Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » OBDII Socket On A RAV4?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Fri, 07 January 2005 05:57 Go to next message
Is there an OBDII socket on a 1996 RAV4? I've looked under the dash arond the pedal area and there's a lot of shit going on there (fuses, wires, plugs) but i can't seem to locate the OBDII socket. Only thing i can find in the engine bay is a socket named Diagnosis but i don't think this is OBDII related.
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Fri, 07 January 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The diagnosis socket isn't OBDII. I'm almost certain there isn't one on your car. What you planning on doing with it, out of interest?
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Fri, 07 January 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for confirming. I searched everywhere and couldn't find the socket so you must be right. I was looking for a OBDII socket so i could run a ScanGauge: http://www.scanguage.com
Looks like i can't now.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Sat, 08 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have one of those fancy snap on or similar engine analysis scanner thingies, they plug into the diagnostics port of the engine loom, usually near the passenger side strut tower in the engine bay.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Sat, 08 January 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 12:50

if you have one of those fancy snap on or similar engine analysis scanner thingies, they plug into the diagnostics port of the engine loom, usually near the passenger side strut tower in the engine bay.

He is talking about a device which connects to the ODB2 port which is on most new / european cars.
Always thinking the europeans decided it might be easier for everyone if they all use the same sort of (ISO standard) connector with the same outputs.
There are many devices which now connect to the ODB2 port thanks to the ISO standarisation ranging from handheld palmpilot type engine performance meters to full blown workshop style engine analysers.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Sat, 08 January 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the best bit is that Commodores have had one for years Laughing (it's compulsory in the US as well)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: OBDII Socket On A RAV4? Sat, 08 January 2005 08:28 Go to previous message
mrshin wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 18:40

And the best bit is that Commodores have had one for years Laughing (it's compulsory in the US as well)

Too bad thats the only international standard of ODB2 they were willing to comply with.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:85 supra
Next Topic:urgent :: f series axle/ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 17:38:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044121742248535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.