Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 31 January 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 10:50

lol, 'cause you spend SO much time driving near 180 right Julian? Razz

haha, only twice, and thats it, but its having troubles getting past 5km/ph right now..haha. so i can't complain
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 31 January 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys here she is in the flesh, an "AT-160" Celica

Incredible... I always thought the "ST/AT" was a chassis designation.. I guess not.

Here is the page.. amazing celica if you have some time to look

http://f-style.lir.dk/gallery/celica-at160

but it's a 4AGE all right

http://f-style.lir.dk/albums/celica-at160/6_19.jpg

http://f-style.lir.dk/albums/celica-at160/6_22.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 23:56]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 31 January 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats very impressive, what next, putting a 2jz-gte in there. well probably not pyshically possible.
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 31 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the first letter of the chassis code stands for what serie motor is in it...

aka ST is the s series motor and AT is an a series motor...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 31 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeah, in the BACK Smile

edit: toy_leeka -> ah yeah.. of course heheh

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 23:58]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that wing is abit out there, but hey, not many body kits for our cars so any kit is a good kit in my opinion now.
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honestly, i haven't actually found any kits that i like...

so we'r just gonna make our own Very Happy
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i can' t wait to see that..
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.ssv.com.au
have a kit for the st162

Very Happy Razz
you can see a good example of that kit on alliance's machine Razz
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys long time since i've posted how is everyone???

anyway the basic bodywork to my car has been completed everything is straight and matt black so looks kinda dodgy i guess.. and the only thing is the dash and the two front seats which have been left in the car. i have a replacement motor in there at the moment 1st gen 3s-ge anyway... i was told if i wanna do a 3sgte swap i would need a gearbox from an st185 and relocate the alternator? is that true?.

Anyway boys i took it for a quick fang around some back streets and my friend has an sx corolla and we raced 1st was easy but once in second i got eaten maybe my gearchange i dunno? most probably felt bad though.... Embarassed i felt top end had nothing on this thing....
any advice just wanna know if we these cars should beat them?
anyway dj cougar,alliance and Rabsy86 (sorry to hear about your car) i got the S2k absolutely awesome!!!! i will come out with you gusy again soon but this time it won't be my beloved 162 as there is no more rego....

Thanks

guys
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to do a 3sgte conversion u do not need a st185 box, u want a st202 lsd that houses the altenator on the other side of where our factory 3sge houses it... otherwise its jsut a strait drop in
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks,

just wanted to know because that was what i have been advised..
anyway where can i get these lsd are they rare?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can also use an MR2 box if you change the selecters - but this topic has been covered a zillion times

you might be able to get an ST202 Celica box from japan through an importer.. or getting one off somebody who brought such a 1/2 cut in for the engine only (my experience)

super impossible to find.. the MR2 ones are much more common. a 185 box will also bolt on (warrior is using on one on his 3SGTE right now) and is stronger than a 162 box.. but open diff..
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i very much advise getting an lsd box if u do that conversion... i know a guy over here that has done it and the car was diabolical on an open diff... he almost stopped driving the car till he got an lsd for it...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy_Leeka wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 12:59

i very much advise getting an lsd box if u do that conversion... i know a guy over here that has done it and the car was diabolical on an open diff... he almost stopped driving the car till he got an lsd for it...

hmm Draza where are you Razz Smile some of the toymods boys are braving the open diff these days
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suppose it depends on 2 things, how many mods and how insane u are lol

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know i think toy_leeka is the only chick who actually has an interest in st162's in this thread...unusual huh? could be wrong though
Toy_Leeka
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, lets just say this... i originally brought my 162 as a "temporary car" till i could find something else i wanted... that was 3 1/2 years ago, i think i got attached to it lol
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think a few people are like that with the st162, some want to sell it and then end up keeping it, i was once like that, but after spending too much, its not worth it and has become quite a good all-round performer.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out, i'd also heard of at160 but thought they were another name for a shit-pov-pack st(not sx) that thing looks grwat.ive seen a pic before but never with the engine up.Where do i get that kit?it rocks. Oh, and welcome kiwi-gal,like the rims on your st162 too.

