Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Tacho unusual behavior (after replac. analog->digi dash)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Korg
Newcomer

January 2005

Tacho unusual behavior (after replac. analog->digi dash) Tue, 01 February 2005 03:54 Go to next message
I've read another topics related to tacho. But i have a problem with "native" supra digi dash, and still cannot find a reason:

When i start car (for the first time in a day), in cold weather, it shows correct RPMs, but after 3-5 minutes tacho starts "to jump".

(Here is a link to 150Kb video that shows what i need to fix, cause i am afraid to be not understood )

I swear that engine runs smoothly and w/o detonation, but when it meats the "working" temperature level, the tacho goes "mad". I try to connect another analog tacho to proper diagnos.connectors, it shows right RPMs, and i even think that in this moment digidash shows right RPMs too (but i'm not sure about last thing, cause engine was "cold" when i tested it).
Also i found that when i drive fast, then tacho "stops" at 4000 or 6000 rpms, depending on current mode of autotranny.

I have to say that last summer i replaced analog dash with digital, and also all wiring under the safety pad.
and, i forget, - it's 1986' GA70 supra with 1G-GE

Any suggestion?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 03:57]

Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tacho unusual behavior (after replac. analog->digi dash) Tue, 01 February 2005 04:53 Go to previous message
I've got an SA63 with a 1ggte and the MA70 dash.
it does the same thing as your but the speedo does it aswell.
i've got it booked in to an auto sparkie i'll tell what what he concludes.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Interchanging a 1G Gearbox with other W58 Type Boxes?
Next Topic:3tgteu dizzy plug sequence
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 17:43:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038259029388428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.