Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sat, 01 January 2005 16:45 Go to next message
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/wheels/h_watanabe1.jpg
14" versions of these.. in bare metal... how much would they sell for? i dont think they're genuine, but they look good..

edit: im pretty sure they're 114.3 pcd, i shall check when i get the chance, by the way, incase your wondering, these are still in the rim... warehouse... thingy, 30 odd by 60 odd meters of space stacked 4 shelves high with rims, will get pics of everything soon, might be able to see what they have if anyone needs anything?

[Updated on: Sat, 01 January 2005 16:47]

Send a private message to this user    
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sat, 01 January 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am interested in a price on a set of the rims ( 4 or 2 )
14" 4 x 114.3
and more pics too please

cheers
Chris
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sat, 01 January 2005 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're just pics i pinched off the net
the actual rims are in the shop still, should be about $50-$75 a rim? theres... 5 there i think

ill go back there soon, im just curious as to what they're actually worth

oh, and 4 of the rims are gold in colour, and 1 is gunmetalish colour.. should i buy them, ill sand em back and powercoat them gunmetal with polished lip?

[Updated on: Sat, 01 January 2005 16:59]

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what shop? im not in a position to buy wheels right now but if thats the calibure of their stock they're worth a look at.

Cheers

Nathan

EDIT: Nevermind... i just realised your in perth.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 02:58]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the width of these rims and the length of the dish if thre is any dish?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No dish... and the width looks to be 7", but ill check for sure when the stores open, i just want to find out what they're worth Razz
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure theyre super lights in which case theyre not worth very much compared to genuine watanabes which are much lighter
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

warehouse... thingy, 30 odd by 60 odd meters of space stacked 4 shelves high with rims

This would't be Mr Mag out near Morley would it? Because if so I went there before, and as AE95 said, they just might be Superlights as they are in abundance there.

When I was there, I only found 1 watanabe, it was a gold ~15x7 touring version with some huge dish. But there was only 1 and it was in pretty bad condition.

But if it isn't Mr Mag, where's the shop?
and
Do they have any SSR or Volk meshies ^_^
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Mag it is, and i assure you, they had 5 of them, no dish, 4 of which were gold, the last, gunmetal, im just curious, would putting these wheels on an ae86 increase its value, or is it stupid to do so?

and i didnt say they were wantanabes, i said lookalikes Razz
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Sun, 02 January 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 17:37

and i didnt say they were wantanabes, i said lookalikes Razz

I know what you mean. But I was saying that I did find one watanabe wheel there. It was light enuf to lift the wheel with just your fingers comfortably Razz

Quote:

im just curious, would putting these wheels on an ae86 increase its value, or is it stupid to do so?

I don't think it would do much unless they were geunine watanabes or even konig rewinds O_o

And IMO, I don't think the value of a car matters if it has mags or not. It's the quality of the car and how it runs that makes a car's worth.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Mon, 03 January 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both "Black Racing" and "Watanabe" brand wheels can look exactly like the picture above. Both come from Japan and I would pay the same price for either. Other 8 spoke wheels like "Performance" Superlites from Australia, Panasports from USA, "Superlites" and "Minilites" from the UK etc all look noticeably different.

Price will depend on width and offset, and condition. People shopping for a 7" wide rim may have to pay a bit more because 6" and 6.5" widths are more common. 15" wheels may cost more than 14" because they can be harder to find, and more people want them. A full set should fetch a bit more than finding 2 odd pairs.

Superlites are cool, but Watanabe/BR wheels would fetch a bit more in Australia since they are imported just so people can enjoy the JDM look. Also Superlites are not avaliable in as many sizes new. Only 6" wide for the 14" I think.

If its a set of 14" x 6.5" Watanabe or BR rims, I would paying around $250-$600.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Mon, 03 January 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do they have hollowed spokes, or are they solid?
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Price Check: Wantanabe look alike rims Mon, 03 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous message
Hollowed out i assume, as the pic shows.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8870
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8871

Attachment: kskk0301-img600x450-1073205700dsc01304.jpg
(Size: 40.49KB, Downloaded 280 time(s))
Attachment: kskk0301-img600x450-1073205722dsc01307.jpg
(Size: 44.48KB, Downloaded 277 time(s))

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 mags with tyres $100
Next Topic:4 X 13inch polished centrelines, suspension and steering components to suit TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 13:50:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064618587493896 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.