Oh, guys, if you want fron LSD its cheaper to buy an st202 front cut and do the conversion, which is what im eventually gonna get around to.Maybe not in this 162, but i will def do one.The front cut will be about 2k and that comes with the gen3 3sge goodies! mm....

oh, gettin the car on rollers on 26th Feb so i can work out my max power/RPm etc and adjust my shift light accordingly.Im hoping for about 78kw maybe?!Il replace plugs,leads, clean out everythign and have a catch can in by then too.Il do the timing, run it on vortex(which ive been doing for the last coupla weeks anyway) and pop the bonnet. And $ permitting, maybe even a coil pack on there.

Catcha guys

PS-started trade school/apprenticeship yesterday.looks like im gonna have a workshop to use whenever i want as of next wekk Smile
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey welcome along Libby, I have seen your car on the 4gcelica.net forums before. I don't post there very much, Toymods takes up too much of my time here at work!

Sounds like you have fallen victim to the ST162 spell also....I certainly have no intentions of parting with mine for a while! I think everyone that drives one gets hooked.

As far as I know the GT-R you got in NZ is the same as our SX over here (and GT-S in the states, as mentioned already). Don't know if it's the same as the Japanese market GT-R (which I believe was actually called the 2000GT-R) though.

Later,
Matt
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anybody installed a apexi s-afc on their st162?

what are ur opinions on them?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 15:03

yeah i think a few people are like that with the st162, some want to sell it and then end up keeping it, i was once like that, but after spending too much, its not worth it and has become quite a good all-round performer.

yea at first i didnt have a huge intention of doing alot to the car, but doing alot of research and all makes me really want to do things to it

this also has happened to alliance and rabsy, both have previously gone to sell there st162 but have pulled the sale out and kept it instead, there is something about it.

ohh and good to hear about the car john. btw wats happening with your ssv kit? did you sell it to your friend or can I buy it??

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 11:45]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drft spec - st167 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 17:42

yeah "ST162GT-R" has one on his car atm...

the AT-160 was a total pov pack I think.. just this one was specced up Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a little teaser for you Smile

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06052.jpg

mwha ha I just got my car back today! w00t!
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OHH SEXY ROB... Wink looking good mate... Cant wait to see it on sunday...
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man the first night i got the celica it was bog stock and with the 14in alloys and pin strips i went fromt eh side it a fuckign woman's car i want a VL turbo...i pass them as they change from laughing to a WTF faces... it good!

I'm NEVER SELLING MINE...not worth it and also why...it such i nice car!

Mainly when i got my air con back....yes i have full 3degree air con in my 3s-gte st185 conversion....

i love that at160 euro celica kit...it getting me to think that my new vision of fiberglass shit (making ram air intake atm write up soon) then full door pod sna dhsit shit (got to have a bit of rice) and a custom boot/hatch area... then back to my point...body kit!!!

i need info and pics on twin zorst for the st162...i want it badly...like edwin's and like the at160 and some other 5th gen's in aussie land

Nezza Cool
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drft spec - st167 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 17:42

Yeah i have one, hmm..my opinion so far hasn't been totally flash, had a few problems, eg. if you have a alarm or immobiliser of somesort some don't interact very well together like my old immob. and the car go psycho and shut down, but this could be the ECU playing up rather then SAFC, but when tuned i matched it up with previous dyno sheet without the safc tuned, i looked at the 100km/ph, without i was getting around 60kw atw, and with it around 70kw atw, so big improvement, but pistons kinda weren't hanging in there too well at the time. so if you get it i suggest you get it dyno tuned straight away cause i never had the chance to give it a decent run when getting it back dyno tuned.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 00:11

Oh man he has a GT4 now, ahhh.. Laughing with a 3sge conversion, what the.. Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 07:52

