Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Sat, 05 March 2005 08:18 Go to next message
im thinking of getting my Exhaust done this week for my 22Re RA65 Celica .. any reccomendations ?

looking at spending under $350

Mate said i should get 2.25" and 2 hotdogs with a small cannon at the rear.... thing is ... he doesnt think my car has a CAT :s

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 09:48]

Send a private message to this user    
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Sun, 06 March 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUUUUUUUUMPPP!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Sun, 06 March 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're looking at spending $350, you're obviously looking at a cat back - no extractors.... so you want mainly noise?
I had a 2.5" put on my celica - sounded suprisingly sporty, but I put a standard oval muffler on the back to minimise bling (and make the noise bearable). I went for no cat as well - made a small but noticable difference to power, especially as to how happy it was revving (which is not much regardless for the poor 22r). If you want performance... well, apart from getting a new motor, extractors are a good idea to save up for at the same time as an exhaust.
and rip all the emissions crap off it (if you dont mind hurting the environ a little)
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Sun, 06 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra65 dont have cat as their a pre 85 vehicle.

I've just got manifold back to one muffler and thats it, 2.25" all the way. Sounds very nice and makes a bit of a difference to power.

Your best off getting 4-1 extractors then 2.25 through to single muffler. Might cost a bit more but then you have a full exhaust done
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Sun, 06 March 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys ... anymore opinions ?
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Mon, 07 March 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine was 4-2-1 and 2 1/2 with one muffler at first but didnt sound any good so i put on a resonator. and no they dont need a cat.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Mon, 07 March 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They should have a cat standard.
Both my SA63's have them and i understand it's illegal to remove them.
a friend got a new system for 220 bucks stainless steel including an oval lukey muffler.
Don't go the cannon muffler as it doesn't suit the car it's a squareish car with a milo tin hanging from the bumper.
I have an SA63 with a cannon muffler that was on it i'm looking into getting a regular muffler but i'm having trouble finding a 3 inch straight thru muffler
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Mon, 07 March 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the car is pre 86 it wont have cats cos they used leaded petrol and leaded petrol eats out the active material in catylitic converters, thus it won't have them if it is pre 86.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Mon, 07 March 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what else could the 1st canister be then ?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Advice on Exhaust for 22RE ? Fri, 18 March 2005 14:04 Go to previous message
another muffler is what hte ehxaust shop told me
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age 16v head on 4agze block
Next Topic:different toyota fuel pump questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 06:45:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044910907745361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.