Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 02:29 Go to next message
Alright i have searched on Google, what i am looking for is a program with which i can censor out whatever i wnt in a song. You see i am not one who needs to be bombarded with swear words(i don't like swearing).

So i need a program that will hopefully be able to cut up audio into bass, treble and vocal. Or even music and vocal. Now i'm aware most programs will cut out the whole song where i want to cut out words, s'pose i'll have to live with that.

Any ideas people? Floors open.

Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you want it to automatically recognise the swearing and cut it out or somthing that you can do manually yourself? If manually try and get a copy of soundforge previously made by sonicfoundry,now made by sony,The demo version which should still be available on their website should be sufficient...^%$%$#&*&^(*&_)&(%*&a mp;^$&^%*&%&^%*&_)(+)*(I(+{)*_(*) Very Happy I was guna write a whole bunch of rude stuff but I dicided not to hurt your virgin eyes Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most audio programs like sound forge or cooledit will do it. You just have to remove what is equal on both channels for what ever the time.
Vocals is the only equal track so that is all that is removed.
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I was guna write a whole bunch of rude stuff but I dicided not to hurt your virgin eyes

I can live with others swearing, when i was in high school i was one of the most foul mouthed little so and so's (well not little). But i just figured, whats the point on swearing? Haven't sworn since then, but soundforge sounds like and idea, thanks lads.

Andrew
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a thought dont listen to music with swearing in it... Razz

go stand in an elevator and listen to some crap(sorry if u consider that swearing) elevator music

NOLAN
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon toyoda's got a point.

honestly, most of the time it's like "so.. what did you say that for? you need to feel cooooler or something?"

lol, swearing is for tryhards

Cool

you can quote me on that hahahaha

*runs and hides and can't return to thread
cause he knows everybody is going to try hard to, uh.. annnyway*

Smile
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 17:56

*runs and hides and can't return to thread
cause he knows everybody is going to try hard to, uh.. annnyway*

Smile

lol yeah you run punk Razz

look i dont have to swear to "try hard" but if u dont like something dont listen to it and dont complain about it, its like people who watch a show on tv they find offensive and then complain about it, so if u dont like it dont listen to it..simple...
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your shitting me right????
Why swear??? cos I can.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look here you god-damn mother-fucking cunts.

swearing makes you hard. Very Happy

But the reality is that certain levels of swearing are not simply there as curse words. They are there to add an additional dimension to the phrase which normal words may not be able to.

For example:

A rod flies through the side of your 4AGE's block.

The 4AGE:

(a) is Broken
(b) is Quite broken
(c) Has obtained a state of broken-ness not previously realised
(d) is Fucked

See what Rex means.

Rex be a firm believer in the 'if you dont like it dont do it' doctrine. Commendations to you for endeavouring to alter your music rather than trying to ban His.

Rex

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 08:10]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too true!
Quote:

Commendations to you for endeavouring to alter your music rather than trying to ban His.

Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto ^^^^^^^
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex

you are the third person (man)!

you out do yourself every time you type, im always in stiches, keep it up! Laughing
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what im saying, i don't like swearing, others can swear if they like...i don't care. I'm not going to whinge about a song having swearing, or anyone else swearing...But if i like a song, but don't like the swearing in it, i'll simply edit it out.

Some of you guys have issues, if you wanna swear go ahead...i don't really care Smile

Andrew
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 16:38

go stand in an elevator and listen to some crap(sorry if u consider that swearing) elevator music

NOLAN

Mate you gotta read and think before you post...I am quite clearly not complaining about the lyrical contents of songs, just asking how i can edit it out so i can enjoy them...quite simple really.

Andrew
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about nudity? Like on TV I mean? This doesnt upset you does it? Like 2 hot chicks getting it on togeather? You dont change channels or anything like that?
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 23:53

What about nudity? Like on TV I mean? This doesnt upset you does it? Like 2 hot chicks getting it on togeather? You dont change channels or anything like that?

get off the bongs u gronk LMAO..ur fuckin up everyones convos tonight

u funny cunt Razz
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy Yoda wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 23:23

Nolan wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 16:38

NOLAN

Mate you gotta read and think before you post...I am quite clearly not complaining about the lyrical contents of songs, just asking how i can edit it out so i can enjoy them...quite simple really.

Andrew

My bad...why wud u want edit it out..the song wud just sound like a episode of jerry springer where u only here every third word Very Happy

JERRY JERRY JERRY
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 23:11

get off the bongs u gronk LMAO..ur fuckin up everyones convos tonight

u cunny funt Razz

cunny funt?
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toy yoda your brain is obviously broken

editing swear words out of songs that are supposed to have them is just not right, its like putting a chev v8 into an rx7 or putting a honda motor into a supra. im sure alot of the artists would be pissed at you too.

why dont u just record the songs u want to listen to off the radio pre-censored.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just about to type that all out myself Cool
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Censoring Wed, 05 January 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i wasn't aware anyone had tape decks anymore...i don't. I don't listen to much radio anyway, can't stand the hosts and their mindless chatter.

