Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » ST-205 half cut on Ebay

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
ST-205 half cut on Ebay Mon, 14 February 2005 00:55 Go to next message
Hi Guys

Figured someone might be interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=32624&item=4527683355&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

It appears to be a ST205 half cut with a frontmount instead of the water to air IC and a big custom turbo and exhaust manifold setup.

I have no affilliation with the people or business advertising this.
  Send a private message to this user    
wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Mon, 14 February 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would feel dodge about buying a half cut that has been modded up.. you don't know the kind of arse kicking someone has given it.. how hard they have pushed it... at least you know with a stock half cut they can't have flogged it more then the designer guides
stockheight
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Tue, 15 February 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all, just out of curiosity would anybody out there be able to guess the likely mods done to this 205? any ideas as to what the anodised red thing just before the inlet is? btw fair call wyldie. cheers guys
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Tue, 15 February 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, but if it were in Sydney I'd be very tempted to put in a bid on the assumption that the engine is dead.

I'd get plenty of value from the upgraded turbo setup for my engine and the 4 spot brakes. Then I could keep the engine to build into a monster and sell off all the other ST205 parts to get back some of the money. I'm sure that ST205 bonnet could be sold for a few bucks, not to mention the gearbox is pretty damn popular.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 00:25]

wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Tue, 15 February 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well looking at the trubo.. it aint stock.. it has a custom manifold on it.. and if you look at it.. the intake is facing the altanator not the battery.. so after market turbo (unknown boost) front mount, custom down pipe

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/67/d3/e7_1.JPG
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Tue, 15 February 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking at the design of the turbo, Im 99% on it being a Trust, and Id lay money on it being a TD06-20G.
The red and blue shiny bit is just a tricky looking fitting for a breather line or something. Speedflow or more likely Earls no doubt.
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Tue, 15 February 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and looking at the bid history, Justen has a new project up his sleeve Smile
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Wed, 16 February 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man thats a sweet buy! Did Justen buy that Damaged Group A in perth?

This would have all the parts for that Cool
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Wed, 16 February 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy the looks if the aluminium parts ide say that the whole thing has either takin a dipo in salt water or has been near salty air for a long period.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Wed, 16 February 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is nothing in the ad that stipulates that the half cut pictured is the one for sale.

QUOTE " When the product is purchased, the item will be shipped and may take up to 2 weeks before arrival."

so how does one know what they are getting.

I have asked the seller a question on whether the sale is on the ST205 half cut, but have yet to receive a reply. Confused

just raising an important issue.

Karl
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Wed, 16 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've also done a bit of history checking on the seller. All he normally sells (and racked up 95% of his feedback score on), is broken mobile phones for about $10 a pop. All of a sudden he is taking direct deposits for a expensive half cut that lives overseas and isn't even in the country.

JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Wed, 16 February 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm certainly looking at it but like you say looks a bit suss. Emailed the guy but no response as yet....see what happens.

As for the proj, could be i'll have the 1st 'running' 3SGTE RAV 4 Wink
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: ST-205 half cut on Ebay Thu, 17 February 2005 00:48 Go to previous message
ohhh running ai,

lol....rav-gt4 is going to have some competetion Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:****SOLD**** G Series Clutch LSD IN HOUSING READY TO BOLT IN!
Next Topic:7mgte supra headlights
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 17:31:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061831474304199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.