Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Fri, 07 January 2005 14:06 Go to next message
OK, time to reconsider my path with the dogbox.

I have the following items I am willing to part with for the right price. I'd prefer to sell the stuff complete but if enough people wish to share in the following them I'll split it up.

3TGTE engine. Requires a rebuild as I believe she has broken ring lands on the pistons.

3TGTE engine. good runner, has a custom plenum fitted with a 60mm 7MGTE throttle body that faces forward. The distributor has been modified and fitted with a nissan CA18 crank angle sensor and its wired for 2 dual output 7MGTE coils running waste spark. This is all being run by a new EMS Stinger management computer and running the stock 440cc injectors. Exhaust side has a stock manifold modified with a HKS external wastegate top mounted and a Trust TD05-16G turbo that was just recoed but a mis-fire the other week made short work of it. *SOLD*

This setup made 205rwhp @ 9psi when dynoed at Redcliffe Dyno and Performance. I have the dyno sheet around here somewhere, but its late and Im tired.

I also have brand new 3TGTE VRS, main bearings 0.010 under, bigend bearing 0.010 under, top and bottom timing chains all new. *SOLD*

There is also a 4Y crank and rods here to create a 2.15ltr stroker motor if you wish to.

So, in total there is as follows-
1 x 3TGTE suit repair
1 x 4Y crank and rods
Some other ancillery items such as stock distributor, AC pump, alternator etc..

Email me at soarer21@optusnet.com.au or PM me for a slower response Wink

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=8950

Attachment: carina-engine-small.jpg
(Size: 83.94KB, Downloaded 356 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 20:30]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Fri, 07 January 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much you want for the plenum?
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Mon, 10 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for delay, Toymods homepage no longer seems to be accessible to me causing some issues with getting onto the board here........

Id prefer to sell as entire assembly as stated but if you find enough people willing to take balance then I'll part it out. No point turning a running car into a non-runner for the sake of one part Smile

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-2-1101213794.jpg

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-2-1101252028.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 00:19]

TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Tue, 11 January 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may be interested in the damaged engine. do you have the head off??. does it have single or twin plug head?? How much for the VRS kit and is it for the turbo or NA engine
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Tue, 11 January 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damaged engine is still assembled as it was in the engine bay. My understanding is that the 3TGTE all had twin plug heads, but anyway its is twinplug engine. VRS is for turbo version and goes with chains and bearings for $400
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Wed, 12 January 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a very good power output ! Mine is making similar figures with twice as much boost Confused
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: Serious Expressions of Interest Required- 3TGTE stuff Thu, 13 January 2005 20:40 Go to previous message
Thanks TurboRA28, I had a quick look at your site and am curious why you chose to run with the 8 plugs? Especially firing them at the same time. I couldnt find any information about the ignition on the 3T anywhere but I know the CA20 8 plug engine only runs the 8 plugs at below 3000rpm then drops one bank over that. Its more for emissions then power and I could see problems arising in the upper rpm with increased boost by firing two plugs together at opposite sides of the chamber....... Thats why I decided one plug was enough per cylinder.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 wrecking
Next Topic:WTB : Sc14 Supercharger of 1ggze engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 06:51:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053210258483887 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.