Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what bittorent client do u recomend?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
what bittorent client do u recomend? Sun, 26 December 2004 18:20 Go to next message
what bit. client should i get? im not comp litereate at all. i need a bittorent for dummies kinda thing
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Sun, 26 December 2004 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azureus is king, love the froggy
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Sun, 26 December 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 27 December 2004 07:23

Azureus is king, love the froggy

Agrees
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shadows experimental i recon is the BOMB!!!!!!!!! or you can just use shearaza ( http://www.shearaza.com )... does Gnutella1, Gnutella2, eDonkey and bittorrent all in one

NOTE: downloading copywrighted material is illegal and should not be done, P2P and bit torrent downloads are to share personal files only... any illegal activity recorded and noted by the use of this software can lead to legal and criminal proceedings against the user of the software

NOTE2: guys when suggesting something like this you should always make a note of the possible illegal activities that can take place with this software! being a public forum anyone has access to this forum and these threads and therefore you can be held accountable for endorsing illegal activities if you do not make it clear of the possible illegitimate activities that may occur from the use of the software!!!

PLEASE be smart when replying to threads that can lead to illegal activites occuring it is for your own sake and no one elses, i deal with this day-in/day-out as part of my work
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azureus is the sh!t.

Also fade-e I don't see why you assume a bit-torrent client is only useful for software piracy. AFAIK it was originally made by the linux guru's to improve the distribution of open source projects (e.g. Sourceforge)

This would be like if you had to tell people not to pirate software when offering downloads of internet explorer or netscape.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Toobs your right there but i didnt say it is only used for that but rather it can be used for it, also at the same time you will see waivers on all sites in respect to copywrighted material being distributed... this is to remove any legal liabilities for the site... now this does not only apply to companies, businesses or organisations but also to individuals... therefore technically an individual would need to clearly identify that they do not endorse such acts...

with ie and netscape these programs/software are released as freeware by the manufacturer and therefore there are no legal grounds if an individual offers the program for download... they are copywrighted in the essence that you cannot use the code to create your own program where as movies, etc have distribution copywrights
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in every car thread i reply to, i have to state the illegality of burnouts, drifting, speeding and the like? give us a break...

the software is there, what you do with it is your own responsibility, dont join the darkside Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fade-e,
That's not what I meant with the IE and netscape thing.
I meant that Bit-torrent was originally designed to allow open source (generally non profit) software developers to distribute their software at high speeds without having to have billions of dollars of hardware... not to pirate software.
Unfortunately most people associate bit-torrent with piracy like everyone associates kazaa with piracy.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Mon, 27 December 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i got azereus. what does seeding mean? i have d/l initial d 9 & 10, fingers crossed thefile is fine. dont even know if d/l is completed yet

thanks for all the input dudes
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what bittorent client do u recomend? Wed, 29 December 2004 02:37 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 27 December 2004 19:20

ok i got azereus. what does seeding mean? i have d/l initial d 9 & 10, fingers crossed thefile is fine. dont even know if d/l is completed yet

thanks for all the input dudes

"Seeding" is uploading/sharing the finished torrent... as opposed to "Leeching" which is downloading off other people.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pics of my new tattoo
Next Topic:new ps2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 13:32:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.095644950866699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.