Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
SOLD - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 05 December 2004 10:16 Go to next message
Hi all,
We have decided to put Tracey's red TA22 GT on the market. As seen on my site and in Fast Fours, July 2004.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
Asking $8000.
Has the following GT parts-
Clear and Amber lenses
Front and rear italic GT badges
Full GT centre console
GT honeycomb grill
GT Bonnet vents
Oil/ammeter gauge

The engine is a 2TG, fully rebuilt 11,000km's ago. Spent over $3000 on the engine, fitted brand new genuine high comp. pistons (9.8's), new chains, valves, bearings, blah blah.
Also has high performance extractors and full 2.25 exhaust.
Factory air conditioning, Cobra alarm, lowered (king springs), front and rear sway bars, koni rear shocks and GT monroe on the front.
Has new windscreen, all new rubbers as well as new door skins and bonnet. Resprayed about 4 years ago.
Velour seats and roof lining, CD player, 15X7 polished reflex mags with Goodyear F1 tyres.
Plus much more.
No time wasters please. Currently in Perth, but car is still registered in South Australia. Transport interstate is around $800 as far as I know.
Email me at classic_celica@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,
Simon

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 23:59]

Send a private message to this user    
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 05 December 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone should buy this car!! I have seen it first hand on a number of occasions and it is definately one of the best celicas going around. If it wasnt 3k out of my price range I would snap it up in a second.

nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Mon, 06 December 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn damn damn...

Im just browsing to see how much I need to save to get another ta22, and the best examples are here and now to buy.

damn damn damn...

This looks like a ripper of a car. Im craving for a TA22 now, this is so nice, the rims, and the photos show me something I'd like very much so.

Just wondering is there any rust patches appearing? plus on these engines 2tg, do they need much maintenance, such as tuning?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Mon, 06 December 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nico,
There are a couple of very minor rust spots. One just on the sil panel under the drivers door, there is a small bit of surface rust about 5mm wide by around 10mm long where the sil joins to the rear panel and a small bubble on one side of the rear windscreen. Both are not rust holes, just a minor rust spot. The bonnet, doors etc are all perfectly straight and rust free.

As for the 2TG, its the orignal engine from my TA22 GT. I've had it since the late 80's and put it in Traceys car when I upgraded to the 3T GTE about 5 years ago.
Years back I used to have trouble with the points playing up and tuning of the solexs. I paid top dollar to get the carbies tuned over 12 years ago and haven't touched them since. They are maintenance free. People will tell you different things but all I can say is this engine is absolutely perfect. Only done around 12000km since a total rebuild after doing over 160,000km in it with my car. It has new pistons, valves, chains, all seals, powder coated sump etc etc
I fixed the point problem ages ago by fitting electronic ignition. The mechanicals on this car are in immaculate condition. Just put petrol in it and it will go for years...

Cheers,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Wed, 08 December 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on, there must be a serious buyer here...

Simon
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Thu, 09 December 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill put in an offer of $5000 best i can do
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Fri, 10 December 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the offer but $5000 is a bit off the mark...

To anyone out there thats interested, if you're not bothered about the GT gear I will lower the price if its sold minus the GT grill and badges, lower amber lenses and full console all changed back to LT parts.
Minus these bits and it can go for $7000. Still GT is the oil/ammeter gauge, bonnets vents and clear lenses.

Cheers,
Simon
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Fri, 10 December 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can't get anyone to buy it at $8000, can I put first dibbs on the full console (minus the dash) and the grille if you decide to take the GT bits off it?

Thanks Smile
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sat, 11 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have a genuine TA22 GT as well, so anything I take off I would keep as spares for my car.
I would only take some GT gear off to lower the price for a sale, not just sell the GT gear without selling the car.

This is a great car, there aren't many around in this condition so don't miss your opportunity to own this classic.

Cheers,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 12 December 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump....
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 14 December 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone going to make a reasonable offer??
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 14 December 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its the location mate, i would hav been interested if you were in sydney for a little less money, but not prepared to travel, cant believe no one has snapped it up yet though, thought it must of been sold before you bumped it up, owe yeh hot car too mate, good luck Cool
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 14 December 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well there is no harm in asking. I think I just need the console (both parts) and a GT grill to finish my car. I am getting a guy in Japan to bid on items for me on Yahoo and I have a feeling I just got one of those grey dashes.

Anyway good luck with the sale Smile
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 14 December 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"If" I did decide to part it out I would be selling the GT gear last.
Its such a nice car and taking parts off wouldn't be right after all the work thats gone into it. There must be someone out there that appreciates these classics.

At this stage, we are negotiable on price if some GT gear is taken off or we will most likely keep the car ourselves.
I maybe wrong, but I think transport to Adelaide is around $500 and about $700 to Sydney.

Cheers,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 21 December 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still happy to hear from serious buyers....

Cheers,
Simon
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Tue, 21 December 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know you have probably already tried...but you could always try ebay or carsales.com.au

If you do list it on ebay, just remember to set the price at what you want for it or just below to encourage more bidders/bidding.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Wed, 22 December 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might try the local papers after christmas.

Cheers,
Simon
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 26 December 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It pisses me off that I dont have the money yet Crying or Very Sad

Good luck with sale, pushing the old man to get me a better car, going to dental exhibition in Adelaide in early march, and if everything goes well I'll be looking at another car.

Good luck with sale thanx for the details on car, waiting on the old man to get back from overseas to pester him again!
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 26 December 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nico,
The car is still for sale. There are a couple of people very interested so if you plan on making an offer you have to make a move soon.

Cya,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Thu, 30 December 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best price is $6500 without some of the GT gear and A/C.

If someone out there isn't bothered about having a bit more LT gear, let me know. Mechanically everything is like brand new. Its way too good to part out more than swapping a couple of bits to LT and possibly taking out the A/C.

Cya,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 02 January 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Sun, 02 January 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew i should have waited longer wen i bought my 22. i have a pic of this car as my wallpaper thats how much i like it. y wont sum one pay wat its worth it is soooooo nice.

goodluck with the sale
i hope sum one buys it soon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Mon, 03 January 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a higher resolution pic for those that haven't seen it.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/tracey1.jpg
Cya,
Simon
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Mon, 03 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to do this but

that is sooooooooooooooo nice
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Mon, 03 January 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its straight as, both doors are brand new from Toyota. I think there were one of the last available...

Here's another pic just for the hell of it....This has to tempt someone out there, you don't find these classics in this condition too often....
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/tracey2.jpg

Cya,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Wed, 05 January 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still available...don't miss your chance to own this beast...

Cya,
Simon
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: For sale - 1973 TA22 GT Replica Wed, 05 January 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i missed my chance the day i bought 3 chunks of rust to try to turn into a car.

y wont neone buy this car??

its too nice to just let sit there for sale

sum one buy it

once again goodluck
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
SOLD!!- 1973 TA22 GT Replica Thu, 13 January 2005 13:39 Go to previous message
The car is now sold. Thanks to everyone for your interest.

Cheers,
Simon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:V12 Century for sale (in England)
Next Topic:FS: 74 TA22 $200
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 04:51:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072169303894043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.