Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 08:22 Go to next message
dont beat me up or anything my bro showed me that the chinese initial d movie made 3 new 86's Shocked

who ever gets these will be murdered by me ><
  Send a private message to this user    
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was this the actually movie or a volume number?

Cheers
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chinese? Laughing
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actual real life movie, not anime
with hong kong stars, try and get the preview i gotto admit its good. none of that anime 500km drift
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so toyota japan made 3 new 86's for the movie ?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's just a bogus rumour.

if you take a look at the cars, it's pretty shabby.
You could tell buy the way the doors closes.

Hell, even the R32 and the FD3S looks tired and old.

Besides, it really wouldn't work if KT goes

"I am not gonna get my ass kicked by a 10 y.o. junker"
and a brand new hachiroku flies past.

Want confirmation?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/shcao/id11.jpg

Now tell me that looks new
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the trailer looks prettey low budget but has some cool driftin with takumi's panda hatchi roku
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh then if u got that pic u would have went to the main site where it said in bullet points
http://www.flora-fleur.net/actzero/others.html

"Toyota was called upon to build three new Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno's especially for the movie. "
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is the link for the making of the inital d movie

http://initialsource.com/~go2id/finaldistance/Maki ngofInitialD.wmv
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't they get people that resemble the characters a little bit better?
The only one who looks the part is Jordan Chan.
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poh_86 wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 19:22

dont beat me up or anything my bro showed me that the chinese initial d movie made 3 new 86's Shocked

who ever gets these will be murdered by me ><

So are you planning to get your hands on it? And I would beat you up if you were planning to murder me. Cool
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 01:41

Couldn't they get people that resemble the characters a little bit better?
The only one who looks the part is Jordan Chan.

I know ha... Edison Chen should play as Keisuke, because they look-alike, not as Ryousuke.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 15:34]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Low budget? Hmmmmm has some pretty big HK names in there for those in the know.
I think Jay Chou is dumb and stupid and goofy lookin, I thought he'd ruin the movie himself.... hmmm but when u think about it, GAY Chou's appearance matches Takumi's braindeadness.

I think Anthony Wong matches Bunta if it has to be chinese and not japanese actors... Then again besides the language and mentality, how many anime character's apperance match a japanese or even an asian's look.

Baaah ut I think Edison is a lil too young and fresh looking for Ryosuke who is meant to have a bit of a verteran's flare...

I heard that the joint in japan known as the "AE86 Specialty Store" (site that has that restored Black Limited for stupendous yen) donated some restored zenki truenos????
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh they would have probly been recondition ones, if they could make 3 new ones, dont u think they would be pumping out more out of the production lines to make a few more bucks out of it?
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look on the bright side. At least it was'nt made in hollywood. then you'd have Chris rock as Takumi and Jackie Chan as Bunta. Halle Berry as "Random Love Interest". "Some White Boy" as Keisuke ('cause asians dont have blonde hair)

From here ed could be Ryosuke and shane could be the annoying one with the 85, Laughing

At least they got the number plates right
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul walker as blondie boy Keisuke Laughing

By "3 new trueno's" I think they mean they restored 3 cars completely to match a new pandas appearance.

I dont think its low budget. Just because its not overthetop hollywood blockbuster style then doesnt mean it doesnt have a budget.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was gonna say,

y'know how much effort it will take to set up a production line *again* just to build 3 new trueno's.

I think they are either refurbished units fitted with new 'plastics and fittings'. Or toyota donated museum pieces.

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well actually . . . . . . . .

The spare parts division of most companies keep EVERYTHING in stock, or contract the suppliers to keep the tooling to push parts back into production. You'll most likely find that Toyota has rack after rack after rack of complete "bodies in white" of various models stored neatly away in a warehouse somewhere. You'll often read of dudes in street machine ordering a complete bodyshell, along with doors, glass, seals, trim strips etc. to rebuild their toy.

A bit like Grandpa's axe, eh?

p.s. - they would have been handbuilt Hachi's, with all new components from Toyota spare parts. - Probably would've cost $3million each, with Toyota's parts pricing ! ! ! !

Edit: Want a Monaro? Can't afford the $60k+ asking price?

Buy a VXII Commodore that's been crunched in the rear, and nick ALL of its running gear, as well as the front half of the interior (including the carpet if it's the sedan). Grab the front panels, bonnet, bumper, lights, underbonnet stuff - everything! - Even grab the boot's rear trim panel and taillights.

Ring your local Holden dealership and order 1 VX Monaro bodyshell (with doors and bootlid), as well as the roof lining, and A/B/C pillar trim panels, parcel shelf carpet + stoplight, glass etc.. Ship the shell + panels off to your fave panel shop for an inside & out respray, put it all in a shed and start building!

Hurrah ! !

You Should get it done for $20->30k, depending on what you pay for the donor wreck (N/A V6 auto monaro anyone? Laughing )

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2005 22:56]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but i have to say that its gonna be a pretty kool movie

but i have to say the actors all of them dont match the anime... but i dont really take notice as i'm gonna be amazed at the dorifto Very Happy

Also, i'd rather see the real drivers drifting those cars..... i highly doubt edison and that can drift... Confused
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i recko edison should be keisuke

but also they should put in nick tse, give him back his banged up ferrari and give him a few drinks and get that on camera again Laughing

i cant wait to see it, it looks extremely impressive esp the drifts they ripped up.

as for the toyotas, they prob coulda gone to the warehouse and rebuilt using the spare parts?

thats an idea of "new toyota"
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i agree there are some big names but only 7million for a inital d the movie i think 20mil would make for a movie that is going to live up to the cartoons. Worst thing that could happen is that the movie turns out crap.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Mon, 07 February 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 10:24

yeah i agree there are some big names but only 7million for a inital d the movie i think 20mil would make for a movie that is going to live up to the cartoons. Worst thing that could happen is that the movie turns out crap.

No. The worsed thing that could happen is that Hollywood picks it up, gives it a 150mill budget, and even MORE morons run of to buy 86 to drift into walls so the price of all your parts keep going up and up and up. Not to mention the extra police attention.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Tue, 08 February 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 10:27

No. The worsed thing that could happen is that Hollywood picks it up, gives it a 150mill budget, and even MORE morons run of to buy 86 to drift into walls so the price of all your parts keep going up and up and up. Not to mention the extra police attention.

oh man totally agreed man...!!

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Tue, 08 February 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota did NOT make a new trueno for the movies... they are used

shiri
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Tue, 08 February 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 11:01

Shraka wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 10:27

oh man totally agreed man...!!

Yeah, that'd be Pox-City ! Mad

Teh Fasszt & teh Phuriusz has done enough damage.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: TOYOTA MADE 3 NEW TRUENO'S Tue, 08 February 2005 07:43 Go to previous message
it'll happen!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Videos
Next Topic:15 year import rule abolished!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 20:02:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084941387176514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.