Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ATTN: early celica owners

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon1.gif  ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:13 Go to next message
heya guys, just in regard to the headlamp conversion kits that are avalible for the early car with sealded beams, i have pcked up a pair of high beam 100watt sealed HELLA lamps for just $60 for both. if you are interested, contact:
REPCO at hornsby on 94890253
part no. 1094

hope this is helpfull
JUZZO
  Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the inside high beam only lights or the outside high/low lights?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, its only the inside HIGH BEAMS, not the high/lows.
there is also a good H4 conversion kit avalible for the high/lows, which i will be doing soon, when more financial. will post model/parts number done
JUZZO
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are the conections like? direct swap?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you do is get the two wires and screw the old terminals onto the back of the new beam, i did this just the other day, it took my no more that 15 minutes to remove replace and wire both the high beams into the car, its easy as piss, and a great way to get rid of those old dull stocko beams.
JUZZO
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. I'm going to replace all of em.. get the brightest highs I can get.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah nice, geoff has just done the full conversion, and bright is being modest, its FARKING HUUGE. with the H4 high/lows, you can buy NARVA 130/100, wich is 130 watt high and 100 watt low, so that way you can run more than 400 watts of HIGH beam.
Just wait till some one flashes you cause your lights are so bright, but what they have not realised is that its not all you lights, so what do you do, you do what and person that has just been high beemed does, you give em all the LIGHTS YOU GOT, 400watts road rage.
HE HE, MY BAD Rolling Eyes
JUZZO
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - i just bought a set of 150 watt clear lense lights off a ra23 rallycar for 30 bux - plugged the bastards in - and off we went - mind you id already swapped the outers to plug in type bulbs - not sealed beams with new wiring and fuses and stuff ..

on high beam i have two 110 watt outers , and two 150 inners thats 520 watts of high beam brightness Smile

bugs melt before they hit the glass Smile

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NICE, you must be a DEMON when it comes to HIGH BEAM.
LOVE IT MAN.
JUZZO Laughing
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope you're running all this new found wattage thru relays? otherwise watch your wiring......it will burn if left on for a long time...

um, what is the go with this conversion anyway, the TA22's lights are dismal, does it replace it with a semi sealed beam - and - how do you change the normal low beams to something more acceptable?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Sun, 17 November 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you buy the lights from like repco or auto one, all you do is modify the wiring to suit, and then all you do is just bolt the lights in. its a reall easy job, as long as you know how to wiring a relay in the original harness.
JUZZO
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ATTN: early celica owners Mon, 18 November 2002 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - heavier relays are there - alternator grinds out more jooce too i think ( had it rebuilt to give more zap )

u had the outer sealed replaced with semi sealed globes ( halogen ) for low and high beam , and high beam also kicking in the center clear glass spotties

cost me about 90 bux all up to do not including the new lenses ( all the electrical stuff ) and nods - it really illuminates - but i still want more light !

going to replace the shitty parker lights with some narva style driving lights of similar size - and then relocate the parker lights onto the outer lenses as well ( semi sealed has the facilities to swap these buggers in )
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
icon3.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Mon, 18 November 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a warning i bought a set of H4 leses and they were pretty thin glass (like most headlights) and i got a mega stonechip in the first 2 weeks. Crying or Very Sad
you can get a thick plastic film (i saw it in auto 1) that you just cut out and stick onto your lenses for a smooth invisible finish but will suposedly protect them from a faily large rock Smile
which i important if you want to have your iluminated road rage devices for a long time Evil or Very Mad
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: ATTN: early celica owners Tue, 19 November 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sitck on film goes a brown colour after a few months Sad
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon13.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Tue, 19 November 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, im familier with that light film, it look ugly and cheap when its been on the car for a little while, cause the heat of the lamps effect the plastic and it turns to YUK.
JUZZO
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ATTN: early celica owners Wed, 20 November 2002 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the plastic cover guards that go over the lights melt too - mine fried within one night - doesnt help having the wattage my lights put out though ..
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon14.gif  Re: ATTN: early celica owners Wed, 20 November 2002 20:38 Go to previous message
NICE, i would love to see those lights.
I would not wanna piss you off at night, that is unless i bought my sunnies.
JUZZO
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Creaking noises
Next Topic:Sister's new car starting/idleing problems...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 09:20:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16019797325134 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.