RobST162 wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 00:11

Oh man he has a GT4 now, ahhh.. Laughing with a 3sge conversion, what the.. Laughing

why you little! Very Happy yes it's true it *might* even be classified as rice. Except it is a) conservative and b) factory
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah looks heaps good, at least got the matching side bits for it, so you might a GT1, you need the 3sgte to achieve GT2 status.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but a GT1 would imply ONE wheel drive lol

but you are right of course.. but a super speedy n/a has to count for something Wink
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, then not GT1 how about GTi then, not sure what the "i" would stand for, but at least its not 1 wheel drive. Laughing
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob that looks awesome man, your car just keeps getting better & better. Can't wait to see more pics.

If a FWD with 3SGTE is a GT2, then your car must be a G2 - no turbo so just drop the T!

-Matt
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe I'll just stick with "Modified SX" Very Happy Going to try and wire up the foglights today

edit: Matt, lol, of course.. "G2" it is lol

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 23:47]

ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah rob drives a "G" car yo!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 February 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or maybe GNA2? GN/A2? Or "Modified SX with GT4 front bar"?

Nah just stick with G2 - has a better ring to it!
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 February 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob that looks awesome! i'm major jelous Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 February 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its true
the car is looking hot rob
cant wait to meet ya and your car on sunday
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 February 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what have your worked out for the switch Rob?did find something to have a factory like fit? Guess what guys, started my apprenticeship training yesterday and it looks like my first rotation is gonna be with Mercedes, should be quite nice and clean.

But still gonna work on the yodas.Catcha guys
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 February 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heck they are bright! lol

I have the relay switch running off the parker circuit. I really need a switch lol. StuC.. I will take a switch if it can mount next to the steering column.. I might just pop into a wrecker this week and see if they have a toyota fog-light or demister switch I can pop in.

mmmm yellow.. spent a good 3 hours wiring them up - they look hot

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06055.jpg

and 'nuther one

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06054.jpg

edit: extra pic

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 14:13]

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 February 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam they are bright
shit ay!!
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob - *drool* Damn that's hot!

I need a favour of someone here - if you've lowered your car 30mm could you measure the distance from the center of your front wheel hub to the edge of the guard? I dont think my car is sitting right - it seems a bit high at the front... Confused
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 30mm lowered King springs on mine mate, just measured from the top of the wheelarch to the centre of the wheel and it was 328mm (as near as I could figure by eye).

Hope that helps!

-Matt
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I have never really been happy with the fit of the front spoiler lip of my car, so last night I finally got under there to have a look. Turns out I am missing 4 of the screw/clip assemblies that hold the lip to the bottom of the front bumper.

I am also missing one of the screw/clips that holds the centre section of the lip to the side section. It's a fairly flat headed screw with a hex head (10mm) and philips cross in it too, the one that screws into the bottom of the spoiler from underneath.

Here's a pic of them:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/bb4724bf.jpg

I need 4 of the one on the left (lip/front bumper) and one of the right one in the pic. Anyone got any spares? Every ST162 I have seen at a wrecker has the whole front end missing, so no joy there.

As for what finally spurred me to start getting the front spoiler lip sorted........I'll post that soon!

-Matt
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 01:12

Heck they are bright! lol

I have the relay switch running off the parker circuit. I really need a switch lol. StuC.. I will take a switch if it can mount next to the steering column.. I might just pop into a wrecker this week and see if they have a toyota fog-light or demister switch I can pop in.

mmmm yellow.. spent a good 3 hours wiring them up - they look hot

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06055.jpg

and 'nuther one

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06054.jpg

edit: extra pic

Wow Rob, that looks great!

Hey you might already know this, but all the mid-late 80's Toyota's seemed to have the same size ancillary switches, so finding one that will look factory shouldn't be too hard.

I used to own an '88 4Runner and I ended up with some spare switches when I bought a new centre console for it from a Surf. One of these was the rocker switch that operated the electric rear window, and I have now rigged it up to control the up/down movement of my radio antenna and mounted it in the dash right next to the deck (where the cruise control switch would normally be, my car doesn't have it).

I did this because my deck moves the antenna up as soon as it's switched on, regardless of whether you're in CD, changer or radio mode. I don't listen to the radio much, so I wanted to be able to keep it down in CD/changer mode.

Anyway here's a pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/151ec0f2.jpg

It used to have "BACK WINDOW" written in the centre, I got rid of that with some polishing compound. The two spare switch holes next to the steering column are options for mounting these as well.

Let us know what you find!

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey matt that's awesome thanks!

i got a proper fog-light switch out of a wrecked MA61 here in sydney $10, the icons are heaps faded but it's the right switch, and black! woot! just gotta wire it up. I hope I don't get busted for the lights tonight.

I have two little push button switches for my antenna but would love a rocker switch with proper toyota fitting-ness Smile

And for my sub control too

re: those little clips, I just scored a handful for me at a wrecker. Most of the time matt you will find that the lip itself is gone, but they have those clips still stuck on around the place.

However, I rigged up my own setup when I had that bar and it worked much better, was more durable, stronger and about the same ease of install.. I will take a pic a bit later and post it up
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:
Silly me for ordering the Mr2 rails thinking it would fit the st162. it doesn't!!!! Embarassed
So I have a Bride seat with no rail, and a rail that doesn't fit my car. I've posted a topic in the For Sale section for the single drivers rail and if anyone here knows anyone who wants a bride rail than let me know.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 switch sounds like it will be perfect Rob, is it the same rectangular shape that can just slide into our dash?

If you want a rocker switch for your antenna well you know which one to go for now! All 4Runners had an electric rear window so just look on the centre console in front of the console bin and you should find one! Wiring it up is a bit tricky (you have to use a relay to make it do what you want) but if you or any other ST162 owners out there ever do it let me know and I can guide you thru.

Re ST162's at wreckers, every one I have seen has the entire front bumper assembly, grille, lights etc missing. Seems like everyone prangs the front end of these cars and nothing else. Same deal when a guy was wrecking one in his front yard once. *sigh*......I'll find a grille one day!! (Mines cracked) Would be keen to see how you mounted your front lip though, thanks for your offer!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 05:48]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow I guess I got lucky!

ok Matt, well here is how I fixed my lip when I had it (I just took these photos now, as the whole bumper is sitting on the ground outside my room)

You can make the "washer" out of thin aluminium sheeting or whatever if you can't find a proper part, or perhaps just some big washers, but I used these because they slotted nicely under the folded over bit and gave lots of surface area.

After endless headaches with the bar being loose I had not a single problem since doing this, and I didn't have to chase up impossible to find parts.

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06056.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06057.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06058.jpg

And some other stuff I have that maybe you want???

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06059.jpg

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a great idea Rob, I'll definitely give that a go!

Hm, that's the update grille, I have the original style. I know to change to that one you need the indicators as well (which you probably don't have). Maybe I'll get mine plastic welded one day or something, but I am still always on the lookout.

If you have any of the screws/clips that hold the grille on, I'd be interested......mine is held in a couple of places by zip ties - whoever repaired this thing (I know it was in a minor front end accident before I owned it) was pretty dodgy!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 05:46]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah I haven't got any of the grill things

and I do have both indicators here, but they are not perfect condition

this grill has two small cracks in it as well, whick could be pertty easily fixed I think..

anyway.. yeah
kenevill
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you keen to sell that front bar rob? Very Happy
you pm'd me a while ago about selling it but i didn't realise how rare they were to find, and mine is cracked Sad
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob...stealing Mcgyver's ideas and taking creditfor it...mmmm No No No Razz cant wait to get my car back. looking good u mongrel.

