Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Car Jacking...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Car Jacking... Wed, 30 October 2002 11:46 Go to next message
There is a good article on this in the new (December) issue of HOT4s... Take a look...

Next issue will feature "Preventing car jacking and what you can do to protect yourself"...

Also, this is another issue that comes out with the free CD... Hopefully they will be coming out with every issue!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Wed, 30 October 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a gun under ur seat ??!! Laughing
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Wed, 30 October 2002 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As funny as it sounds, carrying heat has already become a reality for some car enthusiasts i know.

It almost happened to me a while back, luckily i managed to get away.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guns are just taking things too far.

Lock ur doors when u drive (set ur alarm to lock after u start the car) and carry a spanner or something near the drivers seat, within reach. If the jacker has a gun, then ur already stuffed, regardless if u have a gun yourself or not. If he hasnt, he cant open the door. If he reaches in thru the window, use the spanner then drive off.

cheers
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The story that was featured in HOT4s had a dude in a Turbo Pulsar... He stopped at lights and was approached by dudes... He sped off and they flew off right behind him... He kept flying along the M4 until he reached the toll gates... He stopped hoping that the cameras would do good... He was ordered out of the car and they took his car and sped off... The cameras only work when someone goes over the sensors without paying so therefore the cameras didn't capture the incident and his car hasn't been found to this date...

This is the reason why I have full comp insurance...

I think that the best situation you could hope for is for the jackers to throw you out of your car and drive off... I'd hate to get shot or kidnapped in the car with them...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ultimate anti car-jacking device...

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thro wer.car/

Go to the video and check it out!!

rgrds

Sam.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 wrote on Thu, 31 October 2002 10:23

It almost happened to me a while back, luckily i managed to get away.

do tell what happened Gary?

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2002 11:16]

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was driving along Princess HWY at Engaine on the way home. A car that had just peviously run a red light right in front of me, next thing i know he's swerved at my car a few times. So naturally i speed up to get away from him thinkig he must be a drunk driver.

I soon caught up to 2 other cars blocking both lanes driving at about 50Km/h the 3rd lane closed off with plastic barricades. Not more than 30 secconds later the drunk driver pulls alongside me. Next thing you know everyone is hard on the anchors and we come to a complete stop. And people start jumping out of cars.

I quickly realised what was going on so i jammed it into reverse checked my mirror and almost immediatley i doing 70 Km/h in reverse along a main HWY for a good 40-50 metres, with them following. The 1st street that came along back into 1st gear all 4 wheels spinning and i take off up that street by the time i turned the next corner i had lost them.

PS: Forgot to mention Girlfriend in the passenger seat screaming histerically.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2002 12:00]

2-Skinny
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude thats a sweet story (good thing you got away) but thats like somethin outta the movies! Did the girlfriend think you were brave or somethin and return the favor Wink ?
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Thu, 31 October 2002 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude it felt like i was in a movie almost, other than the real taste of fear in my mouth from the thought of possibly losing my baby. I also all seemed to happen in slow motion.

The girlfriend was shaken up for the next 2 weeks. She'd jump for the roof at the smallest sound. She was freaking out and in tears for the next 2-3 hours.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon8.gif  Re: Car Jacking... Fri, 01 November 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that shite really shits me!!!
i have read the feature in the lastest hot4's..i dont know what this country or the world for that matter is comming too??
people work hard to get a ride they will enjoy, and take pride in..
then there are total scumbags with no moral respect for anyone elses property..i think the chopped fingers per offence should be brought back for *rseholes like this.. Mad

GEE120,
that would have been scary, lucky they didnt get you..*rseholes!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Fri, 01 November 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anybody say "SKB semi auto 12 gauge" Very Happy
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Fri, 01 November 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Come hither, young jacker!"
(Translation reads: "Are you ready for what I have in store for you...? )

You might think "What's that?"

Is it worth the risk?

(Please, find out...on me Evil or Very Mad )
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get any plates or anything???
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only managed to get the 1st 3 letters of 1 of their plates. My main focus was get the F@#K out of there. Even my girlfriend was too useless to get any plates
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nar thats the main thing hey !!!

its times like this ya need a turet on ya car lol

were they young guys? etc which park of engadine ya talking about?
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Can anybody say "SKB semi auto 12 gauge"

That would be ILLEGAL! I think a Smith & Wesson .357 magnum revolver would be better Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not illegal if you have a class 3 licence Very Happy But any gun is illegal that isn't in a safe!
The gun rules suck at this current moment! Get this right, you are allowed to keep a gun in a gun safe at home or at the local gun club! But your not allowed to have a gun or your person or in your car at all! So how the hell do you get your gun to the gun club legally???
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sat, 02 November 2002 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple! Very Happy carry the whole safe into the car then drive it to the gun club where u can remove it Very Happy

Yes I know they are stupid but thats the law. BTW what sort of reason do you need to have a class three licence? I want to join a pistol club but its a bit hard at the moment, so I tag along with my dad every now and then and shoot metal silhouettes with his revolver.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm. well if i was held hostage with a gun at my face by some fool who decided he wanted me to take him somewhere, i'd do it at MEGA speed.

i mean face it you're probably going to die anyways.

look for the nicest fattest big ass tree you can find, go as quick as possible, make sure no one else is around you can harm and at the last minute stick the car into it. if you're lucky the interia/g's might f..k the idiot up and hopefully it will be crushed to death on impact (and you can get away with your life)

i'd only go for this action as a last resort. and on the proviso i would not harm anyone else.
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally... They can try and take my car.. but im going down fuggin swinging that big black mag light as hard and fast as i can!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92_Hatzi wrote on Sun, 03 November 2002 00:12

BTW what sort of reason do you need to have a class three licence?

I need a class three licence to own the SKB 12 gauge among other semi auto pistols and rifles!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Sat, 02 November 2002 19:48

were they young guys? etc which park of engadine ya talking about?

never said anything about a park, it started at the lights of Heathcoate Rd.

They were probably early 20's and at least 2 were Asian.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now carry a very sharp wreaking bar Smile if anyone trys to stick there hand in my window to unlock the door they will have a very nice hole in there arm or head. I cant belive some people in this world.
I was at eastern creek wnen my car was broken into(we were only in there for about 30-45mins)the people we suspected of doing it came back to us and thretend to kill my mate(we seen them runing as we apprcohed our cars)and we said nothing to them so i dont know why they came back. They stole his EMS from his datto so we couldnt leave.we stoped the police and told them what happened and they said there was nothing they could do, after we told them it was a gang of young lebs. so now when i go to Sydney i always have my doors locked and carry my wreaking bar Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

never said anything about a park, it started at the lights of Heathcoate Rd.

They were probably early 20's and at least 2 were Asian.

i realy do need a new keyboard, sorry gary I ment part

[Updated on: Sun, 03 November 2002 11:01]

Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Jacking... Sun, 03 November 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good self defense course can be of assistance in situations like these, And i don't mean your local karate for the masses I mean a good street orientated self defense course, that and a good bat!!

But if it means your life over your car, let them have it or get out of there!!!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car Jacking... Mon, 04 November 2002 00:35 Go to previous message
If it had of come down to it my last resort rather than giving them the car would have been start ramming into them. If they wanted my car that bad they can have it (All Smashed Up) Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hmmm...Guess what I saw?
Next Topic:Chrome dipping
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 08:38:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054800510406494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.