Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » smallport 4AGE not starting after conversion.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
smallport 4AGE not starting after conversion. Sun, 27 February 2005 09:27 Go to previous message
Hi all, my year long conversion is coming closer to ending, but i have a problem.

The engine is in and wired up, but wont start.

ignition seems to be working, getting good spark from all the plug leads, i'm pretty sure the timing is right (set by the screwdriver in plug hole to find TDC on compression stroke then sitck dizzy in so the rotor button lines up with contact #1), i know its not spot on, but i figure i should be at least getting backfiring or something.

fuel pump is working, unbolted banjo fitting from cold start injector a bit and fuel squirted out under pressure

I think the problem lies with the injectors, but im pretty sure that they themselves are ok. i took the fuel rail (thanks for the tip adam) out and taped the injectors to it so they wouldnt shoot out, unplugged them all except one, then taped a coke bottle over the squirty end.

no fuel came out of the injectors, when i applied 12 volts to the pins, it released the presusre that was in the fuel rail and shot fuel into the bottle.

we measured the injector output with a CRO, and there is a waveform present, but not sure what it is supposed to look like.

im not running an air temp sensor or oxy sensor and there is no water in the engine yet (if that makes a difference)

i know this is a bit vauge, but any ideas what i should be looking for? i am going to go over all the wiring next weekend, see if i can find anything. (we haven't wired up the diagnostic port or a few other seemingly non-essential bits)

anybody feel like lending a hand? im afraid i can only pay in cash or parts (4ac etc) and beer, cash on starting (the car), beer just for having a look Very Happy

the car is in blackburn (victoria) if you feel like getting a headache.

i will never do an engine conversion again without either a full frontcut or just using aftermarket management.

all and any input is appreciated,

cheers,

will

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 09:37]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   smallport 4AGE not starting after conversion.  shinybluesteelSun, 27 February 2005 09:27
Read Message   Re: smallport 4AGE not starting after conversion. improvedae86Sun, 27 February 2005 09:51
Previous Topic:The great cam debate
Next Topic:How do i colour code my bumpers?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 22:37:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040040016174316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.