Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » T18, good, bad or different?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
T18, good, bad or different? Wed, 16 February 2005 07:30 Go to next message
This is my first post here.

I have a quick question regarding t18's. The reason being a friend and myself and looking at using one to enter in the local sprint series. The series is timed sprints and a go-kart track as well as a few hill climbs. We have decided that both of or road cars are not really suitable and wouldn't cop the punishment for long, so its time to find something cheap.

The aim is to enter a car on a budget. We initially started looking at ke corolla's as we have a basher ke55 full of parts, but didnt find much. In the process we came across 2 t18's. Both 3t manuals. One started off the battery in the wrecker yard almost immediately, has only been off the road a few months and looks pretty good except for some surface rust and poor paint.

We can get the car for $300, just wondering how they handle, and how interchangable they are for suspension and brake upgrades from other cars. The engine probably wouldnt recieve much modification.

The emphasis is more on having fun and learning to drive without breaking anything too significant on our road cars. We arent looking to go overly quick, just dont want to be totally embarassed.

Thanks,
Tim.
  Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: T18, good, bad or different? Thu, 17 February 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T18 is good. Once you upgrade suspension and shockies, slap twin Weber's or Mikuni's on it and extractors it will go quite well indeed. If you look at the torque output for the 3tc it's actually not too bad at all. I'd consider a crower cam as well as the stock cam sucks. Being a pushrod motor, taking the head off is a piece of piss! Flow the head and put high comp pistons in it and a 4y crank (strokes it out to 2.2litres). I have a T18 with the 3teu efi version of the 3tc and I'm running a wolf 2d, mild cam and extractors and it goes very well with suspension being aftermarket. Or chuck a 2tgeu in, or a 3tgteu or . . . Rolling Eyes I'm swapping to a 3tgteu in soon, wheeeee!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 07:55]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: T18, good, bad or different? Fri, 18 February 2005 02:17 Go to previous message
have just as much potential to handle as the sprinter, same chassis and floorpan and most sprinter parts will bolt up, which is handy as these are everywhere!
only down side is its got the recurculating ball steering where as ke70/ae86 have rack and pinion, but this isnt too bad once u get used to it!
IMO, mad car to do up on the cheap!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:brake proportioing valve
Next Topic:Blue sil80 stolen. In Adelaide for drift nats
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 03:19:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035991668701172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.