Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA61 Lambo Doors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to drop my 2c on this thread...

Putting Scissor doors on a car as a modification. I have thourght of doing this and may well do it at some stage if i ever get around to building that show car I keep dreaming of. However the yanks beat me to it and now it is too rice. In the Us you can get bolt on hinge set for scissor style doors for most import vehicles including the celica. The look the goods (in terms of being solid) when opened and closed however the opening and closing of the doors is somthing I wouldn't be doing in front of girls at maccas. Very ordinary action.

Secondly to do the job properly involes a great deal of reinforcing to the doors and the pillar and add crap loads of weight to a car.

Thirdly very few modern cars have the right shape door, door frame, roof line combination to do the job right. The RX7 above is one of the few that can possibly.

Lastly Police would love you...

However with all that being said... I reckon this looks shit hot....

http://homepage2.nifty.com/auto-design/auto-design002002.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~asterix/yellow-levin.jpg

'nuff said

i apologise if i offended anyone by posting this if its their car or whatever, i just got it off the net :/ all credits to whoevers car it is!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm very very nice!!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can buy those doors as off the shelf kits for many cars i've found out Confused Confused even an ED6 civic Confused
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Tue, 21 December 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the problem with those kits is you still need to open the door out, and then physically lift it up before the gas struts kick in to assist. Looks really tacky when opening and closing and not real strong looking. but for static show they look great.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Wed, 22 December 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should only ever be done on a car that doesn't have the frame around the window.

And should only be used for show when the windows are down.

Otherwise it looks like its just trying to take off.
Eagz
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Thu, 23 December 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting Idea

there are a few things to consider

1 the size of your door, generally the longer the easier it is to get into the car.

2 the ride height of your car and to the length of the door, as you dont want to slam your Fresh door into a concrete roof of a car park roof.

3 the cost and a Warrenty.

4 is it reversable.

5 Quality of the Rams, you dont want rams on your doors that cannot support any less than 250 Kilograms other wise adding speaks and sum1, lets say large, leaning on them.

6 A GOOD MECHANIC!!!

7 At wat angle does it remain easy to enter your car, normal modders will set there doors to 60 degrees from normal but this can make it extremely difficult to enter the car, The best way to keep it easy to enter the car is set your rams and hinges to open to 80 - 90 degrees up so u dont hav to limbo or duck under the door.

8 Are the Rams, Hinged, Springs, Nuts Ajustable. If they are not ajustable then u may find altering your doors takes alot of work usually meanign alot of time, money and effort.

9 Removing all ugly metal from the door framing and paint it up to nook nice when your new doors swings up. You may place new crome plates here to hide any holes from where the orginal door was held.

And yes there are substancial differenes betweem Gullwing doors and Scissor Doors.

Generally Scissor pivot from the front, they come out a few inches then swing up pivotting from the front of the door, supported by a Ram.

Gull wing pitot from the top [ any where across ] and on the older cars are normally supported by a bi hinged Ram ( 2 rams with a hinge in the middle ), bu on newer cars only 1 Ram is required and the roof normally isnt used in the door opening or closing.

Not bad for a 15 year old
Mr Doors
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 21 January 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Sera is back on the road and man is it fun to drive, look forward to the next cruise I will have to come along.
Toyotas Rule!
Very Happy
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Lambo Doors Fri, 21 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous message
Bah.

For gullwing doors, just buy a fucking DeLorean. Very Happy
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T18 diff AE86 (Tail shaft? Sway bar mounts?)
Next Topic:my gze , Help !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 15:40:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.029260873794556 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.