Toymods » General Car Talk » Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 10:34 Go to next message
Attending a recent toymods arranged dyno day I put my car on the rollers to see what power figure i might be getting...

After the dyno run I got my slip saying i had got 86.6kw at the Wheels...

This was just with a 2.25" exhaust and a redback muffler...

Now i had a few wierd measurements on the dyno that i'm still tryin to understand... My O2 Sensor went a bit Spastic at 5400rpm as u can see here

http://img219.exs.cx/img219/7812/dyno8pk.jpg

Theres just a couple of things i'm tryin to figure out..

What could have caused this spike in my O2 sensor..

A mate of mine noticed that i am missing a bolt on my EGR to the exhaust manifold, when the car is idling you can feel the exhaust coming out of the hole, could this have lowered my power output? The hole is above the o2 sensor...

I also have a worn rear engine mount, the engine really knocks when u lift the foot off the accelerator, but more so when u put ur foot down... Could this reduce performance?

Last thing on the list was... I went to a mates place after the dyno and i checked my timin (i made sure i crossed the diagnosis T And E1 connections) and to my suprise i found the ignition timing to be on a very low 6 degrees. Standard timing it should be on 10 degrees, would this have caused a reduced performance as well?

Just wondering how extractors may increase kw at the wheels, 4-2-1 setup!!!

Cheers
Adrian
  Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I told ya before, but could the operator have pulled the sensor out prematurely? It kinda drops to zero which would be a bit odd that high in the rev range.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 21:51

I told ya before, but could the operator have pulled the sensor out prematurely? It kinda drops to zero which would be a bit odd that high in the rev range.

Man i cracked up laughin when u said it to me in person...

It went something like this "It was probably because the operator pulled out Prematurely"....
Boy how could u NOT take that wrongly....

But yeah it could be ur right.. i'll have to check the video of the dyno run.. i'm pretty sure he stayed there till the end.. i'm thinkin thats when the o2 sensor and the premapped fuel maps clashed...

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The oxy sensor they were shoving in your tailpipe (before removing it prematurely) was having some issues on the day. A few guys got AFR spikes or had it go dead completely. So those spike are nothing to worry about.

Yes, that low timing advance will probably affect power a bit, but I am not 100% how the factory computer will deal with that. If you advance it just be wary of pinging.

Hen
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 22:12

It went something like this "It was probably because the operator pulled out Prematurely"....
Boy how could u NOT take that wrongly....

but only cos ur car peaked too early, was it your first time... on the dyno?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pesky dyno virgins - always peaking too early ... but then again - they always come back for more and get better each time!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare Thu, 03 March 2005 23:23 Go to previous message
Laughing Laughing Workin' Blue fellas - Noice! Laughing Laughing

Nice AFR's below 3,800 b.t.w. - Am I correct in thinking that there's no advantage (ping or power-wise) in going richer than 12.7 ?

Edit:
If you've got the time/cash, you can plumb a knock sensor into the waterjacket (preferably in the centre of the head) and hit the dyno hard, timing light & knock alarm in hand. Then it's TWEAK TWEAK TWEAK with no fear of unknown detonation. JOY! Very Happy

p.s. -pull some fuel outta that sucka: Leaner is meaner! Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 23:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car/other things in Japan? your stories? advice?
Next Topic:roadworthy, mod plate info??? where
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 14:49:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058600902557373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.