Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3S-GTE into TA22?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
3S-GTE into TA22? Fri, 18 February 2005 00:51 Go to next message
I read in the engine swap page of this site that the 3s-gte can fit into the ta22 celicas??? I was under the impression that the 3s was a transverse engine... Having said, is it like the 4age engines that have the same(almost) mounts, and hence the extractors need to be replaced and other bits and pieces rearranged to get it in?
And to clear confusion in my mind, is the 3s a 1.8 or 2L. Cuz i always thought the early 3sgte's were 1.8 and then upped their size into 2L when they were made for the mr2...

I don't mind getting slandered for stupidity, but it is better to ask.

Back to the 3sgte....if it does go in....better output than a 3t gte? Oh and another thing. does the 3tgte easily drop into the 74 lt? cuz i have a 3t in it at the moment, and I just assumed they would be the same block, mounts and transmission adaptability. If so, cheapest option...3tgte, 3sgte or 4agte?

Cheers people
crok.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into TA22? Fri, 18 February 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3T and the 3S are two different families of engine there is nothing interchangeable between them.

talk to cool1 on the forums he is undergoing this exact swap at the moment hes also in QLD.

also for more info check out this thread

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=58032&start=0&rid=19&S=07b5caa5bf1ae 5e3f8a8b005f052b198

and also check out the sticky posts at the top of the tech section for more links to 3S RWD conversions

not to mention the search feature on the forums

welcome to the forums
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE into TA22? Fri, 18 February 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crokdee wrote on Fri, 18 February 2005 11:51

Back to the 3sgte....if it does go in....better output than a 3t gte? Oh and another thing. does the 3tgte easily drop into the 74 lt? cuz i have a 3t in it at the moment, and I just assumed they would be the same block, mounts and transmission adaptability. If so, cheapest option...3tgte, 3sgte or 4agte?

Cheers people
crok.

The 3S-GTE certainly does make more power than the 3T-GTE.

The 3T-GTE does basically drop straight into a TA** Celica.

The 3T-GTE will be the cheapest if you find a good complete one. The 3T drops straight in, the 3S requires quite a bit of fabrication work to get it into a FR chassis. The 4A requires conversion to turbo along with the fab work to get it int othe FR chassis.
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: 3S-GTE into TA22? Fri, 18 February 2005 02:19 Go to previous message
To clarify, the 3S series of engine has always been 2 ltr.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Broken Speedo, info?
Next Topic:high tensile wheel studs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 01:53:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035691261291504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.