Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels? Mon, 28 February 2005 04:44 Go to next message
Hi guys, My father recently had to replace a fuel pump on a 94 4wd hilix deisel (non turbo) - aparently it isn't running too well now and I was wondering if any of you guys knew much about 3l diesels (2.8 litre).

Cheers,

Clayton
  Send a private message to this user    
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels? Mon, 28 February 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont know much about them but I do know I have a set of pistons & rings 20 thou over for a 3L Turbo.

BUT dad mentioned that the injector pump needs to be timed with a special dial guage tool to get the correct injection point. Hope that helps
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels? Mon, 28 February 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it does help very much!! thank you, that is what my dad thought he had actually done wrong... so this kinda backs it up. I will let him know. I don't suppose you know what this tool is? or should he just take it to a deisel mechanic to get it timed right?

Cheers,

Clayton
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels? Mon, 28 February 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have '91 3L diesel 'lux as well.

unless your dad is a diesel mechanic with the right tools for timing the diesel fuel pump i'd advise that he get a diesel mechanic to do it.

timing the fuel pump in one of these is a bit more precise that doing the timing on an 18R (e.g. anywhere between 5 and 15 degrees might work for the petrol box but not a fuel distributor on a diesel)
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: Anyone here know much about 3l Diesels? Mon, 28 February 2005 15:52 Go to previous message
You can calibrate the pump urself, its no big deal and unless the engine has very very many miles/km's on it, the factory marks are still good to put them on, just call ur toyota dealer and ask for the timing marks, its exacly the same as doing the timing belt, infact the marks are inbetween all the marks for the timingbelt settings. When he changed the pump he probable missed the possition by a tooth or so, and have to open the covers back up and line the engine back on their marks.

the old "drope" test is rarely being used today, and thank god for that, since its both expensive and time consuming work.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:better Wiring looms online
Next Topic:thermostat - RWD 4AGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 10:51:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011181831359863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.