Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 05:09 Go to next message
Hey all,

I'm soon gonna change my CD unit, as its not anti shock, and its ruining my music everytime i go over a bump Mad

anyone know the procedures to take off the centre console?
  Send a private message to this user    
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man it is a big job chopin!!,
see my one i had to drop both the left and right side of the dash to gain access to the screws. give me a call and i can help you with it...

btw... don't forget my springs Very Happy Very Happy
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey John, nah i wont, asa i get the GT4 brakes and springs.. .i'll give you a call Very Happy

Yeah i thought it'd be hard to change the deck... seemed impossible to get to Confused
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you wanna do the deck give me a call i can get it doen last time it took me a good hour but it made a difference kknowing where everything goes.. Hey did you know my head gasket blew... i'm looking for the s2000 now. But i am gonna whack in the 3ste into the 162 and strip her light ass for a track car... just a bit of fun i guess i just wanna see how well a 3sgte powered 162 would go against my bro's type S at the track.just need to get a CAMS licence
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yea
that was loads of fun getting the center dash off.
there is alot of screws and messing around
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Fri, 14 January 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not that bad, try pulling the crash-pad (front dash) out and all the wiring...that'll keep you occupied for HOURS Smile (the first time, anyway)
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Sat, 15 January 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to hard, probly easier in a manual, but its pretty streight forward..
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Sat, 15 January 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 11:27

Not to hard

Rolling Eyes
Man... i changed the front speakers at the same time and i must have pulled out about 50 screws and i've got about 15 or so left over and i don't know where they go.
My advice, if you see a screw in the front half of your car, take it out as it is in some way holding your cd player in.
Good luck!
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Sat, 15 January 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There may be a lot of screws, and yeah you always have some left over, but its very streight forward,

Remove center console (bout 6 scrwes and a gear knob)

Remove glove box and drivers side plasic cover (Bout 10 screws, hood relese switch and 2 bolts)

Remove the plastic cover over the cd player (Bout 8 screws)

Remove stock/old cd player

Installation is basiclly the reversal of this. I got mine done in just over an hour, thats with slodering all the wires.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Sun, 16 January 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't have to remove the centre gearlever cover etc if you don't want to.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 - Changing the CD Player Sun, 16 January 2005 23:34 Go to previous message
Quote:

There may be a lot of screws, and yeah you always have some left over, but its very streight forward,

Remove center console (bout 6 scrwes and a gear knob)

Remove glove box and drivers side plasic cover (Bout 10 screws, hood relese switch and 2 bolts)

Remove the plastic cover over the cd player (Bout 8 screws)

Remove stock/old cd player

Installation is basiclly the reversal of this. I got mine done in just over an hour, thats with slodering all the wires.

*-F-A-I-N-T-S*

---------

My good old skyline only need 2 screws ;.... can i say... FARK?

Thanks for the info Guys.... i MIGHt just do this when i really have time.... it will take me a days worht i believe

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 23:35]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My ST162 run into in parking lot!
Next Topic:Am i wasting my time????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 15:59:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037028789520264 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.