Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Horn not horning ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 10:42 Go to next message
checked the fuse no problems ...

checked the contact, seems fine, i can hear a "click" under the dash where the relay for the horn is, but the horn is not horning ..

could the relay be farked ? or is the horn farked ?

opinions please ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
help ?
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the same thing in my old car once. The click came from a relay (or at least i think it was a relay). There was a small group of them together. It was simply not plugged in correctly. I took it out, bent the metal back in shape and put it back. Bam!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine seems to be plugged in ok ... let me try that again in the morning thanks

any other ideas ?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Run a new wire.Mine stopped 2 days after i bought my car, checked everything you had.How olds the wiring?With mine it had just gotten old and deteriorated, cost me 60bux at an auto elec coz i couldnt be farked
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a normal battery (the squareish ones) and put it dorectly on the horn, does it work? horn stuffed

secondly disconnect the horn wires from the horn and put a test light in there and then press the horn, does it light up? wiring issue

once again woth the test light put it on the relay and press the horn, does it light up? relay issue ( to know which wires they usually (relays) have diagrams on top to show internal wiring)
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which is the horn .. i catually have not taken one out before ! haha
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the front near the radiator, normally bolted onto the radiator suport. its a roound flat black thing normally with two wires going into it.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you find that the horn works after putting 12 volts directly to it the next thing to check is if the back of the steering wheel boss is making a connection with the contact pin inside the steering column shroud. Unless you can see thru the gap between the back of the wheel and the top of the column, you will need to either a) pull the steering wheel off or b) pull the column shroud off.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys u MAY find this funny ... i can't .. find .. the horn ...

i cant find it on the celica and the vienta but NOT the laser .. assistance ?

as i mentioned before the relay makes a click but no horning sound .. do u think it is the relay ??

time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the vienta it sits behind the bar in the middle of the radiator support (i think), but not at the top towards the middle-bottom of the reo.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know where it is on the vienta man ... but that horn works ... its the LASER's Horn im talking about Shocked
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates horn thingy is bolted to a support behind the right headlight, hes got them pop up light thingos (its a 323 astina)

just check around, better yet, find a set of wires leading to the front of the car and just follow them Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool

what are the chances that the horn itself is not working ??

how does a horn work anyway ??

in the steering wheel ... leads to steering wheel contact, which is connected to the battery, via a fuse .... leads to a "relay" ..... leads to the actual horn in the engine bay ... is that it ?

so my guess it that only a few things can go wrong

fuse
contact
relay
actual horn

what can be wrong with the relay though .. i dont think the actual horn would be fucked
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sat, 12 February 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 22:22

so my guess it that only a few things can go wrong

fuse
contact
relay
actual horn

chances are your horns not fucked, chances are you fuse isnt fucked, chances are your contact isnt fucked.

which leaves you with about 5 options.. the wires connecting the items, leading from battery to horn, and the relay, im not going to pretend i know anything about relays.

but my bet is a wires either been cut through or wobbled itself loose...

good luck
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 13 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok .. gonna get back at it now
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 13 February 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 11:08

Maybe that's why it doesn't work.
Have you just bought the car?
Has the horn ever worked since you've owned the car?

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2005 07:45]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 13 February 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 18:44

Les wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 11:08

Maybe that's why it doesn't work.
Have you just bought the car?
Has the horn ever worked since you've owned the car?

hahahah !!! funny cunt

its all good, worked out what it was ... it WAS the horn unit itself ..

TIPS

1) check fuse
2) check contact on steering wheel
3) find the bloody horn in the engine bay (it was hiding behind the RHS indicator so I had to pop it out and the light also, yes i finally found and yes BradW, my car HAS a horn, just one that stopped horning!!)
4) test that power is getting to the horn unit with a test light .. which it was not .. thus meaning the horn was fuked
5) buy new one (test it out at wrecker, ask for a battery!!! i tested 6 before i finally found one that actually worked!)

DONE

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2005 07:54]

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 13 February 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to see you fixed it.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, just throwing in a possibility. I've seen a few cars that people have recently purchased ( don't know if this is the case for you )and they complain that something doesn't work.When you check it you find that parts have been removed and not replaced Shocked .

Brad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Horn not horning ?? Sun, 13 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous message
cool bro !! i dont take much to heart from these forums !! but thatks for the heads up
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta22 front brake upgrade. what to use/how to do it
Next Topic:Coilovers for celica 86 ST162 - 3sfe
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 08:57:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.072821140289307 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.