I don't see why you guys should be worrying about what i listen to and what you think i should listen to. I am not complaining about the moral degradation present in music...i couldn't care less, because most people like it. Therefore i am not attacking anyone, artist or fan about the music they listen to, i just prefer it minus the swearing...there...no biggy right? Rolling Eyes

You can all listen to what you want, i don't care. Likewise you shouldn't care what i listen to. I just enjoy music more if i don't have to hear swearing. (especially if the olds are in the car)

Andrew
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eheheh

you dudes seem to have a bigger problem with Toy Yoda editing offensive content out of songs than Toy Yoda has with the songs themselves Razz (judging by the replies)

hey, we all gotta make our own decisions - and I appreciate why most of you make the ones you do!

I don't think anyone here has ever heard me harassing someone for swearing

There are bigger thingsin my book than whether someone swears or not Wink

Peeps words are just a reflection of their hearts (some proverb), so if all you are doing is "not swearing" just to keep some two-shoes happy then that's totally stupid too!

ergh.. I woke up
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But what about the nudity??? I dont care that he dont like swearing, thats his call. But what about the nude chicks?? Does he mind this?
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use soundforge for the sound editing I do. Great little proggy. Nothing super amazing, but it does the job. Simple interface, and not cluttered with a billion useless options.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the nudity is his call too! I am not a fan, but there you go. Call me strange, but for me a lot of cool movies are kinda ruined 4 me by some crazy scenes and i am like "what did they put THAT in there for"?

But I think we are in two very different schools of though here. For me, people like you all and every chick are know are totally awesome and special and unnecessary stuff like swearing and nudity and all that just kinda degrades some of the amazing things that make us great.

Its like taking a nice little green tree frog and rolling him in mud! I guess it all depends on how you define mud. However, as Brad Pitt said, "Some things are true whether you believe it or not!" The important thing is finding out what's actually true I guess. Confused

btw, I use ProTools (there is a free version) from http://www.digidesign.com/

amazing software
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm confused Confused Do you mean that naked chicks in mud are better than just naked chicks? Rolling Eyes
If it were 2 naked chicks wrestling in mud, well I would have to agree Shocked
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 you are one crazy guy, but it seems i am siding with RobST162 on this issue as well. Pointless swearing/nudity i don't get, and i don't think is needed...let's not start a witch hunt everybody it's just my opinion...and it should only matter to me.

Shocked

Andrew
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh come on.. You don't like drooling over naked chicks on TV?? I can understand you not liking swearing, but naked chicks??

/me shakes his head Nope
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 00:19

cunny funt?

i didnt want to offend anyone by swearing i think if u use ur imagination u can work it out Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 10:29]

Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone who needs to swear a lot shows the signs of a limited mind and imagination!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gazza53 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 20:46

Someone who needs to swear a lot shows the signs of a limited mind and imagination!

I swear lots and does it look like I have no imagination? Rolling Eyes
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 22:40

I swear lots and does it look like I have no imagination? Rolling Eyes

you have a frog as ur avatar..lol ur imagaination astounds me Twisted Evil

bahahaha

NOLAN
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Censoring Thu, 06 January 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I admit sometimes i can swear a bit, and im a female, but i have cut down heaps.. however its only when its due.. i used to swear alot more ( mainly company of males.. became so i didnt know i was doing it so much ) but then i saw this chick at the shops once, full skanky derro swearing her head off, kids doing the same and i decided if i even look remotely like that when using bad language, id never swear again Laughing

If im doing my block i will use quite a large amount of profanities... and also when work doesnt go my way e.g stabbing myself with a knife when trimming fibreglass or the angle grinder catching and ending up cutting a groove in my boots ( but didnt go any further as i threw the grinder )

After the intial shock you have two choices
a. cry or:
b. get angry

i often opt for option B, using every bad word i can think of and even making up a few along the way.. it does make me feel better.. i dont do it to make me feel big, usually noone is even there, however a few times it has made people come running....

Swearing is not such a big thing now though, the radio station i listen to, quite a popular station and quite often you will hear them using swearwords in their general conversation, and nobody really seems to care, and they are used as common words in songs.. i think we have all just been.. what is the word? De- someting..... same thing as why dead bodies etc dont shock peole and kids as much as they used to because they see it all the time on tv and the net and stuff... whats the word.. agh

oh yeah.. de-sensitised?????
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Censoring Tue, 11 January 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 13:13

Oh come on.. You don't like drooling over naked chicks on TV?? I can understand you not liking swearing, but naked chicks??

/me shakes his head Nope

He might have children and doesn't like them watching it. Or maybe the missus doesn't like him watching it.
Either way by not watching nudity and not listening to swearing he isn't hurting anybody so there SHOULDN'T BE a problem.
Cool Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Censoring Tue, 11 January 2005 04:18 Go to previous message
Yeah gotta agree with Neko.
One of my friends is actually normal and gets scared at stuff that isn't that scary and most people can get really upset at people dying and stuff.
It might sound cold but even the tsunami disaster didn't hit me as hard as it should've. I've got relo's that could've died but I don't know.. just death in general doesn't affect me that much. I think society is too used to it.

I remember how some older ex-servicemen cried at Saving Private Ryan from it bringing back all the memories. I just think that if it was this current generation that wouldn't happen.
Meh.. my few cents =P
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:computer help
Next Topic:look whats on my door step
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 12:59:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12728500366211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.