Preferable New but i just want sum general information

thanks guys

PS. Like the forum, its good shall invite my other car nut friends
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Thu, 23 December 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you said you wanted it to bark, not buzz?

3" is, simply, overkill. there are plenty of people on this forum running 200-250rwkw, and none of them need bigger than a 3" system... on a little n/a 4-cyl, 3" system will be heavy and sound crap. a well sorted 2.5" or even 2" will give the same performance, and a better exhaust note. if you're interested in the performance, you should consider some extractors too - they'll make you more HP gains than an exhaust
Eagz
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Fri, 24 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its already fitted with high flow extracters, High flow cat and a new injection system. It puts out aproximatly 46 bhp more than the standard VTi

if you could give me any brands would be nice
i was leaning towards an APEXi N1 system

well thanks for info, 2.5 still sounds aight too me
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Fri, 24 December 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the difference from an APEXI exhaust to any other exhaust that can be made? they are all metal pipes that are bent to suit OR cut and welded to maintain the same diameter throughout...

unless APEXI make their own metals which are better than the others than thats different Rolling Eyes but any exhaust place can make the exact same xhaust for a fraction of the price

on my TA22 car line mufflers made me a 2" all the way from extractors with an empty resonator and sports muffler (straight through) at the end for $200... how much does your APEXI N1 cost?

OH MY GOD i took 2secs to look for APEXI N1 and they want $550 for just the muffler WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked there was someone here selling what looks to be the exact same muffler for $130

some people just amaze me at what they would spend just for a name... maybe i should buy that muffler im talking bout and write APEXI on it and sell it for double Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Fri, 24 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2" piping will provide better performance than 3" on your little n/a 4cyl, as there will be more backpressure.

3" is turbo stuff
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Sat, 25 December 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a 1.6 i would not go any bigger than 2&1/4 inch, and do yourself a favour and get a decent muffler (though it sounds like your intending on spending the money as you want to buy an apexi system) though what i mean is that you wouldnt want to go for an item like an x-force, magnaflow ect. If you can get hold of a Fujitsubo item, or even some american items like Type 1 racing you will do yourself a big favour as the exhausts are tunned specifically for the car (im not quite sure if thats just a marketing pitch though). Anyways good luck
Eagz
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Exhaust systems that BARK Sat, 25 December 2004 13:09 Go to previous message
well did a lil research seeing the owner came round for xmas, the engine itself is turbo charged, cant remeber wat model or brand turbo. Has a HKS front mount intercooler thats bin stealthed up

looks aight, now im in the turbo ball game lets play hehe

ohh yer if u havnt realised i am buying this cra hehe
im just looking at options

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:needed for ae86//alt bracket
Next Topic:EFI Fuel Tank - Brisbane.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 08:35:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10351014137268 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar