Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 06:06 Go to next message
G'day all,
I own an MA61 and i am really attached to it. does anyone else get sad at the thought of selling there beloved Toyota... Cause there is another car i want but i love the MA61
  Send a private message to this user    
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I sold my first car, I was sad to see my Volvo 360 GLT drive off with its new owner. Since then, moving onto bigger and better things has always out weighed any sadness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/jledley/Stuff/Cars/84Volvo360.jpg

I still love you girl...

[Updated on: Sat, 05 February 2005 06:29]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just want to keep all my cars but my bank account says NO
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 17:30

i just want to keep all my cars but my bank account says NO

I am in the same situation... But now I am living on water and bread... Amazing how much money you save... Oh... I stop junk food as well...

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 17:06

G'day all,
I own an MA61 and i am really attached to it. does anyone else get sad at the thought of selling there beloved Toyota... Cause there is another car i want but i love the MA61

Why are you talking like this..? You don't own an MA61. You become obsessed with it. And once you have become obsessed with it for enough time, there will be no another car...
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 22:18

Why are you talking like this..? You don't own an MA61. You become obsessed with it. And once you have become obsessed with it for enough time, there will be no another car...

Welcome to Celica-Supra Anonymous (I suffer the same fate)
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck really.. cause when i had the RA60 i liked it but not like the MA61.
my dad's gf had one not so long ago,
MA61,5ME, Auto,JDM model (moon roof, cruise)
and i swear it was the best car i ever drove.
so i went to QLD bought one drove it down to sydney in 40c heat and threw up on the boat.. just for one car
and i love my car, but i also want another Mad
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been lucky until now. my first car i sold to my brother and hes giving it the life it deserves...my 2nd car ive been trying to sell for so long now, to spend on my 3rd car. i sold the 2nd car today and it hasnt really hit me yet but i know i'll shed a tear when i see her drive away.....
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bet if i sold the MA61 and bought something awesome tho, it would sort of compensate.. like an RX8 !!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No... The only thing that could even come close to compensating my MA61..
Hrmm... either a porsche gt2 or a jza80 off its tits.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car i am looking at is a Mitsubishi GTO 3000GT VR-4 do u think that compensates ?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God no. But that's my personal opinion I guess. Everyone to their own.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they MA61 has a classic look to it,
but the GTO looks fucking sexy... mind u its the only quailty misubishi ever made
they weigh about 1700 but 3L v6 twin turdbo!! 4WD.. 0-100 in 5.3
1/4 mile in 14.1
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sat, 05 February 2005 23:17

No... The only thing that could even come close to compensating my MA61..
Hrmm... either a porsche gt2 or a jza80 off its tits.

GOOD MAN!
Glad to see you know where it's at! Very Happy
Take the RZ JZA80 though Smile
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't look THAT sexy..
And the only quality car Mitsubishi ever made? Are you forgetting the Lancer GSR?

Do you guys wanna read a Motor Trend Article I've got?
I'll post it up on another thread.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh woops yes forgot the lancer!!! but i spose that is it.. I dunno its hard to choose. the GTO is a very ncie looking car and quite quick
1990 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (0>100 5.3) (1/4 Mile 13.Cool
1984 Toyota Supra (0>100 8.7) (1/4Mile 16.Cool
Yes i do know the difference. not only age wise but turbo's etc etc, but to get the MA61 to the state of a JZA61 to compete with these figures would basically cost me the same as the GTO.
I hate having to decide. Maybe i should get both.. leave the MA61 as it is and get a GTO. but i know the MA61 wouldn't get driven if i had the GTO cause the GTO is more a of a possers car!!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sat, 05 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno 'bout you, but the MA61 chassis begs for more power. If you worry that the 1jz conversion will cost too much money why not do the 7mgte? Pretty much a bolt on job. The money you save you can do some minor mods to it.

A slightly modded 7mgte in an MA61 is no slouch.

Quote:

GOOD MAN!
Glad to see you know where it's at!
Take the RZ JZA80 though

Definitely the RZ. The SZ's are pretty disappointing. But they still look sexy though.

*dreams*

Yian
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem with a 7M turbo is the 7M engine!! i have heard they are shit, Apart from a money issue, i hear a 1JZ is no more effort to put in than the 7M if u get teh 1JZ mounts. Mind u the 7M is cheaper!!. Maybe i should 7M turbo the MA61 then sell it later down the line and get something newer!! i love the supra tho
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m's are shit? I beg to differ. I know of 4 7mgte MA61's in Melbourne, and we ain't got no problems with the 7m. Mechanically, all the associated problems that you have heard may arise can be fixed with proper handling.

And yes, I don't know what a 1jz would feel like in an MA61, but I'm more than happy with the 7mgte in mine.

Yian
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spose i should opt for a 7M for the time being. What does it go like.. wat can u beat ?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What does it go like? Errmm.. it goes hard. Hard enough for my liking. As for what I can beat.. I don't race on the streets Razz .

I can only assume that if I was to flat-stick it, not many cars would keep up.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool that is good to hear.. wat mods hae u done and how much did it cost u
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not much. Just a bleed valve, unifilter and 2.5" exhaust all the way back (with a normal 2.5" muffler, not one of them space shuttle nozzles). Dyno'ed in at 152rwkw on 10 or 11psi, I can't remember now. It had a shitload of torque too, and when I say a shitload, I aint kidding man.

