Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
reported burnouts Sat, 15 January 2005 17:07 Go to next message
say if a person reports you to the police for doing burnouts in a carpark, what power do the police have over this? whats the most they could do to me?

btw i wasnt the one doing the burnouts, my mates were smoking it up in the carpark, but the people that said they will report us took our numberplates. What can the police do?
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: reported burnouts Sat, 15 January 2005 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your word against theirs
police will take their side 99.99% of the time tho. because of the recent crackdown on hoons
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sat, 15 January 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deny everything... especially when you out number them in witnesses
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: reported burnouts Sat, 15 January 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many local residents? from how many houses? built up area? if the cops do decide to inverstigate, they'll go door knockingand ask about burnouts at the date & time in question, in which case you could quickly be outnumbered by witnesses. Plausible denyability is the key. If you can make up a good story along the lines of "we were coming back to the car when a <insert hoon car here> drove past us with screeching tyres. as we were gettnig into the car, a few residents came out and started yelling at us, & told us they'd report us. we laughed it off and left"
that way, you can explain away every witness who didn't directly see your car doing burnouts, and it becomes your word vs visual witnesses.
If you're outnumbered by visual witnesses, you're in a lot of trouble.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should have said "we know where you live, and we will beat up ur pets"
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should have said "Report us and see what happens" and then show them a picture like this.....

http://www.toiletmuseum.com/animals/cruel.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was in a car park it shouldn't matter anyway, it is not a public road thus it may mean shit. We had cops come to our school this year in some ducation stuff and they told us that to do burnouts leaglly, if we closed off a carpark they had no juristiction over us as it was in a safe environment
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good point draven, even though it wasnt me that was doing the burnouts, ill just change the story around a bit and say my friends are some random's that just came to the car park when we were there and started smoking it up. Very Happy thanks guys
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and re: closing off a carpark.. they can still do you for undue noise, which is a civil offence, not traffic. Interestingly, the people ,who mow their lawns on sunday morning are almost certainly breaking this same law (a friend's band got busted for practicing in galston of all places - the nearest house was through a large hill, but the cranky bastard reportd them)
Garage_KooK01
Regular

November 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont do wat i dun
Sum F**K reported me for fishtailing up a road in the wet cops came over arrested me, i got scared told all now im sufferin 4 it
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garage_KooK01 wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 19:11

dont do wat i dun
Sum F**K reported me for fishtailing up a road in the wet cops came over arrested me, i got scared told all now im sufferin 4 it

Garage_KooK01 this post makes no sense to me :S, what are you trying to say?
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorgan wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 20:27

dont do wat i dun

Deny it ALL
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: reported burnouts Sun, 16 January 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres not really all that much that they can really do...
i was out a couple of nights having a bit of fun with some mates, they were doing burnouts in a carpark and i was drifting some corners, some guy hid in the bushes and capture around 8 HOURS of video footage ( he must be lonely ) the video footage was then handed into the police station ( that was in the same shopping centre carpark that the burnouts and such were done in ) the cops basically just said that they couldnt do anything because they didnt see it with their own eyes and just suggested we found somewhere else to gather and such...the video footage had close ups of our number plates!!!!!!.....

so id say that you should be fine
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiftlock wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 21:22

i was out a couple of nights having a bit of fun with some mates, they were doing burnouts in a carpark and i was drifting some corners, some guy hid in the bushes and capture around 8 HOURS of video footage ( he must be lonely ) the video footage was then handed into the police station ( that was in the same shopping centre carpark that the burnouts and such were done in ) the cops basically just said that they couldnt do anything because they didnt see it with their own eyes and just suggested we found somewhere else to gather and such...the video footage had close ups of our number plates!!!!!!.....

i think that cop just couldnt be bothered and lazy. imagine all the paperwork he would need to do

on the other hand, it did not happen in a housing area and was reported by a person with nothing better to do.

gorgan's case here is pretty different
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being in a carpark, it's not a public road thus the road rules don't really apply.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 09:30

being in a carpark, it's not a public road thus the road rules don't really apply.

Car parks are not private property, thus you can still get busted.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car parks fall under "public throughfare" same as servo's etc. someone belted into dads hilux a few years back in a servo and tried that "its not public road on" didnt stick the police pretty muhcv laughed at at.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends entirely on the carpark as to whether it's private property or not - somethin to do with the enclosed land act or something (see: reading cinema's carpark entrance sign).

Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude...stop trying to analyise the whole scenario, it basically comes down to if the cops want to fuck u over they can and if they cant be fucked then they wont do nething....

at the end of tyhe day there coppers and they can do what ever the fuk they like...

good luck tho Rolling Eyes

NOLAN Razz
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

dont do wat i dun

He's saying he got scared and told the cops the truth and he got 0wned for it.
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 17:06

dont do wat i dun

He's saying he got scared and told the cops the truth and he got 0wned for it.

i see what u mean now....but if the cops wanted to fuck me over they couldnt really could they? because i wasnt the one doing the burnouts anyways, it was my friends, could i still get busted for being there while they do the burnout'ing or not? anyway i got a story planned just incase they do come door knocking.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 12:00]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So say i get a digital photo of a dick doing a burnout outside my house, i can send it to the cops and they can get busted for it ??

cool

im sick of dicks doing burnouts ... go do it at your own front yard u wankers Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: reported burnouts Mon, 17 January 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but then it's not your word against theirs. Thats your photo versus...well...if you've got a photo, they've got nothing.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: reported burnouts Tue, 18 January 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt the cops would care most of the time.
I think they'd only do something if they got annoyed at the number of phonecalls they were receiving.
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: reported burnouts Tue, 18 January 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 23:33

So say i get a digital photo of a dick doing a burnout outside my house, i can send it to the cops and they can get busted for it ??

cool

im sick of dicks doing burnouts ... go do it at your own front yard u wankers Mad

the cops will most likely not be able to use the DIGITAL photo that you give them as evidence because they can so easily be modified
hence why i got away with drifting around my area
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: reported burnouts Tue, 18 January 2005 08:14 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 11:53

Shiftlock wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 21:22

i think that cop just couldnt be bothered and lazy. imagine all the paperwork he would need to do

on the other hand, it did not happen in a housing area and was reported by a person with nothing better to do.

gorgan's case here is pretty different

yes it was in a housing area, there is houses on the side of the road, it was not like it was an industrial area, therefore it is very similar to the case at hand
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AVATAR PROBLEMS
Next Topic:OMFG ULEAH thats FULLY SICK!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 21:21:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065939426422119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.