Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:02 Go to next message
I just got an RACV report on a car, and I'm wondering what "lipped disc rotor" means. Sad

Is it bad?
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your pads have worn down into your rotor. You need to get them machined or replaced.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im guessin its when ur rotars start to where out ur brake pad dont use the whole rotar and about 4 or 5mm around the outside of the rotar doesnt wear with the rest of it.. i got it on my car but qld dont care about that Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, know what it is now. Perhaps I shoulda posted this in the tech section. Smile

Anyway, Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get S13 SR20's front breaks machined? Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prob the same as any other disc. Take them off at home and take just the discs to the machinist. If they ask what they're off tell them a magna or some such shitbox
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have a mate that works at a dealership just give it to them becasue, they can just chuck them on the machine, or ur bound to have a mate who has a disk machine at there work

CHEERs

NOLAN
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're Nissan Silvia discs that have been slotted by DBA. I'd have a hard time passing them off as magna breaks. Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How far are they worn down? You should be able to get them machined anywhere unless they are fubar.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea how much that would cost?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$40 a rotor max. I paid $20 for each rotor on my coon.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 23:07

$40 a rotor max. I paid $20 for each rotor on my coon.

agreed but dont pay more that $20 bucks a rotor thats how much it should cost its not exactly a complicated process they just put it on the lathe takes 5 mins and all they do is bolt it on and flick the switch
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose it wont matter that they're slotted will it?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will depending on how deep the slots are but if thats the case the discs may need to be replaced.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Lipped disc rotor Wed, 23 February 2005 13:46 Go to previous message
I machine rotors at Repco, but depends on how far they are worn. There is a minimum thickness on every rotor, you can't go any lower than that. If it is past that then it is time for some new rotors. Sometimes they havethe minimum thickness stamped on the disc somewhere, but I'm also not sure how slotteds will go. I've never had to do one.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ANYONE OWN A 147 ARISTO?
Next Topic:Bumper Canards!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 07:35:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045177936553955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.