Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 09:01 Go to next message
going down for the F1, having never been in melbourne i was wondering if someone from down there could give me an idea on how far it is from PUNT RD to Albert Park? looking on whereis.com, it doesnt realy look like walking distance, so whats the transport like? i have a car but i spose it will have to be left at the hotel.
also, whats there to do down there at night?
  Send a private message to this user    
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Punt road ? where on punt road it's a long road
Really the trams , or walk from the closes train station to the track are going to be the best bet . You going for the four days ?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um cant remember the name of the hotel, but trams are the go?

i havent planned anything yet as the girlfriend sprung it on me today caus eshe did it as a b'day present, so i havent had much time to research.

i think i got a 4 day pass, but the hotel is booked for friday till sunday night so im not sure how im gonna do it yet, or whether i should drive down in one trip or two, i just dont know what im doing yet Cool
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my experience of the past few years at the GP the public transport system in Melb is pretty good for race fans. They have lots of signage pointing you where to go and free trams from the city to the track.

Essentially if you catch a train/tram to the city you'll be pointed in the right direction of the shuttle trams to the track.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'm with the other guy. Get your arse into the city and take a tram out from there. The trams in the city depart mainly from elizabeth street, and you'll get THOUSANDS of trams heading you out to the GP. Honestly, you can't miss it.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: melbourne people Sun, 27 February 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.street-directory.com.au
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.why-the-hell-does-everybody-find-it-necessary- to-simply-print-links.com.au
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.because.they.don't.know.how.to.link.com.au
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.street-directory.com.au
www.are-you-happy-now.com.au.co.uk.jp.org.vic.gov. de.ru
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.this.link.is.ghey.com.po0f Razz
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fattony i thought you were keeping your website quiet until you had enough funding to make it a society

http://www.rslibertyclub.org/forums/images/smiles/super.gif
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok back on topic Smile

im at 470 punt hill south yarra, shouldnt be far from a tram?
and when you say get to the city, i got no idea where the city is, is punt rd not in the city? like i said ive never been to melbourne, so its all foreign. but i assume the public transport HAS to be better than sydney.
i dont even have a map, im just gonna be driving south from campbelltown and hope i get there eventually. and im prob doing two trips so i get there around midday on friday so i can watch some of the practice. im trying to plan it all out so there is no free time so i dont have to take the missus shopping Evil or Very Mad
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha funny shit. Very Happy just go to http://whereis.com and print of the directions from there Kev, should only be a few pages, and Melbourne can be a bit of a bitch to get around by car isnt it, just ask the guys who went to the AE86 National meet lol. Surprised

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 13:56]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: melbourne people Mon, 28 February 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from 470 punt road south yarra you will notic that the nearest tram is on toorak road, which will lead to st kilda road, at which point you will exit the tram and walk down albert road that connects to queens way... continue your way down albert road until you see a massiv lake and cars n shit
http://www.geocities.com/rthy86/Pics/puntrd.jpg

http://www.street-directory.com.au
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: melbourne people Tue, 01 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the specifics mate, im taking those directions with me and holding you soley responsible if i get lost Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: melbourne people Tue, 01 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous message
excellent Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:a few questions (legal matter)
Next Topic:CRAZY DRIFT F-UPS!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 14:51:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069139003753662 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.