Classifieds » Parts Wanted » +++URGENT+++ Holden Astra 2003 model REAR BUMPER

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

+++URGENT+++ Holden Astra 2003 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 04:13 Go to next message
I just pranged my ae86 into my friends Holden Astra coz of some faggot who almost missed his turn in front of her, so he decided to brake hard causing her to stop and me to run up her ass.

Just the rear bumper, preferably in a dark bluish/purple sorta *dont know exact colour but its a factory colour*

Will post up seperate thread about what i need for my car, i want to leave this thread ae86 free coz i really need to replace her bumper before she goes on a holiday soon (her request)

And i'd rather not go through insurance as excess is over $800

Thanks everyone

Choony

EDIT: Had the wrong car and model, it was a Astra and it is a 2003 model hatch.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 December 2004 10:19]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Vectra 2000 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thosa bars arent cheap! whats her excess? if its $500 or less then get her to claim and you pay... she can say someone hit her and took off

a brand new bar comes black and needs to be painted and a second hand one if you get the same colour is a bit expensive...
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Vectra 2000 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that idea fade-e i might just try it out.

It might be a 1998 model Holden Vectra, i'll have to call her later to find out. If it is, does it make it any cheaper? Very Happy

And to think i was so close on doing an engine conversion, now i got no money for my the very few parts i need. Sad

Choony

[Updated on: Sun, 26 December 2004 06:01]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Vectra 2000 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from your post im assuming your excess is $800 if you went through your insurance... if her excess is $500 or less then you can get her to make a claim through her insurance and state that it was a hit and run and she doesn know who hit her... she then pays the excess for her insurance (which you will actually pay for her) and she can get it fixed properly by a panel shop... these days almost all insurance companies have lifetime no claim bonus so if she is one then she has nothing to worry bout in that regards

the bar is gonna cost about $200 odd from a wrecker and may need to be painted cause god knows how long its been sitting there and how many scratches it has accumulated over that time which will more than likely come to about $300 anyway... or you can get a nwe one that will have to be painted which will end up in the $500 odd range

if you can get one off any forum then you may save yourself $50-$100... also how bad is the hit? was it a tap, a knock or a hit? any noticeable kinks, different gapping around the boot, etc? also look at the rear doors to see the gapping there (it shouldnt have gone that far but its something to check)... it may look small cosmetically but when you take the bar off it may relieve the stress/tension in the metal and the new bar may not fit on cause it is now out of alignment... im not trying to scare you but just make you aware of the possibilites
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Vectra 2000 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in a pretty pissed off mood wen i was checkin out her damage, but from what i remember, there was a little crack all the way through the bumper where a piece was sticking out, besides that nothing but my red paint all over her blue bumper.
I didnt check gaps and if its been pushed in, but i think it may off been coz i noticed the exhaust sitting lower than usual, think the rear bumper was pushed upwards.

Strong cars they are, with that only to hers, my whole front bumper is crushed in, along with a v shaped bonnet Confused

Could i say that she backed into my car, and pay her insurance to cover both of our cars?
Would her excess be more? or the same?

EDIT: IF she does say it was a hit and run, will she lose any rating as a driver for claiming through insurance?

Choony

[Updated on: Sun, 26 December 2004 07:20]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Vectra 2000 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could if she agreed
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Astra 2003 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Bump*

Goodbye to the idea of using her insurance company
Her excess is $1800

Still in need of this guyz plz help me out.

Cheers

Choony

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Astra 2003 model REAR BUMPER Sun, 26 December 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN Shocked are you serious? its an Astra! how old is she? is it in her name?
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: +++URGENT+++ Holden Astra 2003 model REAR BUMPER Mon, 27 December 2004 03:47 Go to previous message
Yeh im pretty sure its in her name
and yes its an astra.... Confused
why so suprising?
She's on her P plates btw. Full comp insurance. If that helps.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2T original carby
Next Topic:King Spring Lows front AE93 SX, KTFL 45 A.S.A.P
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 08:30:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064740180969238 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.