Toymods » Tech & Conversions » PLS help ra65 Pod filter :

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
icon10.gif  PLS help ra65 Pod filter : Thu, 03 March 2005 01:55 Go to next message
Hey all .. paycheck is in the bank and im going to splurge a little bit on the car again this week

im going for a pod filter. i got a mate coming over to help out .. but just incase he doesnt know how to do something im wanting to know how to put them on

i understand that the AFM is the metal block under the black box in my RA65 and from what ive read in these forums i need some sort of clip .. is this clip easy to get a hold of ?
ummm. .. basically i have to take out the black box but there is a pipe that also connects to the bottom of the AFM and into the air filter .. so when taking off the box does the pipe stay on there ?
and there is another pipe off the back of the big black box which goes to another box Sad

it looks complicated and i dont wanna stuff anything up ..

http://members.iinet.net.au/~richo99/images/RA65/PIPE%20FROM%20BOX.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~richo99/images/RA65/PIPE%20FROM%20BOX2.jpg

if anyone can give me some tips .. id be thankful Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PLS help ra65 Pod filter : Thu, 03 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous message
That's an emissions thingy.

What I did, was buy a K&N drop in replacement filter, and then swisscheese the airbox with a large drill bit (but not around where the crankcase vapour from the emssions thingy gets re-sucked in by the filter).

I don't recommend this - as with all pod filters without any thermal sheilding , all you're doing is sucking in hot air. I ended up taping all the swiss-cheese holes up, and going back to near-stock. Never got around to sorting the cold air intake out properly.

Best bet... if you're alreaady bought the pod filter.... would probably be house it within the stock air box, and then have some cold air intakes feeding up to the front of the box (and cut holes in it to suit). See pics of Nark's car for pics of the piping & sheilding.

BTW the "other box" you talk of, underneath the air filter box, is the 'stones/dirt catching thingy'. Most people remove it. I took mine off & lost it.

Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What uses large Top feed injectors?
Next Topic:Oil lines for a single turbo 1G
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 05:44:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003521203994751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.