Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 05:37]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't matter what engine is in it to be the 'fastest sprinter', it's just not the 'fastest standard sprinter'.

Unless the rules state, to be the fastest sprinter, you must be running a normally aspirated 4age or 4ac Confused
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the line must be drawn somewhere, or just state fastest sprinter with 2.5 litre turbo engine... otherwise you get those stupid tube chasis drag cars with a shell dropped over it.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 17:12

Doesn't matter what engine is in it to be the 'fastest sprinter', it's just not the 'fastest standard sprinter'.

Unless the rules state, to be the fastest sprinter, you must be running a normally aspirated 4age or 4ac Confused

So if it had a super charged v8 and ran 7's. Would that be the fastest Sprinter then?

Im not knocking the car, just the title. I know how much work and money is required to get a car that fast and I wont take that away from his and his crew.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daemon wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 18:50

davedave wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 17:12

So if it had a super charged v8 and ran 7's. Would that be the fastest Sprinter then?

Im not knocking the car, just the title. I know how much work and money is required to get a car that fast and I wont take that away from his and his crew.

Yes it would. But when you get to that sort of speed they differentiate between standard chassis, half chassis, full tube chassis etc.

AFAIK this is still a standard chassis car. It is road registered so you would think so. I wonder how much strengthening has been done as I remember some people saying that the stock chassis can bend from an sr20det in there.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.driftzone.com/skidman_june/P1320897.jpg
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10's is fast, but since when was the sprinter a drag car? Rolling Eyes
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 22:35

I don't know? Maybe not every sprinter owner wants to be a tofu delivery boy? Razz

j/k
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Tue, 14 December 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 21:35

Since when did toyota release the sprinter as a drift car?
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 16 December 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do u draw the line. i say if it still looks like a sprinter and is toyota powered its a sprinter. the ae86 drag car im building is going to be running a full chassis because 800 odd horsepower will tear the standard chassis apart. the c&y sports drag 86 in japan runs a rear chassis to get the power to the ground.the purpose of building a drag car is to get the lowest possible et.no point keeping the standard 4-link suspension its not up to the job.when i ran my old 86 at the creek the suspension didnt cope well at all.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 16 December 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know my drag classes from my @rse, but if you're changing the engine to one that didn't come with a sprinter, then I don't think it matters if it's toyota or otherwise.

In my opinion RB25DET/13B/1GGTE should all be in the same class (like a i've put a BFO engine in class), 4AGE 20v/4AGTE/4AGZE in another (i've modded my engine class) and 4AGE/4AC in another (I'm a stocker class).
Or maybe we should label them all, fastest RB25DET sprinter, fastest 1GGTE sprinter etc.

I actually believe that as long as the chassis stays the same, it shouldn't matter what's under the hood or what your panels are made out of to class you as the fastest 'whatever'.
driftpig180sx
Regular

December 2004
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 16 December 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 13:38

Quote:

The sprinter has run a 10.979@131mph at its first run of the night and backed it up with a 10.950@132mph 60fter of 1.79 on pump gas.

That is a bloody good effort I reckon! It is making 370rwhp at the moment.

Does this make it the quickest sprinter in Australia? or is there a toyota powered one that can keep up?

It has made abit more power now and was run on mercury motorsports dyno tonight, and made 402rwhp at the wheels on 16psi this is on pump gas and in full street trim car has been weighed in a 2150pounds. The car is daily driven as you can see and is used for parts pick up and delivery, it retains full interior 15x7 fronts 8" rear wheels and street tyres. It has held up for the pass 6 months with 3 different turbo setups and starts first key everytime and is one of the most reliable cars which has been owned by the owner.
Different strokes for different folks, it may not be a cup of tea for some, but it was an easy way to achieve alot of power and torque rather building a 4age/gze etc as the owner previous owned a CA18det sprinter and wanted something abit more powerful out of the box. There has been alot of custom fabriaction for mounting the motor/drive line and the rear end has been tricked up to a single piece tail shaft into a shortened diff which has been made to handle 500+hp. The car was specifically not built for drag or drift or show as you can see by the dings and crappy faded paint, so don't get me wrong. The car was built at home by the owner and was built on a budget for being totally original, something fun to drive and track car on special events.
There has definately been alot of criticism by true sprinter/levin/trueno enthusiast as they may hate this idea out of the sheer fact it is considered "cheating, or ruining a cult car by transplanting something not toyota". But it has achieved so much for what it is, I am not the owner of the vehicle but a close friend of the owner that has seen the progress of the build of the car. So I have seen it turn from a 4ac slug into a 10 second daily driven legal street car, if you don't like the idea of the conversion, you have got to give credit for a guy that has opted to try something different. Hopefully in the next 6months a new project sprinter will be let loose on street, with hopefully over 600hp@wheels, mid mounted and 2 speed power glide for track and a stick for the street.....
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 16 December 2004 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for all the info. mate and clearing some things up.

As you would have probably seen from my posts already, I don't care what bloody engine is in it. It runs 10's it gets my RESPCET! Smile
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Fri, 17 December 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Adam will have to reclaim the title Surprised Very Happy . His car has a new setup now.

Had some ignition problems, But It Should make over 300kw@wheels with the problem sorted and a few final adjustments.

I would post a dyno sheet, but you cant attach shit in general car talk Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 17 December 2004 02:20]

driftpig180sx
Regular

December 2004
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Fri, 17 December 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You don't mind me asking what motor you are running? but let me take a shot in the dark 2jzgte? or 1.5jzgte?.
We are opting for a similar setup and it will be Toyota so you can only guess what type of 6cylinder motors can handle such power with stock bottom ends and manifolds.
With 800hp@the tyres, it will be a gauranted 8second machine Shocked , using the power to weight theory, good luck with the chase. We are chasing less power and looking for something deep in the 9's and will hopefully be out in the next 6 months with the transbrake and glide.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 December 2004 03:21]

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Fri, 17 December 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adams runs a 4age Turbo, 1.6L
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Wed, 22 December 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need evosti to run as well (adams old set up )
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Wed, 22 December 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, Adam from JEM (Tuner of my car...free plug hehe) should be spitting out 300rwkw, and thats only from 1.6l, just like the red aw11 from UAS. I think he recently pulled 289rwkw.

Good effort tho!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Wed, 22 December 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 22:02

Yep, Adam from JEM (Tuner of my car...free plug hehe) should be spitting out 300rwkw, and thats only from 1.6l, just like the red aw11 from UAS. I think he recently pulled 289rwkw.

Good effort tho!

that must be pretty laggy! But who cares for a drag car Smile
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 23 December 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comes on hard at about 4200
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 23 December 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tin can wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 13:02

comes on hard at about 4200

that is awesome! I am hoping for around that same rpm for my which is a 2.5L with a turbo around the same size I would assume.
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Nis-25 sprinter runs 10's! Thu, 23 December 2004 19:57 Go to previous message
adam j.e.m cracked his block having his high hp it was more like 340kw
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 Head Unit Bracket
Next Topic:Has anyone bought from "IMPORTBITZ"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 19:11:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060830116271973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.