Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fester
Regular

December 2004
icon5.gif  Gaskets and clutches Thu, 23 December 2004 13:14 Go to next message
Guys don't shoot me, I'm sure you've been asked before but I'm still trolling and haven't found the answers yet.

1. Where can you get head gaskets and top end kits for the 20 valve. I wish to pull down the head but not sure if you can get gaskets in Aus easily enough. id come across a site with parrt numbers but not sure what you can get at local Toyota. Are most of the bottom end gaskets/seals etc common to aussie 4AGE.

2. I have a silvertop 20 valve manual which is being converted to RWD. Is the flywheel/clutch combo from the FWD compatible. If not which is the best combo to use. My box is out of an Aussie Corolla.

3. Is there a web site with general engine data like cam/crank timing, torque settings, general engine wiring identification etc. You know like workshop manul info. I haven't found anywhere with any manuals to download so far but have limited computer time to troll.

Gavin
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Gaskets and clutches Thu, 23 December 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some Toyota dealerships will order parts directly from Toyota Japan if you provide a part number, and some will also find the part number if they have the infomation available. You can also order gasket sets from "private" people here on Toymods, I know "Bill Sherwood" and "Mr Revhead" have mentioned them, and availability.

Yes, your flywheel and clutch will work perfectly well with your Aussie Spec T50 gearbox. Don't forget to add the spigot bearing as FWD motors don't have these as standard.

I've never found a totally helpful website, it's usually a combination from all over the web - if you find the info in one place, let us all know, or make the page yourself for us all to use and rejoice in your greatly appreciated hard work?!!!

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Gaskets and clutches Thu, 23 December 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for clutches, I'm using a $150 PBR RPM clutch kit, and it seems to put up with the abuse a lot better than others I've tried at 3 times the price. It should be fine for the 20valve, just I wouldn't use it on a boosted engine.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Gaskets and clutches Thu, 23 December 2004 22:17 Go to previous message
You could try Stewart Wilkins Rally in Sydney - they will post out to you.
edit/ for the gaskets that is.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 22:17]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZ-GE conversion- info pls anyone!!
Next Topic:tire mounting, rim contour matching?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 21:21:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052750110626221 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.