Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
which conversion Mon, 24 January 2005 07:15 Go to next message
hey,
I was planning an engine conversion in my KE55. I am looking towards a 4a-ge but am finding it hard to find a front cut so am considering a 13b but im unsure how hard it would be? does any 1 has any advice on which one would be better/easier?
  Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: which conversion Mon, 24 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 4age would be a much easier conversion. i would have thought it would be easier to find a 4age over a 13b Confused
What are your goals with the car?u making a quick streeter, track car, drag car???
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: which conversion Mon, 24 January 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i can only seem to find FWD 4a-ge's. i read that article about changing FWD to RWD but would much rather getting a RWD one. Im just making it a quick street car.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: which conversion Mon, 24 January 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check with an engineer about whether you can legally fit a 13b into a KE55. If you search this forum you will find many debates on this issue.

My suggestion would be to get a fwd 4age and convert it to suit as trying to get a rwd 4age half cut will be tough.

Another popular conversion is the 2tgeu. This has also been discussed alot on this forum. There is actually a complete 2tgeu with everything you need for sale on here. It is in the
Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals section of the For Sale in a thread titled
"2TGEU & Celica 5 Speed Conv Pack for KE30"(sorry I don't know how to link to it).

Good luck

Brad
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

decide on what type of car you want, drag, race etc
and how fast you want it to go and then find the
appropriate engine. also think about how much you
want to mod the engine and how easy/avaliable/cost
of parts. and of course how difficult it will be to
do the conversion and cost.

i dunno about nsw but in qld there are different engine
swap/conversion catagories from a straight swap, an allowed conversion - some require upgrades, a safety upgrade conversion and an engineers conversion.

ps - rotarys are 2x rule, ie a 1.3
is classified as a 2.6 which is a pretty big capacity.
you will have to choose a catagory that allows you to
do what you want and go from there if applicable in nsw.

recommended order of cost, difficulty, power (roughly)
as a stock conversion

2tg
2tgeu, hybrid
4ag
4agze, 1ggte, 13b, 13bt
4agte

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13B = cut and relocate transmission tunnel higher in the body.

4AG FWD to RWD = manifolds, engine mounts (will have to make them anyway) and water pump issues..

as long as the KE55 weighs more than 870kg STOCK, then you can fit an NA 13B (effectively a 2.6L motor), but for the effort and hassle of a rotor, any other toyota/nissan etc motor will be worthwhile and easier.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for an initially cheap conversion, the 2tg is the way to go.

For a longer term cost effective conversion, the 4age is the shite.

I converted mine from FWD to RWD, and it cost me all of $200 - the rest was vitually the SAME. I have even posted in the FAQ section how to convert all the water outlets on a FWD 4age to suit RWD.

I rate the 4age.
I doubly rate them with a turbo.

13b = p00.
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea thanks, i will look into the 2TGEU that sound like it could b the way to go.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GGTE 1GGTE
do it u know u want to
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why haven't I seen your turbo little KE30 around josh? carlingford is pissing distance from my house!
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: which conversion Tue, 25 January 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 26 January 2005 00:00

why haven't I seen your turbo little KE30 around josh? carlingford is pissing distance from my house!

I just saw his thread in members rides, and based on that I don't think it is on the road yet. I live close too (cherrybrook) and can't wait to see it around Smile
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: which conversion Wed, 26 January 2005 03:44 Go to previous message
does any one no bout engineering certificates? will i need to get 1 with a 2TGUE? and where do i get them from? also do i need to upgrade brakes or any thing? thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla/AE86 Headlights
Next Topic:TA22; how empty is empty?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 13:17:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041260719299316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.