I acquired the ma61 switch 2 weeks ago as well...but I have no car Sad doh

Matt. I know someone who has a perfect grille . i asked him the price an PM'd it to you

Karl
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl: I'm thinking....... Smile

Anyways, last week I was in Autobarn (Bundall) getting some stuff, when I walked past something that caught my eye. I have always wanted to get some nice driving lights that would fit down in the spoiler lip a la Edwin's car as shown:

http://www.tccn.nl/st162/forsale/t16-fogs-02.jpg

Well I came across this set of lights which just happened to be on special, and at first glance they looked to be perfect!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/9bfb4f74.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/510d521f.jpg

Some quick measuring with the stores ruler showed that they are indeed ideal for this location. And the bonus was they were on special - $100 down from $150! Last night I test fitted them in the location (just squeezed them in, no mounting brackets or anything) and I thought I might share with you how they looked as a kind of preview:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/6cb077c0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/bccf5437.jpg

I think they look pretty good, can't wait to hook them up for real! They come with everything - all wiring, relays, fuses, switch etc, and they look pretty simple to install going by the instructions. The only thing I'm not overly keen on is the switch (below), but I might try and wire something else in its place. Obviously there are two bulbs in each, I'd say ones a focused beam for straight ahead, and the other disperses outwards more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/macca_1972/fab6dd61.jpg

I'll be making up some custom brackets to mount them, looking around under my spoiler last night it looks like something that hangs from the front of the chassis rail will do, since each of those is right above these locations.

So I thought I'd post this in case anyone else likes them too, just in case they disappear or something. Not sure if all Autobarns have them, just have to go and find out.

I'll keep y'all posted!

-Matt
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:14

Rob...stealing Mcgyver's ideas and taking creditfor it...mmmm No No No Razz cant wait to get my car back. looking good u mongrel.

Matt. I know someone who has a perfect grille . i asked him the price an PM'd it to you

Karl

I hope you are just stirring. I am not trying to take credit for it man! Wink It's just that I have DONE it and you haven't. Razz you and all your "Rob never gets around to anything" complaints lol.. most of which are true

But yes, everybody, Karl suggested we look for in such cars as an MA61 for a complementary switch.

Matt - they look nice man! Did you know that MA61 Celica-Supras have a fog light switch you could use and would slot in perfectly! You should try looking for one of those. Very Happy

*runs and hides*
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 23:09

warrior wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:14

Karl

I hope you are just stirring. I am not trying to take credit for it man! Wink It's just that I have DONE it and you haven't. Razz you and all your "Rob never gets around to anything" complaints lol.. most of which are true

But yes, everybody, Karl suggested we look for in such cars as an MA61 for a complementary switch.

Matt - they look nice man! Did you know that MA61 Celica-Supras have a fog light switch you could use and would slot in perfectly! You should try looking for one of those. Very Happy

*runs and hides*

your an idiot...thats not what I meant.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe

whoops.. you know we are a close community when we start fighting Wink Or is that just normal forum behaviour..

We must guard the integrity of the 162 thread... the Greatest and Mightiest of all the threads.

I am going to stop before I dig some hole for myself reading things into posts that aren't there lol and writing crap when I should be in bed

it's all good... I am paranoid about being pulled over with my lights now, as I can't turn them off till I get this switch wired up - got flashed by someone already
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooooooh the cardinal sin of not maintaining the integrity of the 162 thread. crowd says "aaaaahhhhhhh"

why did u hook them up to your parkers . why didnt u run "THEE SWITCH" .I wouldnt want those in my face either.

they are extremely bright dude. maybe we will get them going properly.

BTW. I get my car back tomorrow arvo Very Happy Very Happy

should be able to post some results
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 February 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
that's sick that you get your car back mate! awesome!

they aren't THAT bright.. lol

I want the switch running in combination with the parker circuit, so that they turn on IF your parkers are on (or better) AND the switch is on... late model subarus do this and I would guess that is how most cars do.

look forward to the figures mate! that's awesome and I am sure it will be a good result for all your hard work
Pages (63): [ «  <  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 21:22:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13375496864319 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.