Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
what car would win Fri, 21 January 2005 17:00 Go to next message
As the title states, what car would win? (In a 0-400m battle to the death, or who ever crosses the line first)

My mate just got a whole bunch-o-parts installed and he's talkin' all this smack about ma ride. So maybe someone here could settle the dispute.

The two cars in question:

1991 JZZ30 Soarer
Auto
1.05 bar boost, stable (suppllied by Apexi AVC-R and HKS FCD.
pod filter, heat shield and decent air feed.
Front mount cooler.
3" exhaust front 'y' pipe back.
stock turbos

1989 ca18DET Silvia
manual
tubular,stainless manafold.
HKS 2510 turbo.
turbo back 3" exhaust
front mount cooler
1.1 bar boost, unstable (tends to spike)
HKS F-CON
Pod filter
500 hp fuel pummp

I'm thinking my mighty Soarer will still hand his ass to him on a silver platter once I get to the top of 2nd gear. In the spirit of un-bogan like behaviour we are waiting till the next drag day to settle this properly, but from what i've felt his car do and from what i know mine can do I think I'll come out on top.

What do you guys think?

Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what car would win Fri, 21 January 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Silvia - it has a 500hp fuel pump.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what car would win Fri, 21 January 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.1 bar boost, "unstable" (tends to spike) ?

That turbo isn't effective to 1.2 bar ? so what would the spiking problem be due the the f-con , unless some complete dummy has wired it up . But with that work to the s13 it should have 190-210 rwkw , done correctly it should run a low 13 easy . Even with the 500hp 040 fuel pump Laughing Another advantage of the s13 is if it's a early car the gearing might be a 4.3 > 4.1 even better for drag b/s .

Does the JZZ30 Soarer with "stable" boost run that kind of et ? i think not .

nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: what car would win Fri, 21 January 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CA18 is a pretty gutless p.o.s. it will be close. Light body with shit engine vs fat arse with decent engine. BATTLE OF THE TITANS
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they will both be making similar power.

I think you will get him off the line as his is a manual silvia that probably has dorifuto suspension. The Soarers on stock turbos seem to get off the line very well for a big car. Then he may real you in, in the second half of the race if he can drive.

Has he had much experience? If so, I think he will win.

Go the 1jz! Razz
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fuel pump is one of the wilbrow ones going around, claims "good for upto 500 hp", and the boost spikes due to a dodgey bleed valve. i think its impossible to "wire " an f-con wrong, you just have to swap the looms around and hook a pressure sensor up.

The turbo is rated to 300 hp. and at 1.1 bar his care dosnt feel like its pulling too hard.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you wont win
im not sure about ca18's.. but sr20's with minimal mods can run low 13's.. id say a ca18 with an upgraded turbo might do as well
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i will win...

ive driven my mates soarer and its very fast but then again i drive a corolla...

and that was my pointless input on this subject...

good luck hope u win

CHEERS

NOLAN
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 13:58

i think you wont win
im not sure about ca18's.. but sr20's with minimal mods can run low 13's.. id say a ca18 with an upgraded turbo might do as well

From what I have seen with mates Silvias, the ca18's really don't. A fella I know ran a 12.9 with an upgraded turbo running 22psi with upgraded internals. That is alright but a lot of mods to do it.

He ran 13.8 with the same turbo, less boost and standard internals.

1jz powahz!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarer cause the with the auto u can build boost against the stall. And with those mods it should be making 200-220kw atw should be good for low 13's high 12's

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2005 03:53]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12's may be a bit optimistic since I have only heard of one person so far do that on stock turbos.

Probably mid 13's or so I think unless you have some "freak" car Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 15:20

12's may be a bit optimistic since I have only heard of one person so far do that on stock turbos.

Probably mid 13's or so I think unless you have some "freak" car Razz

i dont think 12's is out of the question with stock turbos on an auto. remember i said high 12's
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say the Silvia...
They are a nice car...
Manual... Better then the auto in the Soarer...
If they're making the same amount of power at the wheels on both... The silvia will win easily, P/W ratio wins...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what car would win Sat, 22 January 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the Silvia will win myself. it sounds faster. I'd have to drive both too know for sure Razz. But if you know yours will beat it from driving both well then you know your answer Smile

the only way to know if a car is fast. DRIVE IT!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Good luck on your race TOYOTA POWER!!!!!!

I am aware of what I said about the Silvia but as a Toyota fan I will support the Toyota even if it sounds like the odds are against it Very Happy
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: what car would win Sun, 23 January 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer won!!!

this was over about 300m, on a slight upward hill.

Silvia got it off the start and kept a car lenght ahead till he got to 3rd. The Soarer gained back all the lost distance and pulled a further car lenght to take the win.

Go toyota!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what car would win Sun, 23 January 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work champ! Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what car would win Sun, 23 January 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hate to say it but told u so.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: what car would win Sun, 23 January 2005 12:02 Go to previous message
i reckon the MA61 would
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 vs MA61? Which one do i choose?
Next Topic:ae86 in tamworth
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 22:38:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.031235933303833 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.