Before I did the conversion, I changed all the suspension components, got slotted discs up front and good pads and took apart the engine to put all new seals. All up I think it cost me around 6k. But thats me, this conversion can be done of a budget much less smaller than mine.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im obsessed. Add me to the list.

You will kick yourself when you find out someone has written it off after you sell it.

A worked MA61 will turn more heads due to the WTF!! factor!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 18:01

A worked MA61 will turn more heads due to the WTF!! factor!

Damned straight. Sometimes I wish I had a side mounted camera just to capture the reaction of the boy racers in their bodykitted up cars when they realise they just picked the wrong car ... Evil or Very Mad

*edit.. missed out a couple of words.. working all night does that to you.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 07:30]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 17:42

Not much. Just a bleed valve, unifilter and 2.5" exhaust all the way back (with a normal 2.5" muffler, not one of them space shuttle nozzles). Dyno'ed in at 152rwkw on 10 or 11psi, I can't remember now. It had a shitload of torque too, and when I say a shitload, I aint kidding man.

Before I did the conversion, I changed all the suspension components, got slotted discs up front and good pads and took apart the engine to put all new seals. All up I think it cost me around 6k. But thats me, this conversion can be done of a budget much less smaller than mine.

do you think 2.5" is enough, just outta interest?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I think 2.5" is perfect if the turbo is standard. The standard CT26 turbo elbow is fairly restrictive so going any bigger isnt gunna give significant gains. If and once the turbo elbow has been changed to a free-er flowing 3" item, I can't see why a 3" exhaust isnt on the agenda?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting... you know 4 7mgte supras in melbourne?! who?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ermm.. not sure if they want to be know, but I will PM you.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you cant have everything you want....

I want a 1988 MUSTANG COBRA, An MZ21 Soarer and an E55 mercedes...but it aint gonna happen!
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Sun, 06 February 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Sun, 06 February 2005 17:15

I spose i should opt for a 7M for the time being. What does it go like.. wat can u beat ?

Mate, when i got my 7MGTE going in the crown wagon, with auto and tired suspension, i was neck and neck with a V8 commonwhore from the lights till i ran out of nuts at 140, but that was thru Parramatta Naughty me, oops.

Surprised the commonwhore driver tho Shocked

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2005 20:31]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD i take back what i said about the 7m i saw one belonging to a member of this forum and it was very fast and he told me he had no problems so far and this thing was very VERY fast i was impressed.
I didn't get a chance to ride in it but my mate was VERY impressed.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, my missus shat her pants when she drove it back to Melbourne from Geelong. She said its definitely faster than any car she's been in. Personally I've been in faster cars, but I haven't spent a quarter of what they have Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mookie - who's the chick in your avatar, and can I have her?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol no mate her name is lisa she is mine, well she will be.
she says when i've saved up enough money i can stay with her in cyprus when i go on holiday there.
The hot girls/weather/club what more could u want ??????
It's the only photo that i have that looks good that small.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well
I got my sights set on someone else anyway Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol hopfully alot closer aswell.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 12:50

Heh, my missus shat her pants when she drove it back to Melbourne from Geelong. She said its definitely faster than any car she's been in. Personally I've been in faster cars, but I haven't spent a quarter of what they have Very Happy

Damn Straight Exclamation

I wish my MA61 is just as quick but with the 5M-E, I am happy with what I have except the consumption of petrol...

One day I'll get the engine conversion done... one day Nod

Cheers.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its the cheap one on j-spec that u are buying then good luck

prepare to have your p00-hymen annihilated by maintenance costs, you'll really be crying for your ma61 then.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 14:27

prepare to have your p00-hymen annihilated by maintenance costs, you'll really be crying for your ma61 then.

WTF ?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm i have just never heard anyone every say anything good about a 7M-GTE they all just say they are an old heap of shit. so that is y i didn't really want to go down that path as people also add that they always run into problems etc etc. I assume its liuke nay engien if well looked after it will last alot longer!
And being a cheaper swap to most other turbo'd engine i spose i should opt for this one! and if u say it beats commodores then its good enough for me and hobarts 95% Vk drivers hehehe! I bet my car would become known pretty quick down here in old tassie if i started beating every commodore on the block!!! andi bet it owuld be known as... that "old white supra"!!!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh right i forgot your from tassie Rolling Eyes

you say your looking at buying a 3000GTO

i say

here is the cheap one on j-spec
http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=2001

as for the second part of my quote

this means: "seeing as tho you didnt understand what i was on about and made me have to type up this detailed explaination, i think you should buy this car, especially if u have to get a loan to afford it". Rolling Eyes
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH i get wat u said now.. U can't tell me that u wouldn't like a super car tho ? and i do love my MA61
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Selling car sadness Mon, 07 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous message
TRD_Supra wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 15:04

OH i get wat u said now.. U can't tell me that u wouldn't like a super car tho ? and i do love my MA61

For me and my budget, nothing beats the MA61 in my opinion for "WTF" factor at the lights when people look at the car and if I upgraded the engine, then they can admire the back end of the MA61 as I floor it saying "WTF" was that? (from a respayed tailgate with no stickers/badges Very Happy )

But all that is a dream... For now... Nod

*Yian, Chime in now... It's time...

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Redline MT90 is AWESOME
Next Topic:AE93 or AE86 or SW20
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 15:12:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077338218688965 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar