Toymods » General Car Talk » RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon4.gif  RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sat, 12 February 2005 01:10 Go to next message
My Friend who owns a muffler shop, has an unbelievably original 1982 RA60 2 litre in his garage that is absolutely immac. With just under 160000k. He has owned it since new and he is obsessive with the maintenance of this thing. He is considering letting this thing go to the right person for the right money.
The car has gas shocks, no leaks, pristine interior, immac paint (blue/grey). Lovely car. Perfect for a twin turbo conversion or a stock car enthusiast Its like a time warp when you see it. Always covered and garaged for its whole life.
He is keen to see wether any fellow enthusiasts who are interested in his car. he asked me to put it on this forum to check wether there are any interested people out there?
I will be getting some photos next week of it.
What do you celica guys think?

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 08:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sat, 12 February 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd pay $3k tops, but only if it's as mint as you say it is. Like NO rust, perfect interior etc. If you're planning a turbo conversion I'd recommend against an RA60 though; starting with an RA65 will make life easier, and they look heaps better IMO.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sat, 12 February 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't want it but i'm trying to see if there is any interest on his behalf. I think 3K is a little bit too low.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sun, 13 February 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a situation of supply and demand though.

There is a supply of one awesome RA60, and a demand of zero people who want an awesome RA60 for the money it may be worth.

People who buy RA60's buy them because they are cheap as chips generally, not because it is their dream car.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sun, 13 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly. And in a world where an average-condition RA60 sells for $1500, $3k is actually a pretty high price.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sun, 13 February 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell him to keep the thing mate ... not many people are fans of the ra60 ... or the ra65 ... cuz .. they actually look hideous .. yes i know i drive one, but thats the sad fact .. !

$3k is too low though .. someone MIGHT pay 4 to 4.5k for it if he is lucky .. i.e. the person absolutely loves ra60's
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sun, 13 February 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i didn't think it was a popular model but i said i'd help him so...we'll see
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth Sun, 13 February 2005 23:56 Go to previous message
They are not ugly I love them and so do my friends and family (no shit !)
I think he would be better off keeping for another 10 years or so and then selling it.
if anybody does buy it it would be a great investment.
as for the price i've seen a '82 model colt with 52,000 on the clock go for more than 3 grand.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg
Next Topic:DBA discount?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 19:31:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12858390808105 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.