Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
hi to everyone/bunderra question Sat, 26 February 2005 09:04 Go to next message
hi guys sorry if i piss anyone off with not using the search function but ive a question or two about engines in the landcruiser bunderra,ive never owned one before,ive just brought a 85 lx model with a blown engine 22r(hole in block)and 5th gear is noisey.id really like to replace it with another toyota engine thats more late model,i have a bit of time to do it and a good mechanic freind.what would you guys suggest.its on a truck to me at the moment i brought it sight unseen as ive always wanted one http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/52/ea/8d_1_b.JPG

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 10:15]

Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Sat, 26 February 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find 22RE motor so you upgrade to EFI?

only a slight increase in performance, but it would bolt up without issues.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Sat, 26 February 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The question is how far do you wanna go?

As chuckster suggests most simple upgrade is 22RE or you could go to the other extreme and fit a 1JZGTE like me.
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Sat, 26 February 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys,skip nice conversion what did that engine come out in??i was thinking a marks V6 conversion but id like top keep it all toyota.ill know more when it arives and i get the motor out.cant wait been years since ive tinkered with a project 8)do any other motors bolt up or near to other than the 22r?hows these drop in 22s from the states,wish i had the money for one of these Very Happy http://209.250.27.45/m1webgear/partimages/1012012.JPG
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Sun, 27 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 23:19

The question is how far do you wanna go?

As chuckster suggests most simple upgrade is 22RE or you could go to the other extreme and fit a 1JZGTE like me.

Shocked
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My engine came out of a Soarer.

V6 commo engine is one of the last things id put in. Youd be much better off fitting a 7MGE or even better 2JZGE. Cambelt has a 7MGE in his Bundera so you might wanna PM him for details. You can get a 2JZGE for around $1000, bellhousing for around $400 from dellow and do the engine mounts yourself.

The other option is to fit either a 1GGTE or 1GGZE these motors will bolt straight up to your gearbox, im not sure about the engine mounts but go to the outerlimits4x4 forums and search there is a guy who has done this conversion on there.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats one nice looking 22re
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UZ it up!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 08:45

UZ it up!

I wonder whether youd have width problems with 1UZ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt it.
Its not that wide. People make it out to be a mother of a motor size wise.
I'd say your intake plenum and turbos would be just as wide.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is a bunderra ?
wat makes it different to a landcruiser ????
I've been looking at buying another 4wd (my rural side is taking over)
Sorry i know it's off topic but it's not really worht making another thread about.
and yes i searched but only found threads about modding them not them in general.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bunderra's are 2 doors
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohk sweet i've been looking at 2door shortie's as i don't need anything bigger.
and they are smhort enough to rarly get hungup.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one R i believe, bundera!

my dad has one and loves it, i reken a 1UZ/2UZ would be SWEET in one!
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive found another one thats being wrecked it has a 22r e/inject are the wiring looms much diffrent.one r is correct bundera,are the diffs transfers the same as other landcruisers in same year?a soarer engine would be real good Evil or Very Mad
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie: wot u want to buy is a BJ70 or 73 landcruiser. the differences between these and bunderras is bunerra are coils but they have weak hilux diffs which will break front axles. the landcrusier has leafs and land cruiser axles

-Calvin
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 28 February 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhh right i've seen both hilux axles snap clean in half.
Yet i've never seen it happen to a cruiser.
and trust me i've tryed.
thanks hokey
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Tue, 01 March 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front coils rock!its a question of what your going to do with the vehicle Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Tue, 01 March 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coils or leaves i don't care either way.
I know that if i get a leaf sprung 4X4 i could maybe lift the truck by mounting the springs on top of the axle if they're not already there.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Tue, 01 March 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh spring over axle conversion (SOA) is a cheap and relatively easy way to get a lot of lift out of stock springs
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Wed, 02 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did it to my old landcruiser.
all i needed was new drive shafts and brake lines
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Wed, 02 March 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 07:00

Mookie: wot u want to buy is a BJ70 or 73 landcruiser. the differences between these and bunderras is bunerra are coils but they have weak hilux diffs which will break front axles. the landcrusier has leafs and land cruiser axles

-Calvin

Seems to be a very generalised comment.

80 series cruisers have 8" hilux diffs up front, do they break alot?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Wed, 02 March 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a bigger motor and lockers i am sure they would break alot. if u really want tuffness then get patrol diffs. but they are from the other family and that is a whole other thing
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Wed, 02 March 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well lockers aint good for any diff.
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 07 March 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 15:57

with a bigger motor and lockers i am sure they would break alot. if u really want tuffness then get patrol diffs. but they are from the other family and that is a whole other thing

if i wanted something ugly i would have brought a patrol
Rolling Eyes you can bust anything if you want too,
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Mon, 07 March 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am not sayin to buy a patrol i am sayin that patrol are a good idea to combat the weak hilux axles
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Tue, 08 March 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why go patrol when you could use land cruiser axles
I'm pretty sure most older patrol models (MQ etc) had shocking ride quality.
And shocking steering
I don't know how much of this would come with the axles but the landcruiser faired better in all the test i had read.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Tue, 08 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh u would use the axles but u don't hav to use the springs. and yes teh MQ's had very bad ride quality. Everyone will agree that patrol axles (GQ or GU) will be alot stronger than landcrusier axles. anyway u can do wot u want wit ur car, these are just suggestions
jasonr
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: hi to everyone/bunderra question Sat, 12 March 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
well i brought a used 22r out of a 89 hilux so im ready to swap engines,i dont know if the sumps are diffrent i suspect it.im also looking for a chrome front bumper to suit,anyone know what bumpers fit buderas?very happy with the vehicle new suspension all round electric windows/sunroof all working power steer,air con(no belt)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:torque converter lockup
Next Topic:Diffs for AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 14:30:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010556936264038 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.