Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 03:18 Go to next message
hey im lookin at upgrading my fuel pressure regulator on my 3sgte looking at mine it seems to screw into the fuel rail return end as normal... just wondering if this one will fit see photo below it looks as if this new one just clamps on the only thread on it is up the top which would put the guage upside down or do u just turn something around?

http://monstaperformance.com/fuelpr/fulr101.jpg

any info would be good thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you run both the factory and aftermarket fuel pressure regs. I know with the sr20's the only bolt on fuel pressure reg that replaces your factory one is made by nizmo.

I think there's no dramas running both except for the gauge will be inaccurate.

That's just what i've heard.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhk theres a different product code for each brand of car nissan toyota etc so would that make it bolt in.. yer makin it inline after the stock one owuld make sense... so just put this regulator after the sandard one just on the return line instead of screwing it into the rail.. neone else verify this... ill try it see if it works?
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really so they do make bolt on ones for different cars? where are you getting it from whats the site?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.obxracingsports.com/

thats the site

but even if i got a fitting the same thread as the standard regulator and ran it off to some fuel hose and back onto the aftermarket regulator ?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you really want to put this on the return line? that would make the pressures a little odd...

the stock one works by the difference between the manifold pressure and the spring pressure on the diaphragm inside.

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/explodedviews/280z/77fsm/fuel%20pressure%20regulator.gif

just by having the second reg on the outlet will not necessarily be a good thing..

just get a fitting made up to bolt/crew to the fuel rail, and run a high pressure type hose to the new reg.. it's that easy...

Cya, Stewart

ps.. why are you upgrading the fuel pressure reg? what are you trying to achieve?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 14:18

just wondering if this one will fit see photo below it looks as if this new one just clamps on the only thread on it is up the top which would put the guage upside down or do u just turn something around?

amd seriously, until you work out what that thread is for, i suggest you don't touch your fuel lines.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i aint touchin the lines, im just buyin the regulator, the enigne is bein forged and bigger bolt ons so a beter regulator is probably useful
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: fuel pressure regulator Sun, 27 February 2005 10:10 Go to previous message
just looking for parts on the net that r cheaper than retail price so i pay a bit less for some things
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hey guys just after some bolting torques
Next Topic:Urgent help req'd 3sge pistons
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 8 05:21:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052309036254883 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.