Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 01:19 Go to next message
I did a quick search and found a little bit of info, but nothing solid regarding booster, brake and diff choices for KE20's

I wanna know if my RA23 struts will fit into the KE20?, I have found some info that states it is a straight forward swap?http://www.netwiz.net/%7Etcar/ctechtips.html# 14 aside from a little bit of cutting Smile , if not, what fabrication or modification is required?, or what strut is a simple swap?

What booster and MC will fit in the engine bay with a 2TGEU?, I have heard that the TA22 is a popular choice?, will the RA booster fit also?

And it seems that the KE55 diff is the diff of choice?, is this a straight bolt on?, if not, what requires modification?, what is a better option?

I am after some solid advice and info, and if there is anyone who has done these mods, please let me know so I can learn.

Cheers

Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 01:20]

Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't get this bloody link to work

http://www.netwiz.net/%7Etcar/ctechtips.html#14

hope this works
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=soaringmik wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 12:19 I wanna know if my RA23 struts will fit into the KE20?,

And it seems that the KE55 diff is the diff of choice?, is this a straight bolt on?, if not, what requires modification?, what is a better option?
[/quote]

if you have the struts.. and you have the car.. surely the vest information you can get is to fit it yourself and find out?

the KE55 diff? the KE20-KE70 diffs are not much different.. sure there is the jap and bogwarmer types, but they are both equally strong (just one is more of a bitch to change centres Wink )

the KE55 diff is not the diff of choice. it may be slightly wider than the KE20 diff, but is no better.

why not an S or T series diff?

Cya, Stewart
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to worried about diff strength at this stage,.

just want a cheap tidy option to change stud pattern to 4x114mm at the rear so they match the front,.

Re:RA struts, I was curious to see if anyone else had done it, as I could save myself a few hours work..

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 10 February 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh k. you can (almost definitely) use KE30 jap axles, but you may need to grind a few mm off the end..
check that you can fit the KE20 bearing on there, check the distance between the bearing and the splined end, and when they match.. all good Smile

soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Tue, 22 February 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool,.. (sorry for the late reply)

I'm going the KE30 axle swap, and just wanted to quickly ask,.

Is it ok to grind it off the splined end?, and can I just use a grinder?, or does it need to be a perfectly machined?

Thanks for the info

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Tue, 22 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know what happens as i am planning to put in a new diff to.
Cheers
Michael
bassy
Regular

July 2004
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Tue, 22 February 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also interested
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Wed, 23 February 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am also interested Very Happy ..

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Wed, 23 February 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been told by many a source that the ke55 diff would be suitable. Because it is stronger than the Ke20/25/30/35 diffs.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Wed, 23 February 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I have heard this also, but it seems easier grind a couple of mm off the end of the KE30 axles and swap them over,.

I think the standard diff would handle a 4age quite well, if you respect it Very Happy

But I am only plonking in a 2TG, so I just want the 4x114mm studs to match the front...

Still waiting for some advice though Nod
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KE20 boosters, brakes and diff, advice needed Thu, 24 February 2005 02:54 Go to previous message
get up there!!,.. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SAFC on a 1G-GTE???
Next Topic:pics of a spigot
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 13:30:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060091018676758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.