Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 07:37 Go to next message
I allready have a stripped gear in my drivers side window but then the other day the passenger window went down and wouldnt come back up again (luckily it was only down an inch). I tried using the passenger sides window switch but it didnt work either. Also tried listening to the door while pressing the switch to see if the motor is turning at all but it isnt.

I dont think its the gear in the motor as its never shown any signs of wear and i also dont think the motor is gone bcause it seemed to be very strong and wind well all the way to the top.

The conclusion i have come to is that it is one of 2 things,

The power window fuse (but in this case wouldnt both windows fail?

or the cable that moves the window has become wrapped arround a metal tab inside the door when the plastic guide beaks (apparantly a common problem).

Any thoughts?

Also does anyone know where the power window fuses is located?
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont wanna take the piss or anything (i did this a few weeks back)

Have you checked the window lock button? simple mistake, i made it hehehe
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive made it too. Hehehehe. Check out the window lock button.

I also have the missing cog thing too. Man it sucks putting up the drivers window. Ka-jink Ka-jink Ka-jink all the way up.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not often the passengers window cog fails. pull the door card off and have a looksee. sounds move like a switching problem lke the other guys mentioned.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah now i feel stupid its probably a lock switch problem as i got it back from the mechanic like that arggh stupid. anyways cheers for the help ill check it right away.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Sun, 20 February 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 22:36

Ive made it too. Hehehehe. Check out the window lock button.

I also have the missing cog thing too. Man it sucks putting up the drivers window. Ka-jink Ka-jink Ka-jink all the way up.

yeah i know what u mean i allways pull the window while im pressing the button to try and preserve the cog for a while. Im trying not to spend any money on the car till i get back from japan

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 21:18]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help F@rking AW11 power windows!!!!!! Mon, 21 February 2005 11:54 Go to previous message
the new 2nd hand cog i got for the drivers side has just started to slip on certain spots again. Sad i would say the cog on the wire side is worn, which means replacing the whole damn lot. grrr

ah well, it'll do for my trip anyways. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jz-gte conversion into non efi body
Next Topic:Air bag suspension?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 10:02:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036230087280273 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.